FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

So what have you been up to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Virturealm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a twist of fate, right at the moment where I really felt like using the forum more often again, it shut down. I was checking the site more often than I had in a really long time, and it was just to see it it was alive again or not.

I've been holding an unhealthy addiction to another message board for the last year and a half. There was an awesome and massive puzzle to be solved, and one could spend hours a day doing nothing but debate and analysis, without having to interact socially or remember usernames (or be particularly nice), and apparently this is incredibly relaxing for me. Ate up the vast majority of my internet time (and my internet time isn't exactly limited), which helped to crush my ESF attendance to rare at best. But now the puzzle is solved, and it can't be unsolved, and the board died, and I eventually came back here, and then the next day the board was gone.

I distinctly remember commenting that the board would probably collapse before I ever finally got a thousand post title. Depending on how you look at it, that means that either the world really does love to irritate me like I think it does, or what happened to the board is actually all my fault... >_>

Anyway, While the board has been gone, things have been going on about the same as they usually do, though they also seem to be building up to somewhat of a climax. I'm still hopelessly neurotic, but there's actually some serious progress being made there, and on the other hand my academics are quickly approaching FUBAR, and I don't think I can stall for much longer while I try and sort out my other stuff. I could be anywhere in as little as six months from now. I don't have a clue how things will work.

Condolences to Tin and Asa (wish I had more to add on the subject)
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

I had six classes every day all through high school, so you're out of luck there. Some people actually gave up their lunch/homeroom to take seven.

Don't be too jealous of us travelers. You'll get your chance soon enough. The only place worth going that's in any danger of going somewhere is Venice, and I think its still got a few years left.

England is a wonderful place, as I'm sure Britland will tell you. By the way, if you go to London without visiting the Tower, it's a felony. So make sure she goes.

I know. . .I had seven in middle school, but it's just the sudden jump int he middle of the year is going to be weird, you know? We're still trying to figure the administration out, because the change is one month before school lets out. We can't fathom it.

Oh, I've been traveling, and that's why I'm jealous. Don't worry about dangerous places, I've been to a country where they have an official hate-america holiday - terribly pleasant I'm told. I'm just jealous because I've never been out of this hemisphere - and in my own country of America, I've never been off the east coast. You can see how this would annoy someone who loves to travel, no?

And she's actually been to England before, and France, on a school trip, she saw the tower then and still likes to talk about it. =)
Grimwatch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like Virt, I was looking to spend more time on the forums right when it fell off the web, although I didnt make any claims to '1K or bust'... (I might have mentioned a desire to get there though Shocked )

Condolences to Tin and Asa, plus an extra large beverage/cookie of his choice for Tin. I skirted the edge of burning out a few years ago, and that was unpleasant enough, I can only imagine what you've gone through.

Since the forum went down, I've moved into my new place, with both its pros and cons. Sadly tomorrow I will be informing one of my flatmates that they have to leave, due to behaviour etc. Not something I'm looking forward to doing.
Ive mangaed to catch up with a few friends I havent seen in a while, and just last week attended my best friends wedding! Photos to follow when we have a thread for that and I can paste Brad Pitts face over my in the pics Razz .
Played a few games, read a few books, jotted down a few ideas for fanfics etc... BTW I look forward to that trailer, I thought about something like that a little while back, but lack skills/ability/talent etc etc Very Happy . Other than that, a very peaceful life , aside from the symptoms of forum withdrawl. You know, the waking up in the middle of the night wondering if the forums back up, composing 'yay, the forums back' posts in your head, whimpering everytime you read 'Sorry, this forum is unavailable'...
<_<
>_>
Soooo, just me then....

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
aside from the symptoms of forum withdrawl. You know, the waking up in the middle of the night wondering if the forums back up, composing 'yay, the forums back' posts in your head, whimpering everytime you read 'Sorry, this forum is unavailable'...
<_<
>_>
Soooo, just me then....

No Grim, not just you.
Tamir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed not.

By the way, Virt, I'm going to have to kill you for destroying the old forum. I hope that's okay by you.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
Quote:
aside from the symptoms of forum withdrawl. You know, the waking up in the middle of the night wondering if the forums back up, composing 'yay, the forums back' posts in your head, whimpering everytime you read 'Sorry, this forum is unavailable'...
<_<
>_>
Soooo, just me then....

No Grim, not just you.

definitely not just you.

I forgot to stick this in my original post, but my computer crashed while the forum was down. I lost a few things, moved on, and stole my parents computer.
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, Virt, I'm going to have to kill you for destroying the old forum. I hope that's okay by you.

Two words: Lynch. Mob.

Officially dubbed Pez by AsA
Cypher = code = problem = puzzle = Puzz = Pez

Keeper of Skogul's berserk rage, and the Endless Void.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll protect you Virt! I like the new forum, the old forum was full of dead topics, the colour scheme hurt my eyes after a while....And I didn't have a million posts like other people so I haven't lost too much, I just hope the same people come back, so far it's lookin good.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working (ugh) on the fish counter of a local supermarket (even more ugh) whilst applying for an MSc course (interview on the 25th) and spending my spare time drawing and spriting on the Wesnoth (www.wesnoth.org, come play) forums.
Virturealm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, it was an offhanded remark like six months ago. >_>

Anyway YOU THINK YOU'RE THE FIRST TO TRY?? Twisted Evil

*does a backflip into his rocket car*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

*zooms away*
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not escape our totally artificial and misplaced wrath!

*hijacks a fighter plane and gives chase*

Twisted Evil

Officially dubbed Pez by AsA
Cypher = code = problem = puzzle = Puzz = Pez

Keeper of Skogul's berserk rage, and the Endless Void.
CBB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: So what have you been up to? Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your losses, Tinman and Asa. Peace be with you and their families.

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
I'm going to Spain soon to visit my sister, that should be fun

EEEEEEEE! Which part of Spain? For how long? TAKE PICTURES. *geeks out*

Two things have dominated my life in the last two months:

1. I got a job as a reservation agent for Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and Intercontinental. It's extremely boring and irritating at times, but that's ok. For a job that's all about talking to people, it's remarkably asocial, which is the worst part for me. I had fun in the training class because it was a lot like high school or college: lots of opportunities to talk to people. Now training is over and the longest conversation I'm allowed to have is two minutes long. BUT: it's an awesome way to build up salesperson skillz, and you can't shake a stick at that.

2. I got addicted to WoW. I'm in a race against a friend to see who can make it to level 70 first, and despite an early start on his part, it's been neck to neck. But I'm getting sidetracked by gankers who won't leave me alone...

Other than that, life has been a monotone with a few patches of color here and there. My best friend lives 200 miles away, all my other friends are married, out-of-state, or out-of-country, and my job has really weird hours anyway.

I've started to teach my sister-in-law's sister Spanish, and my first ever niece is about 2/3 done. My parents have started a major reconstruction of the backyard, which included me smashing apart a former duckpond this afternoon.

I was elected as a county delegate at a caucus a few days ago, so I get to help select my party's nominees in two weeks. I'm attending one poli sci class at the University of Utah.

I went to a "Video Games Live" concert two weeks ago, which was beyond awesome, and afterwards I almost hit a lawn chair that flew out of a truck in front of me on the freeway. I had to slow down to avoid it, and my sister tried to lean out of the window and grab it, but she was unsuccessful.

My grandmother celebrated her 95th birthday with three generations of descendants.

Ummm...I think that's it. >>

Psychosomatic! That boy needs therapy...
Ya que estamos en el baile, ¡bailemos!

Keeper of Earthsong's Wispy Wooshy Memory Ball
Keeper of the Dragon Planet
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many condolences to Tinalles and Asa; it's always painful to watch someone struggle with ill health.

Gosh, where to start?

Well, round about the time the forum initially went down, I was in the middle of my exam period. Unfortunately, I'm having to resit Kanji this term, but they're going to half the class' workload which relieves and infuriates me at the same time. I have a lot of work to do for Monday now. ><

I've been quite lazy to be honest. I've gone back to writing and drawing in earnest, and have been trying to work on an original project that's been stalling for a few years now, as my devwatchers are probably aware. But I'm quite pleased with what I've been coming up with, because it feels like I'm developing.

My boyfriend came to visit me, which was awesome! We did a lot of sight-seeing, although Tokyo Tower turned out to be a bit of a disaster. >< He was a bit disappotined Japan was not as weird as Jonothan Ross and Christ Tarrant had made it out to be, but I took him through to Harajuku and that mollified him somewhat. I miss him, but it's only four months till we meet again so I'm staying positive. I do miss people at home.

After much brow-beating from Futagi, I have caved and agreed to do a live for GMC (the music club). I think I've sorted what band we're doing, but we still need to choose the songs. I'm currently kind of feeling a bit ill with panic about it, because I've not trained for singing in so long and I have sore tonsils right now. ><

Term has also started up again here, so I have to decide what classes I'm taking. I'm a bit frightened because for all I've passed to 500 level, the classes seem quite tough to me. I understood fine what was going on in class, but we've got so much prep and homework to do... D: I'll do my best, and I hope that's enough. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, I'm ill with a sore throat/tonsils at the moment, so it may be making everything seem a lot worse than it actually is.

It is very good to hear from you all again, and it's great to be back on the forums.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBB Wrote
Quote:
EEEEEEEE! Which part of Spain? For how long? TAKE PICTURES. *geeks out*

Malaga? And you're lucky I just bought a new camera.

Oh and I suggest using this or is that cheating?
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I had six classes every day all through high school, so you're out of luck there. Some people actually gave up their lunch/homeroom to take seven.

Don't be too jealous of us travelers. You'll get your chance soon enough. The only place worth going that's in any danger of going somewhere is Venice, and I think its still got a few years left.

England is a wonderful place, as I'm sure Britland will tell you. By the way, if you go to London without visiting the Tower, it's a felony. So make sure she goes.

I know. . .I had seven in middle school, but it's just the sudden jump int he middle of the year is going to be weird, you know? We're still trying to figure the administration out, because the change is one month before school lets out. We can't fathom it.

Oh, I've been traveling, and that's why I'm jealous. Don't worry about dangerous places, I've been to a country where they have an official hate-america holiday - terribly pleasant I'm told. I'm just jealous because I've never been out of this hemisphere - and in my own country of America, I've never been off the east coast. You can see how this would annoy someone who loves to travel, no?

Really? my High School has 8 courses a day, not counting homeroom, and you have to give up one of them to have time to eat anything.
About traveling, ever since I've lived in the US, the thing was "let's travel around here since we don't know when we're leaving... though that is apparently never. So I've been to various sections of the USA. In the Americas I've gone to the neighbors, Canada, Bahamas, and the Yucatan section of Mexico. In Europe, though I come from there, nowhere since I became conscious...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: