FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

It's Official - I'm leaving all of you... Here is an apology

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion

Are you satisfied with my apology, and the resolution I have come up with?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
With the apology, Yes,... but not the resolution.
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

devilman2045

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: It's Official - I'm leaving all of you... Here is an apology Reply with quote

I hope that this serves a decent enough apology to all of you. I would first and foremost like to apologize for my actions over the last few days. I hope there are no hard feelings.

To Nem, I'm sorry I called your character into quetion. No hard feelings?

Thank you Maeniel for being fair to me, and sorry for making you work harder than you normally do...

For the rest of you, I would like to apologize for the following:

Hi-Jacking a good chunk of the boards

For going way off subject

For making sure I irritated the crap out of all of you

For my posts almost always being so provocative

And for being me,....

I hope you all can forgive me for that,.... especially the last one. I like to stir the pot,.... and keep all the good stuff floating on top! Smile

On that note, I have asked that Lady Yates would delete my account. She has agreed. It may be gone by tomorrow afternoon,.... but I ask that she wait until next week, Tuesday (for me, Wenesday for some of you), until she does so that you all could read my apology.

I have sent some of you personalized apologizes. I hope you get, and read them in time.

I will miss this forum immensly, and all the memories I have of it. I feel it only right after the last couple days to part ways with you all.

I will read any response left here for me, and reply where I feel appropriate.

-Devilman2045
devilman2045

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumping this to the top,... since I bumped a couple messages over it. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to see this..... Sorry for the double post.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if that's the way you want it, then I wish you luck in all future endeavors.

*farewell cookie*

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't see a reason why you NEED to leave. If that's the way you want to go with things, then you have my support in your decision. I never found you to be offensive, even when I didn't agree with you. Part of life is just that: learning to understand, socialize, and even like people that you don't completely agree with.

That said, I think everybody makes mistakes. I know that I personally say things that I really wish I could take back, give words I wish I could take back. It's one of those things where, I think, you just have to.. kind of go on from where you're at. An apology, sure, maybe that's in order. I know there are a few apologies I need to (and will) give in the not-too-distant future.

So, if you're going, then you're going with my good will behind you. If you ever want to drop in and say a hello, then I don't see why you should feel you can't do that.

Save travels, friend.
~Matthew

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Outasync

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel Goldwyn once said, "Ninety percent of the art of living consists of getting along with people you cannot stand."

I haven't been following this forum closely, and so don't know the ins and outs of your case, but I don't think anyone should feel compelled to leave. If your opinions have been strongly worded (and I haven't seen them, so I couldn't say either way) then you have, at worst, been giving the rest of us the chance to practice Goldwyn's "art of living".

You seem aware of your behaviour, and if it has been at fault in the past then I'm sure you won't let it continue that way. Do whatever you feel best, but please don't feel that you *have* to leave. If I refused to speak to all the people I disagree with I would have a very silent life, and I think this is probably true for everyone.

Dubbed Caste by Asa
Outasync = Outcast = Outcaste = Caste

Combining the charming good looks of Neddy Seagoon, the courage of Bluebottle and the wisdom of the famous Eccles.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilman, though he hasn't posted this here, has decided to stay. So this thread is obsolete now.

It'll be locked then soon deleted.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: