FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Teh film thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Tomato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horsin'around wrote:
but then again, in Homeward Bound, when the kitty fell of the waterfall I'd hide behind a chair and try not to cry, no matter how many times my brothers said she wasn't dead. XD

To this day, there are movies I refuse to watch for this very reason: They terrified me as a child. Terrified to the point of hiding.

The Flight of the Navigator, Hook, and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Actually, The Empire Strikes Back was one of those weird duality movies, where I loved the first part, but as soon as the first initial battle was over... I couldn't stand to watch it. I'd turn it off and go hide or something. I hated seeing Han and Chewie get tortured Sad
Tamir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh! Flight of the Navigator and Hook are excellent movies! Stop being silly, Mato! XD

Say, has anyone here by chance heard of The Wizard of Speed and Time? I doubt it, but it'd be interesting.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least Hook and Star Wars are fantastic movies... Rolling Eyes
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so maybe Flight of the Navigator wasn't the best movie of all times. But I really liked it when I was a kid. Smile I have less love for the Star Wars movies.
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of Wizard of Speed and Time. Oh, those ridiculous oldies...
My younger brother just played Harvey in their school show. Pity I couldn't see it...

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
le Pencil Pirate

Location: Still under the Opera House, and still hoarding Tristram's pencils.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey! Very Happy That's a good one.

Gosh..... I like way too many movies. Ehrmm..
"Lord of the Rings". OK, so what if they weren't clones of the books. They stayed true to the spirit of them, and they were cinematic masterpieces.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl". I really wish the swashbuckler would come back in full force. That said, I also have a guilty pleasure or love/hate relationship with the sequals.
"Sense and Sensibillity". Ang Lee is brilliant, and so is Miss Austen. And Alan Rickman as Col. Brandon? Mah hero.
Other top faves include (in no particular order)..
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Phantom of the Opera
The Road to El Dorado
Edward Scissorhands
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
King Kong (2005)
Ben Hur
The Searchers
Singin' in the Rain
The Illusionist
Shrek
Beauty and the Beast
Hmmmm..... I guess "Plan 9 From Outer Space" can go in there, too. Just because it's so awsomely and classically bad.

There's no genre that I really don't like.. Except horror. Maybe not if it's a Tim Burton, but otherwise... bleh.
Classy 2-D animation MUST. COME. BACK. Everybody needs to go see Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" multiple times, even if it stinks.

Keeper of Tristram's Pencils, Bel's non-existant rear, and... I think that's it.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squee doesn't watch animation if it stinks...at least more than once. Razz But yes, we need more classic animation...Pixar is great and all, but Squee wants more style!

Though, Squee just watched Disney's Enchanted last night. A delightful movie! Besides the fact that Squee <3 the animation sequences...it was a cute and hilarious film that made fun of their own stuff. And not in an overdone way either. Squee highly recommends it...well, unless you're a hater of romantic comedies. It does, after all, fit the mold very snuggly.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to dig out the original Disney's Peter Pan but I can't find it anywhere Sad any ideas?

I absolutely positively refuse to watch horror films. I just don't enjoy scaring myself so I can't sleep. My friend calls me a wimp and tries to make me watch them, but I just sit and make stupid comments till she gets unfeasibly annoyed and caves Very Happy

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
le Pencil Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The animated "Peter Pan"? Man, that's been all over the place, hasn't it? I think I've seen it in the kid's movie section at Target... And there's always Amazon.
I just don't like being grossed out. xP Horror films all seem so pointless. And the characters tend to be stupid. "Hmm, I think I shall go into the dark, creepy house all by myself. And at night, too, especially since a lot of my friends have been found dead and brutally dismembered of late... A wonderful idea!" I mean, a person's intelligence can only take so much..

Squeeself wrote:
Though, Squee just watched Disney's Enchanted last night. A delightful movie! Besides the fact that Squee <3 the animation sequences...it was a cute and hilarious film that made fun of their own stuff. And not in an overdone way either. Squee highly recommends it...well, unless you're a hater of romantic comedies. It does, after all, fit the mold very snuggly.

We had to buy that movie after we saw it in theaters. So adorable. It just makes you so.... happy.

Keeper of Tristram's Pencils, Bel's non-existant rear, and... I think that's it.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two friends and I watched Enchanted and as we came out of the cinema we saw two swans curving their necks into a loveheart. Now, I don't usually go gooey over silly things like that but all three of us just stood there for about 10 mins melting at the knees a little! It made us all notice the lovely bits in the world Smile

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
le Pencil Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. The only other movie I can think of that has a similar effect would be "Lady and the Tramp". <3

Does anybody else know of any movies like that?

Dark Mirf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Lady and the Tramp, I loooved that movie. Disney Robin Hood was my hero during my childhood, I even dressed up as him one halloween. XD

Other movies that I remember atm:
Dances of Lughnasa
South Pacific
Sound of the Music
The Last Unicorn
Shaolin Soccor

I'm crap on reviews, some of the movies I watch is just to be nostaglic for old time's sake. I also like muscial films. Smile
le Pencil Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I was, like, obsessed with Robin Hood from the time I was five to when I was ten. And to some extent, still am. <D

Musicals are awesome. Especially that one about the dude in the mask.... *scratches head* Y'know, and there was this girl and she was an opera singer...

Yeah, and "The Music Man" is a good one, too. I'm not mentioning "Sweeney Todd", because I never got to see it. *sulk*
I'm talking about the movie-versions, of course. Just so I don't get poodled for being off-topic. ^^;

Spindrifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Movie version of Phantom was awful... Gerard Butler did NOT do justice to the role. And while Emmy Rossum was passable, she just hadn't the necessary voice...

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the movie was good, but I haven't seen it on stage so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Saw Fools Gold a few days ago, that wasn't bad, it was quite funny and the underwater scenes were cool. I also watched in Her Shoes the other day and that was....more serious than I was expecting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: