FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: The Magician's Compass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as they had entered the room, Gregory was more than enthralled with the maps strewn about. He had instinctively gone over to the table, still holding his bags but now focusing all of his concentration on trying to decipher the map. Cartography was not his specialty, but it wasn't hard to understand once you knew the basics. It was a map of the continent, with pinpoints for...what? Interest points? Locations of treasure?

He was just beginning to wonder how much the map was worth, when Peter shook him from his thoughts.

"Well let's have a look at it then Greg, find out whether it's just a scratch or whether someone's nigh on split your head open." said Peter.

"Oh, oh right! I doubt it's serious, I've had some nasty bumps 'fore, this 's just a scratch really. Some punk with a lead pipe."

As he spoke, he moved closer to Peter and the medicine cabinet. His eyes were, however, distant. It was fairly obvious his concentration was far away as he drew the hat off of his head and exposed a shock of bright green hair, matted with dark crimson blood. The hair was, despite the hat's best efforts, still molded into green spikes all along the scalp. Maybe at their peak in the back, an inch long, most reaching half that everywhere else.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If they've hit you hard enough for you to sprout green spikes it's probably worth having a look at anyway. Though that said it doesn't look like they've done anything dreadful." Peter said fetching some warm water from the kitchen and cleaning up the wound with a folded bit of bandage, "Don't want anything left in the wound however small it is; infection's a real mess especially if you're going to be moving around a lot." He finished cleaning the wound and swept a glob of the healing salve over it. "If you let the air get to it it should scab over itself before long anyway."

{Wow, that's possibly the worst post I've ever written, I just can't pin down what's wrong with it other than that it is though.}
- Issa
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, I'm Alia Carbury, nice to meet you. Looks like we're stuck with each other, eh?"

Lyla grinned back and triumphantly gathered final strands of hair behind her ears.

"Unfortunately for you, we are. I feel I should warn you, I am an uncivilised, cluttered pack-rat."

The captain's voice sounded so suddenly that Lyla tumbled off the bed in surprise, dimly hearing Alia yelp, "Ouch!"

Lyla swore under her breath, hearing a bit of her carefully concealed city accent surface; "Don't like bloody people bein' in 'm bloody head!" she mumbled, getting to her feet.

"Guess we better get to the navigation room. Erm...I don't suppose you know where that is?"

Lyla shrugged. "No clue, but I wanted to look around before the meeting anyways." Her eyes sparkled. "I wonder about the doors that are locked?" She yanked herself sharply back to the matter immediately at hand. "Right. Navigation room."

Bending down, she retrived two of her throwing stars from the sack and tucked them about her person. She stuffed her feet into her boots and kicked the haversack under the bed.

"Let's go!" she said brightly. "I wanted to meet the centaur anyway. Bit awkward though. M'dad had a cart horse who looked exactly like him--er...minus the human parts."

Lyla planned to haul Alia out by her arms if she happened to be reluctant. Sure, people told her she was impulsive, but life was meant to be fun, right? Who cared if people called her impulsive and flighty. Life was too short, and besides; it sounded like everyone was having all the fun up above!

((Horrid post, I'm sorry. I'm super tired but I can't put this off! I've already missed so much...))

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I totally missed your post Nem, I'm sorry!))

Gregory nodded, keeping a keen eye on the medic as he moved around. For a moment, he took the green spikes comment with a bit of a smirk. As he realized that it was not a barb aimed at his lifestyle, but rather an attempt at humor, he let the smirk spread into a more natural grin.

"If they hit me hard enough to turn my hair all green and spiked, I'd more'n likely need more than a few bandages and a kiss by me mum," he said with a shrug.

As soon as Peter was done, he shifted from his weight and tried to roll his eyes up in such a way to see the bandaging: a more than futile gesture that was likely aimed at amusing Peter more than seeing his own wound.

"I appreciate you patching me up first thing, Doc. I hate to give this kind of first impression though. I promise from here on out I'll try an' avoid getting clobbered over the head."

He offered his hand out, not recalling if he had caught the good doctor's name firsthand. The captain fellow might have mentioned it, but his memory was a bit foggy on the subject. Not being one for subtlety, he asked outright.

"I don't recall your name, or should I keep callin' you 'Doc'?" he said with a grin, still having his hand outstretched.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alia finally got used to the throbbing bump enough to answer Lyla " I happen to be one as well. . .erm. . .an uncivilized packrat I mean. and I don't mind investigating locked doors" She grinned, she'd always been getting into messes when she was younger; she was terribly curious - it just took certain people to bring it out. Alia walked to the door and went out, briefly considered the ship's layout before calling over her shoulder.
"So, if the rooms are over here, maybe the navigation room is on the other side of the ship? If not, we'll waste some time, get some air, and maybe find something interesting. What do you say?
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Doc or Peter, whatever you prefer as long as it's not mum." Peter grasped greg's hand firmly before turning to the map, "Don't mind about getting knocked around too much anyway, if you never got hurt I'd be out of a job... Talking of which; you catch anything about where we're going when you were hired?"

He flicked through some of the scrolls lying around, habitually returning them to the same place from which he took them as he read. There was something faintly comforting in the permanance of ideas given physical existence, "Most of it seems to be about some castle, presumably the same one on the map. Wonder whether it's still inhabited, people are always easier to deal with than animals."
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Doc it is, then." He shook Peter's hand with a nod, then turned his attention to the scrolls as well.

"To be honest, It didn't much matter to me where we went so long as it wasn't here."

All the same, Gregory seemed as interested in the scrolls as Peter was. He had never been much for cartography, though the basic principals were fairly easy to grasp. It was more the locations that were interesting. Like Peter, he noticed the locations marked on the map and wondered at each one.

"Animals may be tougher to deal with than people, but if we're going on a treasure hunt I doubt we'll be doing it with the living, friend."

Red Skelton
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmm... It is nothing, really. Those poles served no other function than holding up the hand-rails. They would not have broken through this easily if they were relevant for the ship's stuctural integrity.

I will have to construct new supports, of course. But that would have been necessary anyway. After all, I would not be able to perform my duties very well if I were unable to reach parts of the ship's hull."

Lycoris nodded: "Then make a note of the work you need to do and have a look at what supplies we do have. The Captain has already placed priority on departure, so I believe actual repair work will have to wait until we are underway on our journey. Once you're done taking specifications, I believe we are adjourning to the navigation room so we shall see you there."

She found it odd that she hadn't gotten a reply from Tristan, but then it had been her assumption that he had been listening in on the situation. Perhaps she'd been wrong.

Heading back up the stairs and into the sunshine, Lycoris walked across the deck and towards the navigation room to where they were meant to be convening before they set off. She knocked on the door of the navigation room, before sticking her head round the door. She was quite surprised to see the fellow who had been wearing the fedora earlier - had Tristan mentioned his name? She did not think so - bandaging up a new face. Must be the crew member that the Captain had been waiting on then...

"I do apologise lads... Am I interrupting something? Everything alright?" Lycoris asked politely, half-stepping through the door way.
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nawahqde looked back towards the suply storage. He had been meaning to gather some parts to construct a provisorial solution for his bedding, but now there wasn't any time left. So. getting settled in would likely have to wait until after the ship's departure as well...

With a small sigh, he made his way back up the stairs and followed the first mate to the navigation room.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Know what you mean, this town was getting a bit old anyway." Peter said with a grin, "Thankfully the dead don't exactly have a problem with anybody."

He took a moment to comit the rough forms on the map to memory as Lycoris came in, no telling when a man might get seperated from everyone else.

"I do apologise lads... Am I interrupting something? Everything alright?"

The girl from earlier was standing in the doorway with a centaur behind her.

"No not at all, everything's fine. We were just going over the maps and things since we'd the time." He addressed the first mate then paused for a moment as if trying to place her and the centaur, "I don't believe I've had the pleasure before now I think of it. This is my friend Greg, who I believe is taking care of the cooking for this trip. I'm Peter, ship's doctor."
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory turned to look at the newcomers. Having arrived late, he had only met Peter and the captain thus far. He sized up Lycoris for a moment, then turned to see the other new comer. Quickly, his expression changed from curiosity, to fear, to outright amazement. Doing his best to bite back an obvious comment that the man was a centaur, he offered his hand.

"Gregory Casey, at your service! I'll be cookin' the grub, and I hope you'll be eating it," he said with his best winner's smile, hand outstretched to whomever would take it first. His face had recovered it's earlier shock, and the well trained entertainer was shining through now.

Red Skelton
Ravenna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris nodded and stepped into the room fully - she was aware that the fellow with the green hair was sizing her up, but since it also appeared that he had received a nasty blow to the head, it could also be that he just couldn't make out what she was from that distance. She was vaguely aware of Nawahqde at her back, when the green-haired fellow jumped up with his hand extended.

"No not at all, everything's fine. We were just going over the maps and things since we'd the time. I don't believe I've had the pleasure before now I think of it. This is my friend Greg, who I believe is taking care of the cooking for this trip. I'm Peter, ship's doctor."

"Gregory Casey, at your service! I'll be cookin' the grub, and I hope you'll be eating it."

"I see," Lycoris replied, accepting Gregory's hand and returning with a firm handshake and smiling. "I am Lycoris, and I be serving as First Mate aboard the Rachel and it is good to meet you both, Peter, Gregory."

She stepped out of the way so that Nawahqde could make his own introduction to their seemingly excitable cook, and approached the map table, surveying it to see if she could see anywhere that she recognised. Certainly places had been marked out on the map.

Glancing up from the maps, she examined the crew members who were gathering in the navigation room. If she was remembering correctly, they were only now waiting on the two girls, Alia and Lyla. She found it highly odd that one crew member arrived late and with a head injury... But the Captain wouldn't have let him aboard if he believed him to present any kind of danger. But then she was feeling a little curious, and that was not contradictory in the least to her stance with Nawahqde's earlier questioning. No, no, nope, not in the least.

"Is everything alright?" she asked Peter quietly, and inclining her head slightly towards Gregory. "I didn't think the medical officer would get called to duty so quickly. I take it your settling in has gone well thus far."
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I happen to be one as well. . .erm. . .an uncivilized packrat I mean. and I don't mind investigating locked doors. So, if the rooms are over here, maybe the navigation room is on the other side of the ship? If not, we'll waste some time, get some air, and maybe find something interesting. What do you say?"

"I say you are obviously a brilliant individual and we should get along very well." Lyla grinned and checked one more time to make sure she had everything. "Right." She strode off to the door and tripped over her own feet. Sighing, she bent down, tied her laces and tried again.

"Onward!" she cried, and with her usual extravagance, threw the door open and proceeded to the navigation room, this time without falling, and as an added bonus, without getting lost or sidetracked. Quite a feat.

She thought Alia had followed her, but wasn't sure. Either way, she felt her eyebrow--the left one, to be exact--crawl up her forehead as she entered the navigation room. Interesting looking folks, these. There was the petite woman who was the first mate, Lycoris, and the massive centaur who reminded her of Dad's cart-horse. There was a wiry man who could only be the vessel's physician, and a man with spiky green hair. Ooh, pretty.

Lyla decided she liked the hair.

Her bright eyes focused one several things instantly; the room's occupants and the maps on the table. She may not be able to remember her brothers' names on occasion, but she never forgot a face or something that she actually deemed necessary.

"Hello!" she announced, and walked cheerfully through the doorway. "Well met!" she extended a calloused palm towards the green-haired fellow and the doctor. "Lyla Davidson. It's a pleasure."

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alia found her roommate's actions amusing, and agreed that they would indeed get along very well. She followed Lyla down the hallway and around the ship. To her surprise, they found the Navigation room immediately - which was probably a good thing, as everyone was already there. She wasn't much of a character study, and so didn't give any of the other crew more than a cursory glance before being seated.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Edited when it was brought to my attention that I need to pay more attention. Oi, sorry, I fail at life >.<))

He returned Lycoris' handshake with a smile, glancing from her face to her hair. She had interesting hair, which was not something he could say much about. Given that his hair was in short spikes, the color of algae, he couldn't really complain. Not that he would complain, either. The blue looked rather stunning matched with her outfit.

"You're the First Mate? Oh, man, and our first meeting you walk in on the Doc' patchin' up a head wound. I hope I can make it up to ya, though."

Gregory's attention was drawn away from his original target by a bright eyed young woman with dark hair. She had green eyes, much like many of his extended family. Her hair matched the part, though maybe he had stared a moment too long before remembering to play the entertainer. After taking another moment to size up this recent addition to the bridge, he grasped her hand in his and waited for her grip to lead his own in grip.

"Pleasure's all mine, miss Lyla Davidson. The name is Gregory Casey," he said with a slightly more normal, genuine smile.

Red Skelton
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: