FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Allicat

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mum's a physio and she says there will be an underlying problem which needs treatment. Rather than go to your GP who will likely give you painkillers or more muscle relaxants you might be better off seeking out a physiotherapist/osteopath/chiropractor who can identify the cause of your spasm and treat it that way.

Mum also says that if you can do some self-analysis before you go it will speed up diagnosis:
-Where is the pain? If the pain is around your kidneys it might be that you have an infection, which leads on to...
-Is any other symptom coincidental with a spasm? Fever, inflammation, pain in other areas like your head and neck?
-Can you identify what you're doing to trigger a spasm? (A diary might be helpful here. Have you driven/studied/exercised a lot just before you start to hurt?)

You might even be able to self-diagnose from that and avoid whatever is causing it. I hope this all helps!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very helpful, actually, thanks!
I had a few tests done when I went to see the doctor and we were able to determine that it wasn't kidney problems--so at least there's that.
I've been thinking about a Chiropractor, honestly, but I am not looking forward to having that conversation with my parents. They don't approve of them.

Sorry if I've been complaining guys. The back thing on top of the eye thing (which we're still trying to figure out) is just freaking me out. Kinda feel like I'm falling apart.

Today was one of those days at work where I wondered if we were actually on TV. I guess even medical dramas had to be based on fact.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoga! Got an amazing rhythm today, AND I feel like I made a breakthrough regarding flexibility. I was able to stretch my legs straighter than before, and hold positions longer. I was finally able to straighten my legs completely while touching the floor! We also did arabesques, and I had no trouble with them at all. So happy!

And I did laundry. And I watched Newsies.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the chiropractor thing Nu, but honestly whatever helps! My folks are both healthcare professionals but pretty open minded when it comes to stuff like that. They both do yoga and believe in complementary medicine up to and including meditation for the treatment of everything from anxiety to diabetes! Not everyone is the same, and I can totally understand it. If you can't give me empirical evidence I'm a skeptic. Having said that, I refer to my earlier point; if it works for you, do it!

Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alli ^___^

Today is my first day at my internship. I'm really hoping this works out well!
Nem

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Best of luck Nu! I hope you have a great time and learn lots of interesting stuff ^___^
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first day of my internship went something like this:
Editor: "Did you read today's paper?"
Me: "Er, well, no . . ."
Editor: "How about Sunday's?"
Me: "Well I worked, so . . . no."

He found copies of both papers, plopped me down in a chair, and said, "Read." He also pulled up the website and had me look at that. I read the newspaper for three hours.

And then I sat around for two hours waiting to tag along to an interview. Which was fun. ^___^

Right before I left for the day the Editor said he had some story ideas for me. So I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be the scary day.
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like fun!

Today is another day of revision for me. Woo. It's also the hottest May on record for northern Norway, with temperatures up to 20 celcius (68 Farenheit). I know that doesn't sound much, but for the arctic circle that is extreme temperatures. Also I hate being too hot. I really don't do well above 15 celcius (59 Farenheit).

On the plus side, we're approaching the midnight sun, so my energy levels are through the roof!

Nem

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fairly cool boss, nu ^_^

----

Today a bird crapped on my head. >_< In the years to come, when I have built a robot super-race, I will remember this slight. No bird shall be safe.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I arrived in the newsroom ten minutes early. My editor looked at the clock and said, "If you'd been here 20 minutes ago you could have tagged along on a meth-lab bust." Sigh.

Today I did get to do exciting things! Some renters had lodged a very long and very serious list of complaints against their landlord, so I shadowed the reporter going to check that out. Which was a good trip. We got to help people. ^___^

On our way back we got called to go cover a really bad wreck, and I did my first face-to-face interview.

Today I was given a story assignment, but the person I was supposed to interview never answered their phone, so that's scratched.
Nem

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting people to follow up can be a bit of a pain :/ at least if the experiences I've had have been typical. I suspect that's the main reason for face to face really.

Still out sounds like you're having a good time do keep us posted. ^_^

Today I discovered why there were loads of police outside the nearby army base a couple of days back. Was happier not knowing actually. Because that's totally going to get us out of Afghanistan. Rolling Eyes

Today I did a fair bit of driving. Also looked at a tablet I'm considering buying.

Today was strangely energetic for a couple of hours and then completely wiped out.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did my first assignment! I covered a press conference on boating safety, and they gave us a free boat ride. The story turned out ok, not bad for my first time around. ^__^

Today I got the first sunburn of the year. And it was cloudy out.

I know, I know, it's perfectly possible to get sunburnt when it's cloudy. But still.

Last edited by Tinu. on Fri May 24, 2013 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past few days have been nice. A bit hectic, but nice. Tutoring and Research Assisting, mainly. Some dear friends of mine made Aliyah yesterday morning on a 7am flight, so I went to greet them with a sign and balloons. A seminary from Jerusalem also showed up with flags and signs to sing and greet the immigrants. It was wonderful... except that they didn't leave the airport until 10:30. I was nearly late to work. And because I was spending time making the banner (oh, and holding a planning meeting for a small awards gala), I didn't actually ever sit down at my computer for two whole days. During which time my professor sent increasingly urgent emails asking me to call him, none of which I saw until last night. I wish he'd called me.

Oh well. Today I tutor, and then I go to the Moshav for shabbat! Looking forward to it.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Nem

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should let your prof know you often go significant time from your computer, Asa? Then he'd know you wouldn't think it pushy if he called you ^^;

@ nu' Ah yes, sunlight - it's that area on the edge of the map near dragons isn't it?

^_^'

So, does that mean something of yours is published in a paper (or on the interweb) now?

#

Today I yielded to the inevitable and got a tablet. What can I say? They're very nice for reading on and showing other people things on. And most of the emails I send are along the lines of very short messages. I noticed how useful my phone was the other day when someone was all 'Do you have a copy of your CV?' and I could just go - yeah, what's your email address?

So, yeah, that's probably going to be my big indulgence this year. =p

I am rather shocked at some of the disparities in price. Even between the same make of tablet a shop at one end of the street can have it for 100 less. Paying 100 for an extra 16 gig of space or a 3g radio seems a bit of a duffer's affair too - get one with a microSD slot.

Anyhoo, yeah.

Also been feeling significantly better since I started taking multi-vitamins. I wonder whether there's something missing out of my mother's cooking. I don't know, been feeling happier lately anyway.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be that your mother's cooking is necessarily lacking or unhealthy--it just might not contain all of the vitamins you need.

Nem wrote:

So, does that mean something of yours is published in a paper (or on the interweb) now?

Yes it does. ^___^
A few short things I've written for the center made it into the paper on rare occasions, but it's different having an article. Journalism is very different from PR, and it's nice to have passed that milestone. ^^

Today my boss (for the hospital) made me drive an hour for a 15 minute meeting. -____-

Today is bright and sunny and beautiful and I dragged a towel outside and read in my backyard with my cat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 60 of 67

Jump to: