FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Mecha Knights OOC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
...everything about that is perfect save the color purple. Just a tad, erm, darker if you please.
This any better?

JackAce wrote:
They are the right way around... as seen by the bearer of the shield.
In a word: blort!

In several more words: unless the shield is made of stained glass, the bearer can't see the design at all. That makes less than no sense.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stained glass shield. That would be immensely interesting... though worse than useless, naturally.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the setting, a stained heavy duty perspex shield, on the other hand...
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, Tetris! Thank you! I think the shield and motto are spot on. Smile

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
JackAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, I found a Motto for Queen Ayneira as well:

Curro Libere!

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Run free"? There are a couple of other possibilities, but that seems most likely...

JackAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyris wrote:
"Run free"?

"Run" in the first person singular present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIwwh3qjYRw

Feaelen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edit re armourment, i just copied and pasted the set up and forgot to specify that she's left handed. well ambidextrous, but stronger with the left hand ;P]

Feudal Data
Name: Kára
Coat of Arms: Azure, a Phoenix displayed, head dexter (colour silver)
Livery: blue and silver
Personal Melee Weapon: Katana and Wakizashi

Personal Data
Height: 183cm
Weight: 165lb
Hair Color: black
Eye Color: LH eye Green RH eye ice blue
Skin Color: ebony

Mecha Data
Name: Brynhildr
Main Weapon (Left): Melee Weapon
Main Weapon (Right): Gatling laser
Support Systems: Shield (RHS), Jump Jets, Improved Sensors, Ablative Armor, EMC suit.

Personality & Background

She's relatively serious when around others and while performing her duties, but "lets her hair down" when around just the Queen, or occasionally in small groups.

Her mother, Princess Akkadian of Ninhursag, was taken as wife by one of the Kings knights who was the ruler of the fiefdom Völuspá. He pledged his first born child, as is tradition in his lands, before birth to protect the King's child.

Kára's mother died in child birth and her father died when she was 9. Before he died he remarried and had 2 more children a girl and a boy. The girl Sigrún would inherit the Kingdom.

Up until the time of his death her father had impressed upon her the importance of her duties and how the protection of Ayneira came above all else, including her own life.

Upon her father's death Kára moved to live in the room next to Ayneira's so that the two girls could get to know one another and so that Kára could learn to fulfill her sworn duties.

From a young child she has been trained in various forms of fighting, her specialty is close quarters fighting and she is just as proficient with her own personal blades as with the handling of her Mecha in melee situations.

In some ways Kára and Ayneira are like sisters, as they've grown up together however Kára is always quick to remember what her duty is.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]

Last edited by Feaelen on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JackAce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
@Lope: Thank you, I'll edit that in my files Very Happy

So, you're taking the Defensive Weapon instead of the Missile Pod?

Feaelen wrote:

Main Weapon (right): Melee Weapon

Support Systems: Shield (RHS)

Just noticed this.

Are you really wearing the Melee Weapon and the Shield on the same arm?

EDIT: And how do like my rendition of your Coat of Arms?

I chose to color the flames in copper, although that's not listed in the blazon. Silver flames wouldn't have stood out enough to be recognizable.

Last edited by JackAce on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
JackAce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we now got four players: Tenshi, Tyris, Spin and Fea.

I would like some more, but it doesn't seem like too many folks are in a hurry to join us...

I will contribute a character of my own, but he won't be with the group right from the beginning.

I'm planning to kick off the campaign on July 1. That gives me some time to work on my storyline.

In the meantime, here's a gentleman the characters will get to know rather soon... Ayneira's hopeful suitor:

Feudal Data
Name: Garran
County: Crown Prince of Patroponne
Coat of Arms: Or, a unicorn sable armed and crined gules, on a chief of the second three fleurs-de-lis of the first
Livery: Red and Gold
Personal Melee Weapon: Two Broadswords

Personal Data
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 lb.
Hair Color: Pale Blonde
Eye Color: Grey
Skin Color: White

Mecha Data
Name: Cossack
Main Weapon (right): Melee Weapon
Main Weapon (left): Melee Weapon
Support Systems:
- Centauroid
- Devastator Missile (x2)
- Ablative Armor (x2)

Tyris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We see Garran already has a coat, so here's Kára's...

"Ubi fumus, ibi ignis" translates to "Where there's smoke, there's fire." Not very inspirational, but it ties into the phoenix. Figure you'll choose your own soon enough anyway - stick it in with the changes that need to be made.

On a side note... of the four players so far, two one lost his family, one left it to pledge service directly to the royal family and one managed both... leaving only one knight to have actually been summoned.
Say, you want we should flesh out a personality for Charles and play him as well?

P.S. Another centauroid, eh? Expect an attempt at jousting.

Edit: Ooh, ninja'd at the coat. Now it's on!

Feaelen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tyris thanks for the the coat of arms, i'm actually working on one myself. As for motto i haven't really thought of one yet, but that ones is as good as any for now Wink

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medieval + Mechs = brutal world? I'unno, it's also a very classic story element for trauma. There was a running gag, in the first RPG setting I ever played in (I'll not speak the name of that AOL-based monstrosity...) that there were no more slavers, because everyone's family had died in a slaver attack. So, since there were so many incompetent slavers taking so many (assumedly) partially alive slaves, the trade died out.

'course, then some enterprisingly deviant players re-created the slave trade... That was the start of the elitist/common schism, I think. If you couldn't post at least four lines of text to pick up a glass and take a drink, they couldn't stand to have you in the same room.

Um, but back on topic, I'm looking forward to the game's beginning. We could do a bit more "Gundam" like with the players' mechs, in that they are miraculously powerful and/or lucky?

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
JackAce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyris wrote:
P.S. Spindrifter, are you aware that red on black breaks the Rule of Tincture? Not saying it doesn't look good, though.

Only under the English & French definition.

In German and eastern European heraldry Black is considered to be neither tincture nor metal, allowing it to be combined with either.

Tyris wrote:
On a side note... of the four players so far, two one lost his family, one left it to pledge service directly to the royal family and one managed both... leaving only one knight to have actually been summoned.

There will be a couple of additional Knights present at the palace how have been summoned by the Queen. I will forego detailing these NPC Knights, so if more players choose to join us later on, we can just say they were among those present...

Tyris wrote:
P.S. Another centauroid, eh? Expect an attempt at jousting.

Bring it on! I trust you've already noticed his choice of armaments..?

Feaelen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the 2 coat of arms, they're both cool, but this is more what i was thinking of Very Happy

I realize the shape isn't quite the same, but i like it anyways, and it was the only vector mask that i could find in Photoshop CS3 that was remotely similar. ;P

Oh and if you click on the image it'll take you to the full sized version on my DA page Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: