FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: Paradox edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, now that my exams are finished, I want to set myself up a list of books I want to read. Very Happy

Today, I really need to make decisions about what end of year parties I want to show up for!

Today I lament the state of underwear departments in certain stores. Sad
sunshine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I debate whether to post honeymoon pictures on the picture thread, or on the art forum. About 70% of them are artsy shots of all the beautiful things on Key West, rather than pictures of us...

Today I really hope I don't end up having to work until 5, so I can get all my errands done today rather than putting them off any further.

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today started out kind of meh, though I spent all morning daydreaming in bed. And then I started to look through my extensive bookmarks for new strips on all of the many web comics I read. I found this:

http://www.threepanelsoul.com/view.php?date=2009-05-29

Incidently, the person with the nosebleed happens to be none other than myself. Though it doesn't really look like me (my hair is different) and I was wearing white jeans. And laden with a couple extra bags. It certainly made my day anyway.

Now Playing: My Chemical Romance - Hang 'Em High

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, that's hilarious. Claen, you're famous!

Today we had High Drama at the office.

I was given a forty-page document to edit, which I immediately saw had not been formatted correctly. The margins were too wide, the font was too small... basically it would be a real pain to read because it was wrong. So I started reading it anyway, and when Alice* (the formatter who had given it to me) stopped by, I pointed out the glaring errors so she could start working on it. She was convinced she'd gotten it all right the first time, and earnestly went back to check. I kept reading. She came back and said the margins were right, I was convinced they were wrong (I have an eye for patterns, and though I may get the absolute measurements wrong, I almost always know when something is relatively off). I sceptically let the matter drop, and kept reading, shaking my head at every page I turned, getting more and more worked up. It's wrong, I know it is, why's Word acting up? And it didn't help that this is from a British guy, so the spelling was different, and the spacing was wrong, and things that I normally mark I had to consciously skip and ignore.

I went to Kate* for an unrelated spacing issue, and saw something significant. She had a document I had checked earlier in the day laying on her desk, and I could see that the footers were in different places! Meaning the margins really were wrong! I went triumphantly to Alice's desk to show her my proof, only to see that her margins really were at one-inch - on the screen, anyway. Kate and I hovered over Alice's shoulders and played with everything we could, trying to get the margins to cooperate, to no avail. Jen* eventually joined us and started showing Alice all the things she'd have to do to fix the rest of the formatting issues, and I went back to reading.

Two pages in, I had an epiphany. Maybe Alice's margins really were right, and it was Kate's that were wrong! I bounced out of my cube and over the Kate's, only to find her gone. No matter, maybe she was with Alice! No, not there either. However, I shared my good news with Alice and Jen, who were understandably underwhelmed, while I waited for Kate's return. When she did come back, I asked her to open up the two documents to do a side-by-side comparison. We'd get to the bottom of this, once and for all! (It didn't help that Alice's original document appeared to be corrupted, and forced her to close the file every three minutes) Kate opened the File in Question in full-page view, and discovered the culprit:

It was in A4 layout.

Which meant that when we tried to print the document on our Letter-size paper, Word shrank the page to fit on the smaller sheet. Which meant the margins were wide, the font was too small... essentially everything I'd marked as wrong. When Kate and I printed a sample page on the now-calibrated letter-format, everything was normal, right down to the bottom margins. This didn't save me from having to read the last fifteen pages in the scrunched-in A4, but it did save us from pulling out the rest of our hair and sending an angry email across the pond. Took three hours, but we solved the mystery, and that's satisfying.

Ah, the joys of geekdom.

*Names have been changed to protect the identities of those involved.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.

Last edited by Asa on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! That's great!

Today I read and studied for a bit.
Allicat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I sat one exam and started revising for the next.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Claen: Dude... that's awesome.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I saw the end of season 4 of House.

Spoiler: Such a downer ending. 13 has Huntington's - and I really like her character. She's obviously done things of a less than reputable nature before. The interesting thing with a lot of criminals who change to being, ‘normal,’ is it's not a holistic change. There are bits of ideology just floating around in there, stripped of any connection to the reasoned whole beyond a desire to be normal. Still should be interesting to watch the show when she starts coming apart.

Pitty about Wilson.

Today I made spaghetti with bacon and eggs. It's actually surprisingly nice.

Today I remembered a friend's comment from last year: 'That's not a breakfast; that's a heart attack on a plate!'

Today I watch bad martial arts movies.

Today I should be in bed so I can get up tomorrow and revise. I know I have an exam on Wednesday, although not where and when since the university's undergrad email system has been broken for ages.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I take my Pre Calculus exam, and I'm freaking out a bit. Oh gosh, please let me pass! ><
Miho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is Andy Giffith's birthday. Hee hee.. oh how I love my matlock.

Today I continue job hunting.
Picked up an application at a day care place, gonna fill it out tonight, return tomorrow.

Today I really feel lazy but not because I get off work at three but i've been running around town since then.

Today i want to go to sleep early. Like now.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I finished the page where Willow's secret is revealed. Crazy!
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do this to us Lady! * whimpers*

Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins*

I love how Teh Lady always picks the best tidbits to post in the Today thread. I try to be funny, and some people do it faster than breathing.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Ivan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half of today was alright, aside from me worrying about how I'd ever do an essay I have due this Wednesday. In the essay I'm supposed to answer 4 questions, questions I have already answered earlier in class, and that I'm now doing over- the difference being I half-assed them the first time, and now that I have to do them in an essay form I'm clueless. So I'm probably going to show up to class empty handed. I have a terrible habit of not even bothering to TRY things unless I have some certainty.

Second half of today I'm still trying to calm down from. My old girlfriend, who I stopped speaking with roughly half a year ago, sent me an email asking if I'd called her. I froze the instant I recognized who the email was from. I hadn't called her, and I responded. We had a short conversation between a few emails, and now I'm waiting on whether she'll send another response or not... I still have feelings for her, too, and thinking of her pains me. Let alone talking to her.

I don't know why I'm saying this. I haven't even brought it up with the people I consider friends. And my thoughts are so mixed up the first draft of this was incoherent. I just want this to pass.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I watched a butt load of trailers: L4D2, New Moon, Alan Wake, I Am Alive, KotOR, Natal, I sure there're more I'm forgetting.

Jeez, how'm I gonna afford all this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: