FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

D&D online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yesterday was a bit of a wash. While questing with Tin everything froze and the music turned into a single buzz. After five minutes of this, nothing changed, so we restarted the computer and fired up DDO, which promptly did nothing. After getting logged out for inactivity waiting at the loading screen, we found out that it had been a firewall problem.* Then when we finally got back in, Tin had gone.

So we turned to questing with Ax instead. As so often happens when Ax gets to pick the adventure,** everybody died. A lot. Frickin' beholders...

* ''It'' here refers to the second problem. Mork only knows what the first one was about.
** We haven't actually kept any statistics on that.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I ended up not getting on; I got home at 3am and promptly went to bed. I'll likely not be on this weekend because I'll be in Madison, WI for a conference, but perhaps the weekend after. Smile
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I won't be online Saturday evening -- I'll be halfway to Grand Forks in a motel somewhere, and my laptop's graphics card is not up to it.

After that ... well, funds are tight, and I may have to go without internet service at my apartment for the first month or two. Once I start getting regular pay checks I'll naturally get Internet service. I was seriously contemplating going without electricity too, but it turns out there's a clause in my lease requiring me to get electricity.

In the meantime I'll still be able to check the forum and such -- chances are good that one of my neighbors will have an unsecured access point I can surreptitiously leech off of. And even if they don't, I can take my laptop to campus or to a coffee shop. I'm pretty sure they have at least one coffee shop in Grand Forks.

I'll probably be able to get on tonight, but it depends on how much time it takes to pack up the few belongings I've got which aren't in the storage locker.
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, Good luck and fine fortune to you in Grand Forks.
I am wondering if any body will be about tomorrow morning? Is it worth my while getting up? I know that both Tin and Maeniel will not be there but that shouldn't stop the rest of us. I will be on for half an hour (Sunday 6 - 6.30am GMT) If your on we will quest if not 'we' will not.

Tyris, if you want we can arrange a more civilized time to meet since those who need us to get up at such a horribly early time will no longer be about for the foreseeable future.

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Spellingmistax = mistax = ax = anthrax
Tyris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we'll be sure to be up on Sunday morning.

Lately we seem to have been getting on for a couple of hours around 8 pm (though that won't happen tonight, it's 7:20 and dinner's nowhere near ready, so 8:30 if we're lucky ----- scratch that, just got the call, will be on after the washing up, probably means 8:30 anyway, byeeeeeeeee!

Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Tin, we finally got desperate enough to try that Potion of Wonder you gave us.

It cast Disintegrate.

x.x

spellingmistax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I never turnd up Tyris, I over slept, woke up at about 10:20am. You about tonight at 11pm?

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelanis seems not to be loading at the moment...

And no, Ax, if we're ever still on at 11pm then something has gone horribly wrong and the morning will bring only regret.

spellingmistax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you wish PM with times so I can be ready, otherwise I am going to be popping on and off as I please with no regaurd for anyone else. If anyone is up for next sunday moring at 6am GMT post here, no post means I will stay in bed.

dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt I'll be able to make that time often any more until summer...but would anybody be opposed to a run at 11pm GMT Saturday? (That's 6pm EST.) Or even an hour earlier.
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 pm GMT is far far better for me, I'll see you then, 10pm would be better still but I will have to find out when I am working, I'll let you know wed.

EDIT: I am working till 9.30pm at night. So while it is possible that I will be on line at 10pm it is not very likely. For simplicities sake just call it 11pm GMT. See you guys then.

dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be on for the next hour/two hours if anybody would like to join me. Smile
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss my DDO! What did people do before they had electricity? I mean, aside from working long hours in the fields to scratch a living out of the uncaring soil through sheer brute force?
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Havens Guard miss’s you. I lack the on line charisma (The doc did not put enough points into it) to keep the guild leveling together. I also got a reasonable story to tell involving myself, Gianthold and another Guild. It might be funny, it may not, it could very well be a tail of ‘you had to be there’.

Anyone going to be on tonight at about 10:00pm GMT?

@ Tin: Told tails and painted on walls.

EDIT: I reread my post and with out the @Tin it is the most random statement I have ever made.

dubbed Anthrax by Asa

Last edited by spellingmistax on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just flat out haven't been on much lately. With this weird new "full-time job" thing, we only really have time left over for a single hobby... we'll pop online for a couple of hours tonight at nine, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: