FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like when something of this magnitude happens it's time to take a look and see how that person was treated by others--not at their mental health history. You wouldn't believe how many problems start from not treating people like decent human beings.

Today, worried about a friend who was supposed to go visit her friend today, who is in the hospital. Several hundred miles away.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good things that have happened this week:

~Went on a rescue mission on Sunday. Drove two hours up north to rescue a mother pit bull with a severely broken leg and seven month-old puppies from an active construction site. THEY ARE ADORABLE. Here are facebook pictures, if you can see them. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152338496335392.942264.634450391&type=1

(There's also some really gory pictures of the emergency surgery to fix the mother's leg, but I don't think those will be as popular.)

~My little friend Lishka spent the night with me again, after I walked past her house at 9pm and she was still outside. I've never kept her in my apartment against her will - she follows me home I leave the gate and the door open while she visits me, and this time she ended up falling asleep under my quilt instead of disappearing. I closed the door then, and she woke up with me at 6:30. ^_^ (Lishka's a dog, in case you don't remember my previous posts about her)

~Relatedly, I was warm last night! It really does help to have another body in bed with you when your apartment is a massive heat-sink like mine.

~Vented to a classmate after my seminar class, who sympathized with me. Didn't help, in that I didn't really feel better (just more of the same, you know?), but it did help to know that someone else thinks I'm not being completely unreasonable (which is how I feel most of the time, even though I know that's unreasonable).

~Most of my classes today are cancelled, so instead of working straight through from 8am to 11pm, I had one class this morning, a surprise voice lesson this afternoon, and just rehearsal this evening. AND, as a bonus, I worked a little bit on my presentation for next week which I was supposed to give last week, but my professor is graciously giving me more time.

~Finally brought my bank balance back online.

~Going to a yishuv up north for Shabbos.

~Another mitzvah (good deed): Since I'm going away for shabbos, I'm lending my apartment to be used by four boys coming to spend shabbos here. I will be closing everything into my closet and taping the door shut and trusting them not to pry... ^_^;

And the week's not over yet!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today things are much the same. Been working a lot. They left me completely on my own for a little bit yesterday. I didn't die and no one else died and I didn't get yelled at, so that's good.

I think I underestimated the amount of work my Winter term class would be. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it in time. Still, learning about the Civil Rights movement (finally) is fun. ^^

Today is my last day of work, and then I get a two day break. ^__^
Maybe I'll get some cleaning done--or more homework.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I'm off to see the Hobbit!

And I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas if I don't get back on before then! Very Happy
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I pop in to wish everybody a Merry Christmas!

And now I'd better go because I have about a hundred other things to do before this evening. *Rushes away*
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Christmas everyone!

Today I drop in. ^_^ Haven't been around much for a while what with one thing and another. Been a bit busy with this work experience stuff. Still, yes. Happy Christmas all! ^___^
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it! ^__^
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late to the party, but...
Merry Christmas, everyone! May your coming year be an amazing one, fantastic and fulfilling in every way. May the coming days bring you peace, and may your time be filled with good food, good company, and the moments which will become good memories. This extends, of course, to all other holidays. I just wish every one of you happiness.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Christmas if you celebrate it, and if you don't, I hope your day was full of happiness and good things anyway.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother is here for a three-week visit! ^________________^

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I muse that what looks nice printed and what looks nice on screen are dramatically different. And I'd really like higher resolution monitors so that I could have decent typography on screen. Take Georgia for instance: On screen it looks very cramped - especially those commas, absolutely awful. But when you print it the commas are actually rather nice, full-bodied things.

Georgia is what I use in all my formal letters. You stick it at 1.5 line spacing, print it on a nice crisp white paper.

Talking of formal letters: Why does office software make it such a chore to layout frames properly these days? I want a field on the upper right with my address in it, a field a little down from that with their address on it. I can eyeball it but ideally I want it to be perfectly 2cm from either margin and to occupy a third of the page on either hand with the one on the left two lines lower than the one on the right....

Which I can do easily enough with tables, but that's not what tables are really for. If you're using tables to layout your document then that creates a document that's very hard to modify structurally given the tools for moving tables around and deleting them and so on tend to be awful to say the least.

Uh - ^^;

The best office software I've found to date has been Correl's WordPerfect.

Today I spent an entire afternoon writing a formal letter to the employers of a company that keeps advertising to me really rudely on behalf of another company. I've found the address of their boss, so to speak Twisted Evil
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was my last day of training.

Tomorrow night is my first solo shift. Eep.
Asa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Nu! I think you'll do GREAT. ^_^

Or will have done great? Curse the seven-hour time difference!

Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work went well. Made a few silly mistakes, got asked a question or two that I had no idea how to begin to answer, woke up my first doctor in the middle of the night (I had to call the same guy twice, poor man), got chastised by the president of the hospital for one of my silly mistakes . . . Sigh.

But it went well. I'd been told that on 3rd shift I should only have around one page of documentation, because there are so few calls. I had four pages by the end of the night. That's quite a bit, in case you're wondering. u_____u

Today I'm going to see Les Mis with my family. I'm really excited about it--and to make things better, the show is coming to the city in the summer, so I can see the actual production! ^______________^
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I went to see Les Mis - and I was a very disappointed with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe, but literally everything else was great. It's just a shame they had two of the most major characters. =\

I did see the Hobbit a couple days ago, and I loved it!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 46 of 67

Jump to: