FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: OOC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
Sighing stale toast ferments uniquely, Tristan looked down the docks, hoping to see one of his crew.
...yeeeeeeees.

This are serious question, not making fun: what the great greasy giants did you just say? What's a stale toast ferment and how do you sigh it, and why uniquely?

Or, as the Tenth Doctor would put it: what?

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the ship's name?

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JA: It's called the Rachel.

Ty: O_o;;; I have absolutely NO clue how that got there. My brain must have had an aneurysm or something. That or somebody is playing tricks on me. ~_~ Pretend that part doesn't exist and that Tristan is just looking around impatiently for the crew.
Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right! We were trying to decipher it as if it was a series of extremely odd, uncaught spelling errors, but the case is actually that the "stale toast ferments uniquely" should never have been in there in the first place, yes yes?

What does stale toast ferment into, anyway? Very cheap vodka?

JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyris wrote:
What does stale toast ferment into, anyway? Very cheap vodka?

Vodka is made from potatoes.

Fermented bread should produce something vaguely related to beer, I would guess... Shocked

Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Vodka is made from potatoes.
Or grain (such as wheat, wot bread is made from), or molasses...

horsin'around

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
JA: It's called the Rachel.

Ty: O_o;;; I have absolutely NO clue how that got there. My brain must have had an aneurysm or something. That or somebody is playing tricks on me. ~_~ Pretend that part doesn't exist and that Tristan is just looking around impatiently for the crew.

I discovered that if you attempt to write wist-ful without the hyphen, you get wistful. *snicker*

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponce: Please don't write another character's reactions to your character, even if it's an NPC. NPCs as well as Tristan fall under my jurisdiction. Write your character's observations, her reactions to her environment, and her actions with her environment. It's fine if she notices somebody to the side and decides to mess with him, but I'll control his reactions. Please edit accordingly. Thanks! Smile
JackAce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenna wrote:
Deepet Abyss - had he seen the shoulder tattoo? She should have bandaged it this morning before she left, but hadn't thought it to be that visible.

Ravenna wrote:
On the inside of her left forearm and on her shoulder, there is a tattoo of a merman brandishing a cutlass done in iridescent green – family sigil.
Ravenna wrote:
If they looked round to see her, they’d see a petit human female dressed in a white sleeveless shirt, a long blue tunic and dark trousers and dark boots.

I figured it would be easy enough to see.

Unless the "long blue tunic" had sleeves that would obscure it, in which case it would be somewhat pointless to mention that the shirt was sleeveless...

JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mane:

How large are the rooms I'll find?

I'm not going to require a whole lot of furniture, but I'll take up a lot of of floor space when I lay down to sleep!

Also, as mentiond IC, I can't use a human sized bed and will need to contruct a completely new sleeping area. This will consume a number of extra mattresses (or equivalent padding material)

Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the rooms are about 15 feet by 13 feet. Not large by any means--but remember, this is a vessel that needs to capitalize on space, and there are several rooms this size.

As far as furniture goes, there is a twin-sized bed in each (two for a double). There's also a dresser and a desk for every person in that room.

As far as centaur bedding goes, they generally sleep on either the bare ground or on hay. They embrace the natural side of them and are very minimalistic--especially since many are somewhat nomadic. So unless Nawahqde is rather pampered, one mattress should do fine.
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
As far as centaur bedding goes, they generally sleep on either the bare ground or on hay. They embrace the natural side of them and are very minimalistic--especially since many are somewhat nomadic. So unless Nawahqde is rather pampered, one mattress should do fine.

I did some research on horse sleeping habits, and found that they do prefer to seek out soft ground to lie down on. The extra matresses would be needed for extra area, not extra thickness...

How about this:
A wooden frame of 7x7 feet and about 5 inches high, nailed directly onto the cabin floor, filled with loose sand and covered with a sheet of canvas. (The canvas is only there to keep the sand from shifting around as the ship moves. The cot itself would actually be more comfortable without it!) The original bed's matress would be monted at an angle between the floor and the wall for my humanoid upper body to lean against while the equine lower body lies down on the sand cot.

For nomadic use, I figure they would use sheets of canvas or leather set up like small half-tents to lean on. That way, the upper body is supported at an angle anf the centaur does not need to lay down completely flat on his side. This arrangement makes it a lot easier (and quicker) to get back up.

The desk would need to be adjusted so it's the correct height for my to use it while laying down on the cot (since I won't be able to use any chairs).

spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need a response on Gellel...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Ravenna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce, please edit out the section at the very end of your post where Nawa is talking to Lycoris, as this comes under bunnying without due permission.
JackAce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry!

I was just seeking to speed up events a bit...

But as it turns out, I should have waited not only for you to announce your intention to head for the rooms, but also for Mane give us his description of the ship's layout... Embarassed

Speaking of which:

Quote:
There were five doors, two face the bow of the ship and three facing the stern. Two windows faced each side of the structure. These would be the rooms that the crew would be staying in.

The middle door would lead to a flight of stairs leading to the hold. There would be several doors in this hallway; the closest four contain living arrangements and the next two would have extra materials; ...

Every room with a living arrangement would be a small 15ft by 13ft space that contained two twin beds, two desks, and two dressers. The two single rooms would have one of every item; these single rooms would be the two that faced the bow on the deck.

I am a little cofused by this description. Confused

So, each room has a door and a window opening to the outside. But do they also have doors towards the internal hallway? And how can these be "the closest four" if the rooms are situated at opposide ends of the structure?

And about the stairs to the hold:

If it's OK with you, then for the ease of storytelling I will just ignore the fact that a centaur should have serious problems navigating human-sized stairs (and especially the kind of stairs you find on ships, which tend to be rather steep). I'll just assume that stairs work fine for him, but ladders are all but impossible to use...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: