FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Family Slogans; Family Crests.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to learn to juggle once... to absolutely zero success. As it turns out, I'm a natural with blades, firearms, bows/arrows, and thrown weapons (tomahawks and knives mostly). Juggling? Yeah, tried that to absolutely zero success...

I'm so envious. Mad What card tricks can you do? I can barely shuffle...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
RoseBlood

Location: Gallifrey. . . (Before the Time Wars. Duh- I time- traveled to get here.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. I've been gone for about nine hours and there are two pages on the thread already.
Anywho- I guess I have to contribute, huh?
So-
1-Irish
2-Scottish
3-Welch (as in Wales)
4-Dutch
5-French
6-Canadian

And I can ALMOST juggle. Not quite.

And apparently Tenshi (aka "The Angel") is a natural with any kind of weapon.... and thus sighs the breath of irony upon the world.
'I want you, bleeders......'
Tamir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
I tried to learn to juggle once... to absolutely zero success. As it turns out, I'm a natural with blades, firearms, bows/arrows, and thrown weapons (tomahawks and knives mostly). Juggling? Yeah, tried that to absolutely zero success...

That's probably more useful in the end, isn't it?

Tenshi wrote:
I'm so envious. Mad What card tricks can you do? I can barely shuffle...

All kinds! ^_^ Card tricks are surprisingly easy to do. For example, here's a nice fun one.
RoseBlood

Location: Gallifrey. . . (Before the Time Wars. Duh- I time- traveled to get here.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*laughs bunches* good job, Tam!
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tam: I'm still in total amazement... Maybe I should buy a deck of cards and practice..

@Rose: How is it ironic...? The thrown weapons bit comes from my Cherokee blood, I think. First time I ever picked up a tomahawk was for a competition at a shooting range, which I placed first in. I wanted to place 2nd, because I wanted that prize instead...and the girl I beat for 1st was apparently REALLY mad that she lost, I actually still feel guilty about that :\

Why is the blades thing ironic? It's mostly practice with bladed weapons, pole arms came fairly naturally (The school's marionettes jokingly told me I should try out for their team). The shooting comes from I don't know where, but I do know my father has placed in the top 5 shooters of muzzle loader rifles nationally. He also used to build his own rifles, so I was sort of raised around guns...

I've blabbered on too much.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton

Last edited by Tenshi on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My great uncle invented the Pepto-Bismol tablet. And one was in the French underground during WW 2. And that's probably as interesting as my family gets. >>;
horsin'around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother is descended from the gipsies (without the y!) of Ireland, and farmers, I believe. My father's mother was British wealth and maybe a but of nobility, and my father's dad was some uncouth, but handsome Australian man from the bush. Or at least that was how Aunt Suzanne told it...

See? Nothing the least bit interesting. Except that my father's older brother was a street performer in Liverpool.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I'm from a proud stock of French peasants ^__^ (mostly Breton, one of my grandmothers is mixed of two other places, so, I usually say French)

Some time around my great-grandfathers' time, someone got in the oil industry, and, well, here I am?

My family name is a name common in Breton Peasantry, namely in one village, and that is where all those of my name come from, so, the lack of any nobility leads to a lack of crest....
RoseBlood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tenshi; I only meant it was ironic because you have chosen the name "Tenshi", which you say means 'Angel'. Angels are traditionally peaceful, non- violent little buggers. You, apparently, are not. Please take no offense from any of those statements.

@who-ever cares; the only thing my family is known for; this little tidbit comes, naturally, from my mother's side.... My family is known for birthing mainly females with blue eyes- no matter what color the father's eyes are.

ex; mom has blue eyes, while dad has a brown eye (the other eye doesn't count- it's blue.)

Last edited by RoseBlood on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic interuption: Roseblood, what about Azrael? The angel of war?
RoseBlood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael is commonly known as the angel of death, which in most cases is not violent. Besides, (I apologise for the involuntary prejudice- thing) I was refering to Christianity, and Azrael is traditionally known for it's home in Jewish lore and Islam. <3

And sorry tenshi- I sort of forgot Michael. my bad, hon.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Michael was actually the one I was thinking of.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rose/Britland: My brother's name is Michael, interestingly. Cherubs are cute, cuddly and peaceful. Angels are not so much so, when they have to be. Actually the moniker fits me more closely now than it ever used to.

A bit of a short blurb, then back on topic...
When I chose the name, I was an angry teenager with nothing to lash out at. so, I thought of avenging angels and tried to be cool by doing what all the other internet geeks were doing, translate it into Japanese. The full name used to be "shi no tenshi" or "Angel of Death".. In the years after, my brain wasn't so flooded with pubescent testosterone, and I came to appreciate peace and diplomacy. I've now reached a point where I'll first try and solve a situation amicably before breaking out the fiery swords. Razz So, more fitting now maybe, now I try to play peace keeper. If that doesn't work, I get out the peacemaker... heheheh.

Back on topic:
@Rose: That's interesting! My family does that, though on the other side of things. There's a very strict pattern oddly enough. Two generations of boys (two boys, to boot), then a generation of two girls...then back to two generations of two boys. Never twins, almost always four years apart. Craziness, huh?

Red Skelton
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a family Crest and motto, but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look at them. On the other hand, I'm descended from German/Italian immigrants on one side, and Brits on the other. And the only interesting ancestry I can claim is three generations of San Francisco burlesque dancers on one side of the family. And yes, despite this being San Francisco, all the dancers were women. Very Happy
RoseBlood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, interesting little twight (hehee- i make words) from Tenshi...... I guess all families have patterns of some sort....

Anyway, @ALL- MOST everyone I've come to meet in life has been Italian and Irish or either one. Here, on the otherhand, we gots bunches o' gente de britian. I guess it just boils down to the region.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: