FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: The Magician's Compass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Maeniel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That should be it," Tristan said, intrigued by Ly's flirting. "You guys can go ahead and get settled. We'll have a meeting in two moments ((about half an hour)) with all the crew that's showed up. If the rest doesn't come, then we'll have to leave them behind. I'll be up by my cabin at the stern of the ship if you need me."

The deck was completely clear and wide. The sails were pulled up, and the ship rocked slowly in the water. The sun glistened on a clean deck.

In the middle of the deck was a wooden structure that was large and rectangular in nature. It had a slightly sloped roof to let off water. There were five doors, two face the bow of the ship and three facing the stern. Two windows faced each side of the structure. These would be the rooms that the crew would be staying in.

The middle door would lead to a flight of stairs leading to the hold. There would be several doors in this hallway; the closest four contain living arrangements and the next two would have extra materials; the room to the left would have foodstuffs while the room to the right would have tools and building materials like extra canvas, timber, etc. The rest of the doors would be locked.

Every room with a living arrangement would be a small 15ft by 13ft space that contained two twin beds, two desks, and two dressers. The two single rooms would have one of every item; these single rooms would be the two that faced the bow on the deck. Each room would be able to be decorated and arranged however the residents liked, but Tristan would have something to say if holes or other permanent fixtures were put into place...
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That should be it," Tristan was saying absently, his mind obviously on something else. "You guys can go ahead and get settled. We'll have a meeting in two moments with all the crew that's showed up. If the rest doesn't come, then we'll have to leave them behind. I'll be up by my cabin at the stern of the ship if you need me."

Lyla needed no further urging. Without checking to see if she was being followed, the girl walked onto the deck, which was wide and gleaming in the sun. Although she had never been on an ship like this before, she already liked it. It had character.

She walked confidently towards the large, well-made wooden hutch in the centre of the deck. This was where the rooms were and also where she paused. She was known to be a bit impetuous, she knew, but she didn't feel like offending anyone so early on in their voyage. Feeling slightly cheated, Lyla halted to wait for the other members of the crew, to see what rooms they would have.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Ravenna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Very well then - in half an hour. If I am required for assistance and such matters, I shall be installing myself in my new quarters," Lycoris said with a straight face, nodding her head towards the new crew mates.

She decided it would be better for them to indulge in idle chit-chat once they were settled. Though it seemed like Tristan was all for irreverant banter. Hmmm.

Stretching and flexing her fingers, she tapped the top of her trunk and it began to levitate once more. She made her way towards the single roomed quarters, her trunk following her, though it swayed a little from side to side, and went into the single room on the left-hand side, closing the door behind her. Seeing as they were reputedly all the same, it would not make too much difference in the long run. She let go her powers and let her trunk thump to the floor.

'Ahhhh... a comfortable place at last. It's a bit on the spartan side, but it's clean,' Lycoris thought to herself, flopping back on her bed. 'Still have to put down covers. Urgh, the weather is warm and sticky here. I hope the voyage takes us somewhere a little cooler.'

Lycoris sat up and undid the top two buttons on her shirt before standing - not that it would make her dramatically cooler, but it was a start. She went back to her large trunk and began to sort through it. The trunk contained quite a bit of her winter clothing and fur-lined coats for rougher weather, which she began to sort away into her dresser.

The whole process of basic unpacking probably would not take her much longer than ten minutes. If any other crew members had a question for the First Mate, or needed to ask her do do heavy-lifting or just wanted to chat, they could feel free to knock on her door. Otherwise, she would probably re-surface to the deck in around 10 minutes time and look to check up on the rest of the crew then.
JackAce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Lycoris make her way towards the starboard cabin, Nawahqde headed for the port side. There was no point in argueing over cabin choices. a) Both cabins were supposedly identical, and b) technically Lycoris outranked him, so he'd let her have her choice.

Stepping into his room, he took stock of the furnishings present. He was a little surprized to find a regular bed in stead of a pre-installed cot. For the human crew members this difference would probably serve to make their stay on board more comfortable. For him, it was all but useless.

He heaved the matress out of the bedframe and placed it on the floor. Then he stepped on it and proceeded to fold in his legs underneath him. Finally a place to lie down. But he wouldn't be able to sleep like this, so he'd have to get some sort of centaur-size sleeping arrangement installed before nightfall today!

Nawahqde surveyed the empty bedframe. The basic frame, he'd be able to use. He'd just have to remove the legs andd the head and foot ends, and mount the frame on the wall at an angle. Then he'd need to find some kind of padding material to lay out on the floor. He'd have to ask the kapitan about this.

But first things first. He undid his saddle bags and placed them on the now empty bed frame. After some rummaging about, he produced a large file, a hammer and nails and a set of brass horseshoes. Turning his upper body around, he started to clean his hooves of dirt and little stones and set to filing down their undersides until the horseshoes fit flat against them. Then he placed the shoes under his hooves and nailed them down fast.

This was better. Now he'd be able to walk around the wooden decks of the ship without turning his hooves to mush.

Giving his legs a few more minutes to rest, he finally rose from his makeshift bedding and turned back to the door. He had things to do and people to talk to. Starting with his next door neighbor.

Stepping back out onto the deck, he turned left and went to knock on the other door at the forward end of the deck house.

"Miss Lycoris, Ma'am? I think we need to talk..."

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Nawahqde knocked on Lycoris' door, she was just finishing folding away the last of her clothes that she thought needed to be put in the dresser. The fur-lined coats had been a bit bulky and awkward, but if they didn't come in useful in any cold areas, she might use one as a blanket.

"Miss Lycoris, Ma'am? I think we need to talk..."

"Just a moment."

Lycoris quickly shifted the now much-lighter truck to the end of her bed, before answering the door. She opened it to find Nawahqde standing there.

"Ah yes, Nawahqde, how can I help? Am I to assume this is about rearranging your quarters?" she asked politely, still half standing behind the door.
Nem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Left or right, you may as well take your pick." Peter said walking past Lyla into the lefthand room, "'s all the same anyway." He deposited his haversack in the leeside of the dresser, slid the trunk away under the bed and declared to himself that unpacking was to all intents and purposes now finished.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alia had been silent through out most of the greetings, simply nodding whenever she was spoken too. She had been studying her crew-mates a bit. They were certainly a varied group, but all seemed amiable at least - that was something to be thankful for. At Tristan's absent minded suggestion, she moved onto the actual ship, admiring it. She was standing on an antique - given a well kept one. She spotted her own trunk among those stacked on deck, which had been an interesting effort on Lycoris' part, she was looking forward to seeing what the crews other talents were. Her trunk was near the bottom of the stack, so she would get it later.

She ducked inside the hold door and clomped down the stairs. "Left or right, you may as well take your pick. 'S all the same anyway." one of the crew members said as he walked into the left-handed door. The girl who'd arrived directly after her was standing in the hall, looking indecisive. Alia shot a glance at the left room and ducked into the right-hand one. She preferred not having to share a room with a member of the opposite sex. In the room, she immediately chose the right bunk and flopped down on it.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seemed as though everyone else had gone to their rooms, and Lyla would be sharing with the other girl. There were only four rooms. Sighing at the necessity of bunking with a complete stranger, Lyla trotted lightly down the stairs, her well-worn boots barely making a sound. She greatly admired the ship already, and was feeling smug that she had succeeded in finally securing a position in which she could shake the dust of Lisaia from her boots forever.

The girl she was sharing a room with was flopped over the right bunk. After close scruitny, Lyla decided she liked her. With her typical unconcern, Lyla walked into the cabin and flopped down over the other bunk, her haversack clattering at her feet.

"Lyla Davidson, by the way. I may have introduced myself to Captain Tristan, but not to you. It's Alia, right?"

The tie confining her thick chocolate hair decided it had borne enough and popped, sending her hair everywhere at once. Lyla swore under her breath and gathered it up at the back of her head. One-handed, she dug in her haversack until she fould a tie and some pins. She proceeded to wrestle her hair into some order, but not before attacking it with a brush.

"Sorry." she muttered, to no one in particular, and kicked off her boots.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
JackAce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah yes, Nawahqde, how can I help? Am I to assume this is about rearranging your quarters?"

"Actually, no. I expect I will have to discuss that issue with the kapitan first."

Nawahqde remained standing in the door frame, blocking the passage with the bulk of his body.

"What I wished to speak about is you. When I signed up for this position, I was made to understand that the complement of the crew would be rather ... unusual, due to the special nature of our voyage. But still I must admid I did not expect to find a pirate serving as the first mate on board!

Is this a little detail the kapitan failed to mention? Or is it you who failed to mention it to the kapitan?"

Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris affixed Nawahqde with an extremely bored look. So this is what he had needed to discuss. A veiled threat, how... original of him to think of that. But, rather than switch to full-on scathing, she decided to take a different path. It was too early in the day for this kind of nonsense.

She shrugged her shoulders and looked him straight in the eye, despite the height difference.

"Oh. So that's all that's worrying you. I see... Perhaps I should make myself clear too.

"Captain Hudson knows me personally and has done for some time, in the same way his family knows mine. He trusts me – so if you do not trust your Captain’s decisions, I fail to see how it is my problem. The only problem I see is yours. Please, by all means, go to him and ask him when you request materials and help with your project. I am curious to see what the result will be,” she replied.

“Please do not waste my time with this – I offered you no violence or offence. You may believe you have some knowledge on what I am, but you do not know who I am.”
JackAce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Please do not waste my time with this – I offered you no violence or offence. You may believe you have some knowledge on what I am, but you do not know who I am.”

"You are correct. I do not know how you are. That is why I came to talk to you in the first place.

Please do not misinterpret my intentions. It is not confrontation that I seek, but an explanation.

I have some experience with the pirate clans, both from my time in the south lands and from my sailing years, and none of it is very good experience. But as I said earlier you obviously left your clan, otherwise you would not be here on your own.

You say the kapitan knows about your past. That is easy enough to verify. But I saw no need to waste his time when I could get answers from you directly."

Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris raised an eyebrow, slightly flabbergasted. Why in the Deepest Abyss was this sort of information so necessary to him? She knew nothing of him, and it was none of his business. And while he was completely in the wrong on several counts, she just wanted rid of him at this point. He had just proved himself unworthy of any information in any case.

"Do not make me repeat myself then. I am here at Tristan's behest, and that is all the information you shall ever require about me," Lycoris said, finding this line of questioning presumptuous in the extreme.

"Your knowledge and experience of pirates appears to me to be far, far less than you would presume to make out, otherwise we would not be having this discussion. It is not your place to ask these questions, since I would not discuss intimate life details with someone I hardly know but 10 minutes after meeting them. Thus I shall request you leave now and return to your duties, if this is the only subject matter that you are seeking to discuss, as I myself have duties to attend to."
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan paced the deck uneasily. Their cook was missing. Missing cook meant uncooked food. Uncooked food meant hungry Tristan. Tristan didn't like a hungry Tristan. He sighed, thinking about how stale toast ferments uniquely.

He needed to talk to Lycoris about this...and perhaps Peter. Peter had said he had many talents in their interview.

Projecting his hearing onto Lycoris and Peter in turn, he said, "I need to talk to you. I'll be on deck near the stern."

To the rest of them, he projected his hearing to one person at a time and told them, "I hope you're almost done getting settled! Once you're finished, I'd appreciate it if you could please make your way to the navigation room at the bow in a few instants. Thanks!"

Tristan let his hearing snap back to himself and continued to pace the deck. This wouldn't do at all. Of course, he should have known that the great Max Maguire would be fashionably late (most famous people were. Not that there were many famous people in Serge. Infrastructure was, unfortunately, not the best.) but Tristan was used to timeliness. He considered once more looking through the eyes of seagulls to find him, but decided against it.
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thus I shall request you leave now and return to your duties, if this is the only subject matter that you are seeking to discuss, as I myself have duties to attend to."

Nawahqde frowned, obviously not satisfied by this answer. Nevertheless, he took a step backwards and raised his hand to his head for a stiff salute.

"Aye aye ... Ma'am."

He heard Tristan's voice speak to him and turned around, expecting to find the kapitan standing behind him. Damn; this business with Lycoris had captured so much of his attention that he hadn't heard the man walking up to them... To his great surprise, the kapitan was nowhere to be seen.

Confused, Nawahqde started walking around the deck house and finally found the kapitan pacing to and fro on the main deck. Was this one the humans' crazy powers again? Was the kapitan perhaps a teleporter?

"Eh... excuse me, kapitan? Have you just been talking to me ... over there..?"

Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan smiled at the giant centaur. Well, he ammended, not giant centaur. Large and massive, but definitely not part-giant.

"Indeed I did, Nawahqde! That's my talent: I can project my senses onto others, and likewise 'borrow' them. It's useful for running a ship. Nothing gets past my eyes," Tristan said. "Are you done getting settled?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: