FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Snowden

Rolaoi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Snowden Reply with quote

Ok, so I got this idea for a story. This is free-writing. I was going to put it in sequential order, but I find I rather like it this way.

She sat in her car in the parking-lot. She wanted to start her car, but life held her fast. A monolith stood in front of her. She wanted to know how anyone could seem so confident. College was so impossible. She was afraid the military would cut her hair. She didn't want to get shot. She didn't know how to cook. It was too big.

They sat in the office, and everything seemed boring. The glass doors reflected two official, as of last week, adults still in teenage clothes. One had on black leather pants and black boots and a red top; the other a tee-shirt for the tennis team and jeans and flip-flops. Both girls were watching a contractor tint a window so that one couldn't look in on the person on the other side.

"I wonder how that glass is supposed to protect the school from a guy with a gun?" The one in the tennis shirt, Kat, said without looking at her friend.

"I don't know. Maybe there's some sort of alarm that goes off if the glass breaks. It really seems like a waste of money." The other, Chelsea, responded still looking at the man tinting glass.

"Hey! Is there some protection besides that glass from some guy with a gun?" Kat asked the man tinting glass.

"I don't know, I don't think so." The man looked at the doors.

"Tax dollars at work." Chelsea said more than a little bitterly. "Oh, thank GAWD they painted the class rooms, and put down tile with our school's name on it. It's not like the theater isn't falling apart, and the lights work just fine. Yep, forget trying to get new computers or textbooks, we need to build a fountain."

They fell silent again. Kat checked the clock on the wall, it read 5PM. "I've got to go...good luck with the house."

"Thanks, good luck with college-life." Chelsea said as she put her phone to her ear.

Kat walked the silent halls a little too swiftly. Her teeth clenched tightly. It all seemed too much. Although the halls were silent, her snowdens still walked them. The building was so much smaller now. It scared her.

They were walking the halls.

"I want to go to the art academy... I think I'll become a starving artist" Kat giggled a little.

"Cool"

"I'm just scared I'll never make any money. I love art, but I just don't know if going to college for it makes sense."

"Yeah, unless you're really lucky, or want to become an art teacher, it's not a good thing."

"I'm going to have to join the military to pay for it. I know it. I don't want to. I don't want to run off and conquer some place I've never heard of."

They sat in the classroom. Chelsea took out her newspaper and began to pour over the foreclosures. "There! That's the house, but, oh no, it's 24 thousand over what I expected."

Kat looked over her shoulder. "Why that house?"

"I don't know what to do. My grandma says I'll find my clothes on the porch when I graduate." The crying girl told the sympathetic woman at the other end of the room.

"My friend used to live there. They moved. I want it for sentimental reasons. I need to call Chris."

They sat on a bench sharing a coke in a hall. A boy from one of Kat's classes walked up. "Hey, what are you two doing here?"

"Nothing, just talking."

"Oh, are you two going out?" He knew Kat was a lesbian.

"Oh yeah, sure." Kat replied sarcastically while rubbing Chelsea's leg. "Nope, we're just friends." Kat added. She wasn't sure how smart this guy was. He only laughed, and walked off. They were alone again. To Kat, it seemed that the halls were still alive with the ghosts of her past. "I wonder how many times we've walked down this hall." Chelsea was silent. Kat hated thinking so much about it. In a way, it was sad.

They were walking

"So, where are you going to college?" Kat asked

"I'm not. I'm thinking of buying a house to rent out. That's why I'm looking for a place to sit and unfold this thing."

They turned into a room. A teacher and a girl were talking. "Can we sit in here? I need a place to read this." Chelsea held the newspaper up.

"Sure, come in." The teacher said.

Kat was in the parking lot. She knew she would probably never see Chelsea again. Suddenly, she couldn't remember where she parked. Chelsea had grown up, and yet Kat didn't know anything. That A average was nothing. She was stupid. It was all she could to do but go forward.
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Written Word All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: