FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Spring 'poem'

Feaelen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Spring 'poem' Reply with quote

Spring
The world is dancing all around
with one leg up and one leg down
The wind will gale and sing a sound
while pixies leap upon the ground
The flowers hark and up they bound
when spring breaks forth and all abound

written March 05, 2009 @ 00h10

So here's the deal on the above "poem", critique away but lets just call a spade a spade. I'm no poet but sometimes i have no choice but write the words i hear in my head lest i not get to sleep. Rarely happens usually it's drawings, but darn those Pixies. Anyways, wasn't following any rhyme or reason despite the somewhat flow of the poem.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dear, sweet babies. Feaelen posting in the writer's category? I've got to make sure my End of the World Supply® is up to snuff!

Back to the topic at hand, though... I like the poem, actually. It's short, but I'd not fault you for that. I like the fact that it doesn't follow the lyrical bracketing I find myself stuck into, yet maintains a continuing ending to each sentence (which is "oun" and not "nd").

The imagery is pretty provocative, and reminiscent of springtime as well. I could really envision this being sung around a fire at some spring solstice...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Written Word All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: