FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Bering RP OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry too much about the story being derailed by PC interactions, I have a PC and an NPC to guide the story along the right track if need be. Not to mention all the pirates, one of whom might let out some lovely snippet of tactical knowledge like "We're being hit from both sides, the Tacoma must have called reinforcements, fall back to the bridge" or something. I dunno. Razz

Like I said, we'll see how the story plays out. If it looks like I need to keep everyone from shooting holes in each other, then I'll guide the story along in that direction. Otherwise, I plan on letting this play out and watching how it develops. Let the PCs stretch their legs for a bit, since we're going to be on the ground and PC decisions can decide a lot of the meat of the story.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I was just thinking. Since the pirates know Mitch didn't have those guns to begin with, and their searches didn't find the guns, there must have been a hiding place they didn't know about. Meaning whatever they're looking for might be on the Tacoma after all. The fact that the Bering showed up would only increase their suspicions.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's entirely possible, but you'll have to wait and see what their reaction is in-game. Also, their reaction depends largely on an NPC that the Tacoma and Bering crews don't yet know about, and on the actions of the joint Tacoma/Bering strike force.

Edited to remove plot give-aways. Sometimes I get kind of wordy! ^^;

Just letting you guys know, I have contingency plans, back-up plans, and then fail-safe plans. You're in good hands, so just act naturally and play your characters however you want to play them. This may be out of character from previous GMing roles I've had, but I'm kind of keeping the kiddie gloves on here. I can say with fair certainty that no PCs are going to die.

I mean, if you open an airlock to deep space while standing in front of it, I'm going to be obliged to let you, but...yeah. No random bullets making critical hits on you guys or anything.

So just have fun! Very Happy

(3 Edits for one post. Goodness, I should proof-read more often!)

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* I was just thinking out loud. Or whatever the proper terminology is, seeing as I'm not actually talking.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll let other play ahead of me a bit, since I don't know which way this will go.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentle reminder to post, if you haven't. Will be moving the plot along this weekend regardless. You might want to give a quick overview of what your character, you know, has for weapons. Just a suggestion...

Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm organizing a craft show this weekend and therefore i probably won't be around much for the next few days as all the details and panic come into place.
also I'm dealing with old ladies, i'm not ageist it's just a fact Wink

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah's going to hang back and follow the action, so though I'm willing to post, it won't do much good.

Okay, Leah has a stick, a pocket-pistol, and her medkit. Could you list what she got from you? Your lovely descriptions got me a bit lost, I think. Does she have a gun from you too?

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, the crew are allowed to take some standard fare armaments from the captain. They're just basic weapons, though the "basic weapons" of the era were incredibly good. There's handguns and a submachine gun, so take your pick. Mm... thinking I'll update Friday or Saturday.

Red Skelton
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that'll be another handgun, then.

thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa: I'd bank on a fighting advance through the ship to find the wounded. Leah would likely follow the fighters at a fairly safe distance, doing what she could to help and tending to any urgent wounds suffered, until we got there.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies a thousand times over for the delay, I found myself without a computer as soon as I returned home from college. Problem should (fingers crossed) be taken care of now! I'll be posting tonight.

Red Skelton
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - okay, so how should I play this? Any suggestions? I wasn't planning on initiating anything, so I"m totally lost. Also, why would the gravity feeling change? Different type of engines? And would her interference have any effect on the battle, or should I stop refering to it?

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@The gravity implant, that's because the Tacoma is under the operation of the pirate vessel's gravity drive. Instead of the highly unrefined human systems of the Bering and Tacoma, she's beginning to feel the much more advanced systems the pirates are using. More on that as the plot progresses, though.

Character actions, though, I'll leave to you. Leah's options (in my opinion only) would be to either make a break for medical, join the fighting, or to wait for the all clear from the two soldiers up front. YMMV, though.

Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will post tonight. too busy to think up a good reply lately. Darn those jewelery commissions and making of book for niece.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32

Jump to: