FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Archeology RPG Character Invitations/Biographies

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Archeology RPG Character Invitations/Biographies Reply with quote

GM : You receive this message one Saturday evening, sent just after sunset in Greece:

Opening Global Mail Client...
from . . . .. . . . Alexander Palaiakos <alexpalaiakos@sad.uspw.org>
sender-time .. Sent at 18:01 (UTC). Current time there: 21:01 (UTC +03:00)
to . . . . .. . . . . saacandidatelist@uspw.org
subject . . . . .. [URGENT] Special Archeology Assignment
mailed-by . . . . uspw.org

..- ... .--. .-- You have been selected as one of many possible candidates for a Special

Archeology Assignment. As listed in the USPW Bylaws, these assignments must be

kept private from any and all media access. This is a rare opportunity, and only

a handful of candidates have been selected for this assignment.

..- ... .--. .-- Please reply with vital statistics and an updated resume, following the

format listed below. Your USPW registration numbers will not be required on this

form, as all those selected for this special assignment will be given new

SAA ID numbers for this mission.

Vitals
Name: [Any]
Current Age: [###]
Spoken Language(s): [List]
Field(s) of Study: [List]
Position Applied For: [Ship/Ground Crew, Scientist, etc]

Physicals
Height: [### in/cm]
Weight: [### lbs/kg]
Medical Conditions or Special Considerations: [List]

Other
Please list any special considerations and accommodations that will need to be made based upon your acceptance to the assignment. As per USPW Code, all crew will be accommodated for equally.

Alexander Palaiakos
United Scientific Projects of the World
Special Assignments Division

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton

Last edited by Tenshi on Sun May 09, 2010 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta question. This application doesn't really specify what position we're applying for - how will we know what we're signing up for? Are we expected to have a job on the space ship over to the site as well? What skill sets are you really looking for?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Gotta question. This application doesn't really specify what position we're applying for - how will we know what we're signing up for? Are we expected to have a job on the space ship over to the site as well? What skill sets are you really looking for?

My apologies. The "Field(s) of Study" was essentially the "position applied for". I'll go back and add that to the resume, since it actually is a far more elegant solution to a problem I was contemplating at work. Instead of having the pilot being an Aeronautics Expert, why not just apply for pilot? Same for all the other roles.

Also, this won't be like Bering. The goal is to bring Scientists, and so many of those people are expected to have no (or little) ability to pilot the space ship. If someone wants to take on the space ship pilot role, then that's perfectly fine. Otherwise, it'll just be an NPC's duty. ^_^

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Nem

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from . . . .. . . . Sarah Wright <s.wright.36@lds.ac.uk>
sender-time .. Sent at 20:48 (UTC).
to . . . . .. . . . . Alexander Palaiakos <alexpalaiakos@sad.uspw.org>
subject . . . . .. Sarah Wright | RE: [URGENT] Special Archeology Assignment
mailed-by . . . . lds.ac.uk

Dear Mr Palaiakos,

. .. . . . Pursuant to your recent inquiry entitled 'Special Archeology Assignment,' please find attached my general CV and (in body text) the personal information you have requested.

Vitals
Name: Sarah Louise Wright
Current Age: 34
Spoken Language(s): English, French.
Field(s) of Study: History, Mental Philosophy (AOC: Continental rationalism/ethics, esp Derrida, Leibniz, Malebranche. Construction of the state. Post-military societies.)

Physicals
Height: 59.3 in
Weight: 104 lbs
Medical Conditions or Special Considerations: N/A

Other
N/A

Yours sincerely
Sarah Wright

Attached
'Resume updated' 11kb.doc

-----

S.Wright | +447882445480 | s.wright.36@lds.ac.uk

-----

Recent positions:

Lecturer in Metaphysics and Ontology | University of Kent
This position allowed me to aid those seeking an undergraduate degree in Philosophy. It involved the creation of mixed-media presentations, assignment and assessment of group work, and allowed me to liaise with other departments on long term project goals. During this time I received a research grant to investigate the role of impossible worlds in special frames of reference.

Professor of History | Ecole Normale Supérieure
This was a joint research and teaching post in which I was able to continue upon my earlier work into special frames of reference. It also presented the opportunity to pursue research into political and social history in order to inform an evolutionary theory of morality as cultural technology; an area with which the majority of my teaching during this time was concerned.

Selected papers:
“Why Egalitarians are So Rich: Morality as technology.”

“Your Head Asplode 'XD' : Violence and construction of meaning in post-modern mythology.”

“Water in The Desert: Planetary ecology; a resource study.”

“The Evolution of The Boom-Stick: Weaponry as a Reciprocal Expression of Culture.”

Qualifications:
Ph.D History (Oxford)
MA History (University of Paris IV-Sorbonne)
MA Mental Philosophy (University of St Andrews)
BA History (University of Dundee)
- Issa
Ravenna

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from . . . .. . . . ally.bally @momoco.ne.jp
sender-time .. Sent at 07:45 (UTC). Current time there: unknown
to . . . . .. . . . . Alexander Palaiakos <alexpalaiakos@sad.uspw.org>;
subject . . . . .. RE : [URGENT] Special Archeology Assignment
mailed-by . . . . domoco.ne.jp

Dear Alexander Palaiakos,

I am delighted to be able to accept candidacy with the ‘Special Archaeology Assignment’. Please find attached at the bottom of this email my updated resume, though do feel free to contact me should you require further materials.

Most of my practical experience in my field is in the corporate sector, but I am working on a new exo-planetary based thesis for my doctorate that I hope will be interesting to your institute!

I will be departing from the Ross-Tanakadate Ice Station on the next shuttle out, which should be within in the next 48 hours.

Yours sincerely,
Alice Carlisle.

Vitals
Name: Alice Carlisle
Current Age: 27
Spoken Language(s): English, French, Japanese
Field(s) of Study: Psychology (with Major in Religion/Societal Mutation), East Asian Studies (with Major in Japanese Studies)
Position Applied For: Psychological Evaluator

Physicals
Height: 5ft 8ins
Weight: 78 kg
Medical Conditions or Special Considerations: None as of writing

Other
Please list any special considerations and accommodations that will need to be made based upon your acceptance to the assignment. As per USPW Code, all crew will be accommodated for equally.

- May need to send semi-regular reports to the Kawada Institute as part of my current thesis.

Updated Resume:

Current/Last Position: Yutani-Weyland Corporation, Junior to Senior Psychological Evaluator, Ross-Tanakadate Ice Station.
Time Spent In This Position: 4 months
Reference from Carter Burke available

Previous Position: WilPharma, Psychological Evaluator, Bio-medical Division, Arklay Mountains Research Facility.
Time Spent In This Position: 11 Months
Reference from Frederic Downing available

Previous Position: Research Assistant to Dr Tamaki Ouran, Imperial University
Time Spent in This Position: During the course of my MA, I assisted Dr Ouran in collecting data

Education:

- Kawada Institute - Waseda University, Tokyo – Doctorate (Currently Working Towards This Qualification)
- Busan Women’s University, Busan – East Asian Studies (Major – Japanese), MA
- Imperial University, Tokyo – Special Exchange Programme
- University of Cardiff, Cardiff Wales – Psychology, BA
- Abingdon Grammar School – 3As at A Level in Sociology, French, English (Literature)

Previous Papers:

-(Current Thesis) Rabbit in the Moon: How Exo-Planetary Cultural Paradigm Shifts Affected The Homelands
-Jonny’s Conglomerate: How Pretty Boys Took Over Asia After The Techno-Shockwave
-Rainbow Brotherhood: East Asia’s New Masculinity (Written under Dr Tamaki Ouran, included in his book “The Changing Face of Genji”)

Activities and Hobbies:

- Was a member of Rock and Pops Club during time at both Imperial and Busan Women’s
- Swimming
- Was a member of Debate Team at Abingdon Grammar School
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from . . . .. . . . Naomi Burns <nburns819@utah.edu>
sender-time .. Sent at 00:36 (UTC). Current time there: 17:36 (UTC -07:00)
to . . . . .. . . . . alexpalaiakos@sad.uspw.org
subject . . . . .. Re: Fwd: [URGENT] Special Archeology Assignment
mailed-by . . . .Utah.edu

Dear Dr. Palaiakos,

I heard about this opportunity from Professor Kouris at the University of Utah. He received your invitation to join the project and passed it along to me, as I expressed interest in joining an anthropological or archeological project of a scope even greater than those offered at the university. In the past few decades, advances in the field of archeology have been led by the vanguard at the Range Creek site, and I have had the great fortune to work under Professor Kouris’s tutelage. Though my main degree is in Linguistics, I have also completed a secondary major in archeology focusing on Range Creek, and I am considering a Masters degree in that field. As I have recently graduated from the University of Utah and am looking for a pre-graduate school position, this comes at the perfect time. Attached please find the information you requested.

Yours sincerely,

Naomi Burns

Vitals
Name: Naomi Burns
Current Age: 22
Spoken Language(s): English
Field(s) of Study: Linguistics/Archeology Major, University of Utah
Position Applied For: Intern/Assistant

Physicals
Height: 5ft 8 in
Weight: 123 lbs
Medical Conditions or Special Considerations: allergic to tobacco

Other
none

Education
University of Utah – Linguistics, BA; Archeology, BA – QPA: 3.82
- a capella choir
- University marksmanship club

Riverton High School – GPA: 3.67
- Choir
- 4H
- FFA

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from . . . .. . . . finn.on@ mun.ca
sender-time .. Sent at 22:24 (UTC).
to . . . . .. . . . . Alexander Palaiakos <alexpalaiakos@sad.uspw.org>;
subject . . . . .. RE : [URGENT] Special Archeology Assignment

Dear Alexander Palaiakos,

I'm pleased to accept the offered position for the Special Archeology Assignment. Please find attached the information you requested,

Cheers,
Finndabhair O'Neill

~~~~~~~

Vitals
Name: Finndabhair O'Neill
Current Age: 33
Spoken Language(s): English, some French.
Field(s) of Study: Biodiversity, Community Ecology, Parasitology and Marine Biology.
Position Applied For: Scientist - Specifically to study biodiversity and community ecology

Physicals
Height: 183cm
Weight: 190lbs
Medical Conditions or Special Considerations: artificial right hand

Other

Updated resume

Current Position: Full Professor in the Biology department of Memorial University of Newfoundland. Currently conducting a long term study of the interactions between near shore and far shore marine species, and the importance of near shore habitats for breeding.

Post Doctoral Study: Through the University of Victoria examining the interactions of farmed fish and wild fish with respect to environmental health.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from . . . .. . . . Arvid N Hayman <a.n.hayman@uspw.org>
sender-time .. Sent at 19:23 (UTC). Current time there: 10:14 (UTC +03:00)
to . . . . .. . . . . Alexander Palaiakos <alexpalaiakos@sad.uspw.org>
subject . . . . .. [URGENT] Special Archaeology Assignment
mailed-by . . . . uspw.org

Dear Alexander
I am pleased to inform you that I accept this offer.
I have personally assisted in the work of the teams of people that have made this mission a possibility, and I'm thrilled at the chance of flying the primary seat. Although my record with the USPW should be easily accessible, I have spared you the work and attached my resume.

In anticipation of the 5:th

B/R

Arvid Nathaniel Hayman

Vitals
Name: [Arvid Nathaniel Hayman]
Current Age: [31]
Spoken Language(s): [English, Swedish]
Field(s) of Study: [Aerospace Engineering (Major in Advanced Astral Vessel Design & Functionality)]
[b]Position Applied For:
[Pilot]

Physicals
Height: [174.4 cm]
Weight: [64 kg]
Medical Conditions or Special Considerations: Still rehabilitating from strain in left arm caused by incorrect control adjustments leading to light CTS. No lasting effects are anticipated and a full recovery is expected within 2 months.

Other

30 minutes of rehabilitating training for each 8 hours of work as per scripted by physical evaluator B.Johansen.

Résumé[Last updated: 2077-02-27]

Recent work

-Gravity Lane Piloting to Distant Low Mass Objects (Pluto) in 2077
Duration: 4 months

-Primary test pilot and superintendent during "Project Outreach".
Duration: 3 years

-Lead pilot and evaluator for initial testing of experimental interface system used during “Project Outreach”.
Duration: 14 months

-Layman in psychological experiment: “The way out – A study in meditation as pre-emptive measures of claustrophobic tendencies.”
Duration: 4 months
Overseer and psychological evaluator: Dr. R.Mellburg

Education

-University of Gothenburg, Sweden - Aerospace Engineering, Ba
-Northeast Academy of Flight, Sweden – Flight studies.
-USPW Institute of Experimental Technology, Thessaloniki, Greece – Braid Advancement Theory.

Personal Interests

-Swimming
-Climbing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: