FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Mane's Photograpy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Flavren

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You take some nice photos. <3

[I'm sorry if this isn't going to be very helpful. D: You're the one in photography classes, I've never had a single one. Please, please don't take offense if this is crap.]

Some constructive criticism, would be I don't think you get the point across 100 percent in some of your photos. There very pretty photos, but you want people to look at the photo and KNOW what's happening. You did a good job with this in Dreamer, Destroyer, Trapped, and many others. To do this, I use the first things that come to mind when I hear the word.

I think like this:
Dreamer = Sky
Destroyer = The Color Red
Trapped = Walls

Great job with those!

Let's say you had to do a photo, long shutter speed. You wanted it to give the theme, Watched. When I think of watched, I think of eyes, and shadowy figures. (mwuahah) So I'd put a person, in a forest if one was available, near a tree. She'd have her hand on the tree, maybe I'd draw an eye on her hand staring at the back of her head as she looked straight at the camera. AND, in case the audience were not able to see the hand, or notice the eye drawn on her hand. I'd have it done in long exposure, and have someone move from beside another tree, to behind the tree. Then you'd have the person, staring at the camera, eyes wide in fear. (Maybe the audience would feel like they were watching her as well. Eye on the back of her hand, also watching her. AND have a blurry shadow figure beside a tree behind her.
I'd say she feel like she's being watched!

If it'd be too difficult to shoot in long exposure, have the person in the background wear a black hooded cape. Or black blanket. Like a grim reaper Halloween costume. =D

Alright, let's apply this to one of the great photos you've taken that needs a little push in the right direction. Let's use LATE, great expression on the persons face. At night, gives the feeling they've been waiting awhile. Alrighty, lets think of LATE. What's your first thought? Mine is clocks. yayclockswhoo. This could be applied by something as simple as putting a wristwatch on. Have the model hold up their wrist, tada! Of course, this being photography, you have many choices of where to put the models head. Every head position says something different, conveys a different emotion. Body language has a lot to do in photography.

[end critic/ Sorry if that made no sense! sorrysorrysorry! D: Again, I'm the photography n00b here.]

I DO like your photos though. <3
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not the subject of this conversation, but I'd like to interject my opinion, if I may.

Stop apologizing! Well. Apologize once, but after that give it a rest. You may not be in any classes, but your talent simply oozes, and if you have constructive advice, I think that's great. Critique is a give and take relationship, and if you have something to give, make sure you accept advice in return.

I'm even more of a n00b than you are, being that I enjoy taking photos, and know what makes a good photo, but I don't get the WOW factor that you have. Don't put yourself down. Your advice has helped me, if it hasn't helped Mane.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Arts 'n Crafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: