FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Truth Behind Willow: Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phasing through stuff is Ulkurz' power. In the previous scene, he phased through the wall when he entered.
inked.silver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo.. thank you very much Smile >,<
Thurhame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wren wrote:
...soulstones bearers have a 1:1 power with an Eve,...

Yes, the soulstone bearers have as much power as an Eve, on their home planet. This Eve-level power is what causes them to self destruct. They are moved to Earthsong because that reduces their power to a level they can manage safely:

Lady Yates wrote:
"As it assumes its final form, the soulstone reacts to the energy resonance of the core. It begins to channel that energy so that suddenly the host gains access to vast power - as much as an Eve, but unnaturally so!”

“But the children are too frail to wield such power. The soulstone forms, crystallizes, and then the surge of power annihilates both host and stone."

"If it is proximity to the parent world that brings about its demise, then surely distance is the answer to this problem. Therefore, we must remove the host from their homeworld to another one, until host and stone may be separated without harming either.”

Since Willow is an Eve, she can stay on her homeworld (Earthsong), able to safely access her full potential without the danger of self-destructing. Thus, she should have much more power than the soulstone bearers are able to wield.
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh... So Willow's not only a wild card to the best of everyone's knowledge (no one knows her power), but also the most powerful person there (excluding the planets).

Assuming the little stones they have (blanking on the name, Nanashi's are on her vambraces) don't counterbalance that.

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you have enough power to end the world someone just has to make your head asplode the once, or knock you out. Wink
- Issa
Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wren wrote:
the little stones they have (blanking on the name,

Augment stones.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Wren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nem wrote:
Even if you have enough power to end the world someone just has to make your head asplode the once, or knock you out. Wink

True. Hm...would making guesses at possibilities for her power still fit in this thread? I'm suddenly hoping for shielding...though I think something more offensive is more likely, given that the strongest emotion we've seen her feel (IMO) is anger.

Tyris wrote:
Wren wrote:

Augment stones.

Thank you!

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Thurhame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyris wrote:
Wren wrote:

Augment stones.

What are augment stones, and where are they described?
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augment stones are small gems made of the element of a planet. Earthsongers use gems made of the element of their home planet to augment their abilities while on Earthsong. You may have noticed that almost every character has small gems somewhere on their clothing which shine when that character uses their ability (here are a few examples). Augment stones are given to Haven's Guard members during the Haldisian Ceremony (I think?).

You'll notice that Nanashi has a lot of gems on her bracers - those are many different augment stones, to augment Nanashi's various abilities.

This was never explained to us in the comic, but rather was explained to us by the good lady Yates.
robinwing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I've been rereading it, and forming my opinion on it all.

Firstly, it seems quite reasonable to take an eve for a soulstone bearer. Their power is supposed to be level, if it's the power explosion from the soulstone forming, then an eve forming would give off the same amount. It doesn't seem so far fetched that an eve could be mistaken for a soulstone. But, that opens the question of how more eves haven't ended up on Earthsong. I have a theory for that.

An eve has the planet's element all through their bloodstream, whereas a soulstone has the element very concentrated in a certain spot. Perhaps the soulstone has a denser concentration of the element than even the core of the planet. This would make them stand out, where an eve would blend in with the planet. The concentration would mean the power was more noticable on the soulstone bearers planet, while an eve would blend in with the core of the planet. If we assume it's just the explosion of power that indicates a soulstone, and an eve looks on whatever radar the siderans use to be part of the core of a planet, we can take that an eve forming where it would stand out would be taken to be a soulstone. It's almost like moths dropping to the ground so bats can't detect them with their sonar. It's the same stimulus, but when you put it against alot of the same stimulus, it becomes invisible.

This brings me to a theory actually connected to Williow, rather than the mechanics of the retrieval of soulstone bearers. Willow stood out against where she formed because she didn't form on Earthsong's surface. This explains why Earthsong didn't know she had an eve, and why she didn't recognise Willow, even slightly. It also explains a telepathic exchange between Nanashi and Earthsong that either outright said or implied that Earthsong had got into a pulling match with Bel, because she did. She caught the power explosion of Willow forming, on a planet where she couldn't blend in at all because it was not made with Earthsong's element. As it was just the power that was tripping the sensors, an eve forming on the wrong planet would be taken for a soulstone on the right one. So the usual procedure initiates, and we get the beginning of Earthsong!

I plan to one day go to an anime con not in cosplay, but dressed as a musketeer.
inked.silver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm...interesting.. I'd post something more insightful, but I'm brain-dead right now >.<
Requiem

Location: The darkest corner of the cosmos... A.k.a. The Library

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading through both the comic and this discussion i can safely say that I haven't a clue about what Willow's power could be. At this point in time, anything is possible.

The planets possess considerable power in themselves and as Eve's are formed of thier element and thier powers are varied it will probibly come down to the nature of the Eve herself as to what the power becomes. Willow might appear timid but she certianly has a lot of steel in her spine not to mention a nasty temper. Wink

On a side note, this has been nagging at me. If soulstone bearers have augment stones... Then where the heck are Neuria's? I've gone over and over all the pictures I could find of her and have yet to locare them. The only jewlery she has are her earings and those look just plain silver.

I dunno maybe I'm missing something but I just can't see them. *shrugs*
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some characters don't have augment stones... or at least don't have them visable Wink
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willow's power is that when she makes microwave popcorn, every kernel pops. Every time. Top THAT, Spiderman! :-̃
Wren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe she can make plants not flower!

Oh, come on, controlling who has food is an advantage...

Hm. Augment stones could be under clothing? Actually, if we're going there, they might just be on the back of her earrings. Unless she has them inside her hands or feet or something... I wonder if that has any effect, or if Willow could do something like that. Though it might be a bit redundant, what with the blood.

Yes, I am dismissing that the answer could be as simple as 'Neuria doesn't have them' out of hand. Because that's not as fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: