FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Sub-Forum Necromancy GO!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

What Kind of RPGs would you like to see?
Sci-fi
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Fantasy
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Post Apocalypta
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Crime/WMG
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Supernatural
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Sub-Forum Necromancy GO! Reply with quote

Alright, I've noticed that this RPG section seems to have taken a hit in terms of activity over the past few months, and the RPGs seem to have run done. I know that for VH, I had issues with posting around thesis-writing and studying and that people couldn't always keep when I tried to fix a schedule to it, which is fair enough.

I don't know what the other current GMs are thinking right now, but I decided to put up this thread to see if people are interested in taking part in the RPGs, or if there is a game genre that people would really like to see, i.e. fantasy, post apocalyptic, Star Wars (hint Space), etc.

As fun as VH has been to run, as it's been well over a month since I updated it, I realise that those players involved may be too busy or no longer interested in participating, and I can understand that. I'm currently unsure if I will try and restart it, as I was trying to continue someone else's idea. I'll get feedback from my players first.

However, I just wanted to get other players and prospective player's inputs on the kind of games they would like to see being run, and if other GMs feel sufficiently placed to restart what was begun.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for an RPG. However, I've been working on my novel(s), so I won't be able to write a completely new character, but I can probably adapt someone to the setting without much trouble.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still up for whatever. Although I'm not dreadfully interested in crime.
- Issa
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scifi. Steampunk would be cool too, the Bering was such a nice start. And I remember enjoying... was it second august...? before it got way too quick for me and i had to pull out.

I wants my heavyworlders Very Happy
Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll deal with VH in its own thread, as that's the most appropriate place to deal with it.

@Tenshi and Mane: Will the two of you be continuing with your projects?

Could people be a bit more specific about what they'd actually want to participate in? Were there any games no longer running now that ran on Forum1 that you liked the look of? I'll wait on more input from others before I really kick anything off, but I'd personally love a bit of traditional fantasy or sci-fi myself. Been reading the Stand and a Song of Ice and Fire. XD

C'mon peeps, don't be shy! Even if you've never played before, we'd like to hear from you.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play almost anything, to be honest, though i'm not going to get involved in too many games for time reasons, and similarly, I'm not going to be GMing in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what time limits I can work within. My summer schedule is killer chaotic, but I have Sundays free during school. I kept trying to re-write the last few Bering posts, but I wrote myself into a real corner. Forum GMing is apparently a bit beyond my ability and understanding. I could continue Bering, but I always feel like I'm excluding someone to focus on someone else, and I rarely feel like I'm being fair enough to everyone...

I don't know what/if I'd play, but I love stories where novel creativity is part of the character's needed skills. For instance, post-apoc and sci-fi give characters the ability to combine things, even if only for a single use or whatnot.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in continuing TH, but only if people are willing to keep going. (Though I know that people have been waiting on me to post for a while...)

I should be able to get back in the swing of things when I'm back at school; for now, I have to focus on moving in and getting past my work schedule. I do have Fridays off now, so that should be a good start. Smile

If we did decide to nix TH and start a new RPG, I'd be all for that. I'm not particularly picky with what I play, but I'm with Nem--crime doesn't seem too particularly interesting. I WOULD be interested in playinng something modern with some supernatural thrown in, and post-apocalyptic sounds pretty cool, too.
robinwing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy roleplays, but I'm already on plenty of fantasy for one person, and I'm getting As for science, so sci-fi sounds like fun! Even then, I'm like everyone else, I'll take what's given. Not particularly bothered. Another point in favour of sci-fi is I've never roleplayed sci-fi (the most experience with sci-fi I've got is watching "A Town Called Eureka")
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mane: I'd be up for a continuation of TH, but it all depends on whether or not you think you can fit in to your schedule for the foreseeable future.

@Tenshi: Again, it's entirely up to you - if you think you can run it and that you have enough players, then go for it.

Really, it's the other GMs decisions whether or not they choose to continue their games, but I just wanted to shake up any lethargy. I might give it a day or two before I start to chase up the other regulars who haven't posted yet, because I'd like as many prospective players on board with us as possible.

I don't want to put a cap number on the number of players each RPG can have, but it's a good idea to have at least 4 player characters in total to at least get the ball rolling. One of the problems we seem to run into is people not giving heads up about absences or dropping out. Thus far, at least 7 different people have chucked in their opinion, but I know we have a few regulars who haven't contributed yet.

As regards VH - I'm still waiting on half of my players getting back to me, so we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely not restarting it all over again. If I do run a new one, I may well go for sci-fi, but it be more moody in tone than VH was. I'm formulating an idea but I'm not going to say much more unless people sign up for it and VH gets the boot.

As regards the vote - we're currently split 50/50 for either Science Fiction or Post Apocalypta. If VH goes down, I'd provisionally be up for running some moody Sci-Fi but not for another 3 weeks, as I go on holiday on Thursday for 10-11 days and am unlikely to have internet, and then a wedding on the 5th of September.

Many takers for moody Sci-Fi? Any other game ideas?

EDIT: By crime I meant something along the lines of the Wink Murder games.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a fan of most except crime, and i can always make time for rpgs so a new one would rock, or a restart of the old i loved my character from bering and would love to continue on with that one if Tenshi is up to the challenge :d

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rave: Moody Sci-fi is my personal favorite.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more interested in a WMG than anything else, mostly because they have both a beginning and an end, and the two aren't too far apart. >_> Open-ended RPGs tend to trail off, and I like closure.
robinwing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's moody sci-fi?
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty... I think sufficient time has passed to wait on the other players who have been involved with the RPGs, and I'm going to assume that those who have posted in this thread are the ones who would actually be interested in getting games running again. At the risk of sounding ruthless, I'm reckoning that if you don't bother to post, I'm not bothering with waiting on you.

At the moment it looks like a lot of people are interested in running a post-apocalyptic game. I don't know if there's someone who would be particularly interested in running that kind of game, but if there are, feel free to get the ball rolling.

As regards VH, I'll deal with that issue separately in its own OOC thread. If it goes south, I'll start preparing the notes for my Sci-fi concept, though I think that if I do run it, I'd do it as Episodes rather than as Chapters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: