FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Dream Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Nem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamed of running around trying to stop my father getting on my computer for some reason. Razz
Which makes absolutely no sense since everything important is encrypted with AES 128 anyway.
Was weird though because it was a perfect imagining of my own home so I woke up and up and wondered whether it was real for a few minutes.
- Issa
Virturealm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I have a dream disorder sometimes, rather than just having really really bad recall. It seems like my brain makes attempts to have dreams but, can't seem to maintain coherence for longer than a single scene, often breaking down halfway through the first line of dialouge.

Like this morning, somehow I found myself watching some dystopian police scene with some minority being dragged away for being minority, and thus I offer the obligatory "Well who's next?" line, and then freeze as I struggle to think of an example to use (myself being a part of every majority category in existence) Then, noticing that I'm holding a plate for some reason, I intentionally fumble it, and finish the line "People who are bad with dinnerware?"

Everyone, including the police just stares, and it's quite humiliating, and I start analyzing how that could have gone better, which leads to analyzing everything about the setting thus far, and how little anything makes sense, and the next moment my mind is completely awake, a good three or four hours before my body is ready to move so much as a twitch.
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 *pokes virt*

I have a question for y'all! A common occurance in my dreams is my eyelids getting heavy and me not being able to keep my eyes open. It usually happens over a minute or so, and then I'm left running around my dream blind because I can't open my eyes.

....is this in any way normal? This has happened to me dozens of times, in a variety of different dreams.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tam: I get that fairly often actually... Or I used to. I started using lucid dreaming to cure it. Once I would start to feel drowsy, I would know I was asleep and that it was all a dream... then my subconscious stopped using that to torment me and found new ways. XD

Um, yeah, this dream is definitely rated R.

Last night's dream was kind of odd. I was myself, but I had several handguns on me at all times. I was running around with this young girl, who was singing on stage to a bunch of kids about not doing drugs. Backstage at one of the gigs, she looked up at me and started singing to me, saying not to do drugs and not to hurt so much. Something about she believed in romance...

Then she ran onto stage. A couple guys kicked down the door leading outside, and they were carrying grenade launchers. Don't ask me how, but I managed to shoot down their grenades and then take them out... but when I went over to check them for ID, I was in a different place. Instead of backstage at some concert, I was in a grassy field, and the bodies were gone.

I stood up and looked around, because the colors were all wrong and it felt quite strange. There was a cold wind, and the tall grass was purple. The grassy field was on something of a hill, stretching up to a peak with a large green oak tree. That oak tree, being a recurring theme of safety in my dreams, drew me in. As I ran for the oak tree though, it grew further away until it fell into a sinkhole... or maybe I did, I'm not sure.

Next I found myself tumbling down a narrow shaft, grasping at the sides to try and slow myself down. The sides of the shaft went from dirt, to granite, to tile. About that time, I saw the end coming up, and plunged headfirst into a body of water. Climbing back to the surface I saw that it was a man-made installation, with tile floor to ceiling. I climbed out of the body of water and crept to the only door.

Inside the door was a room with eight levers lining one wall. There was a walkway above the main room, which was all below the door I'd come in through. There were eight platforms on the ground, and eight people on the platforms. Standing near the levers and looking impatient was a man in all black with skeletal black wings. He noticed me, and smiled.

"Oh, you made it. I was afraid I would have to start destroying pieces of you to draw you here."

I raised up the pistol I had used before, a sleek and short weapon using nine millimeter rounds. Keeping both eyes open, I lined up the sights and fired..and fired...and fired, until the entire clip was empty. Once I was done, he sighed and tugged at the holes in his clothes. Then he pulled one of the levers.

One of the platforms opened, and the young girl who had been singing on stage fell into darkness below it. I felt some part of me go cold, and fill up with anger. Leaping from the doorway I was still standing in, I landed in a sprint on the tile walkway above the eight levers. Now I was firing as I ran, using a simple steel gray .45 Auto. The rounds punched through the form again, and he simply sighed and pulled down another lever.

A young man fell through into the darkness this time. He was quiet, looking down, with a very classically bookish appearance. Throwing down the empty .45, I jumped from the walkway again and landed nearly on top of the winged guy in black. We rolled for a few feet, then he jumped off of me and drew out his sword. Not having a sword myself, I just stood there.

Then he told me to wake up, and ran me through. I looked down at the sword and grabbed it with both hands, but when I looked back up I was somewhere else. I was back in the grassy field, but the grass was green this time, and I was standing by the tree. Below me in the field there was a woman, maybe middle-aged, running toward me with her own side-arm.

"I'm sorry, but you have to go now son." she said and fired.

I rolled to the left, away from the tree, and tried to get up again. My knees were broken from the movement, though. I reached down and grabbed my last sidearm (a .357 Magnum Revolver), raising it at her and firing back. She kept running toward me, and dodging my bullets. I tried to dodge hers, but failed more often than not. Once she was on top of me, she took my head in one hand and put her pistol to my temple. She said, "I'm sorry it has to end this way. I love you."

I reached around behind her, pressed my own weapon to the base of her skull, and said "I've wanted to do this all my life." Then I fired, and I watched inside her as the bullet wound it's trail through her skull and back out. The ground opened, and I fell again into the tile room.

This time I was the man in black, with skeletal wings, and I was pulling the levers. This time there was nobody stopping me, and I pulled each one in turn.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I had dream where I was trying to strangle a Grunt, one of the little aliens from Halo.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi, that was creepy cool. =o More interesting than a lot of stories I read.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was more creepy than cool, personally... Embarassed

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamed that I went to a stress therapist, and tried to explain why I have panic attacks whenever I think about driving. He leaned over the lectern and said, "You sweat whenever you get stressed. Stop stressing, and you'll stop sweating."

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Fenomena

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I dream there's one person that keeps popping up. He's tall, skinny, redhaired, pale and has some serious issues with acne. He wears a shabby tophat along with a black coat.
The dreams in which he appears are often strange, since he seems capable of influencing them. He also seems aware that I am dreaming (this all sounds pretty strange, I know XD).

I can't really remember what I dreamed last night, except for one thing he told me. "I'm not stupid, I just like trusting others."
I have to work that into a story somehow...

Keeper of K'Thonya's feet <3

*If I recall that right. Which is highly questionable.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dream was very, very strange, and if anyone actually reads it, you have to not read too much into it, okay? Especially Tamir.

Anyway. It started off pretty cliche, with a princess all but held under house-arrest while her evil stepmother rules the country in her stead. I, being the princess, am at my wit's end. I can't stand by and let my country be torn to bits by the cruelty of the queen, but I'm not in a position to do anything. As it is, I tend to sit in my room and stare at nothing, while the queen's evil cat prances in and out as if he owns it.

One day Tamir walked in to rescue me, because I hadn't been communicating recently and he was worried. At that point I broke down crying because there was so much pent-up emotion. He hovered awkwardly for a moment because he knew that I don't touch guys, then I could practically hear him think, 'the hell with it,' and pulled me into his arms. I proceeded to cry onto his shoulder while he rocked me, and murmured nonsense in my ear. When I'd calmed down, he told me he was going to go get a few things in order, and when he came back, we'd leave. I was apprehensive, because I didn't want to leave my kingdom in the hands of an evil queen, but he was right, and I couldn't do any less than I was doing now. So he left, and I started waiting and growing a backbone.

The queen came by once or twice to hover menacingly, with her evil orange cat twining around her feet, but it didn't bother me as much anymore. Once the cat slid in underneath my door to spy out my window - it overlooked the driveway and the sidewalk, and had the best view of both - so that it could watch for Tamir's return. Think the original Rapunzel story and what the witch did to the prince. That's what the queen wanted to do to Tamir. Well I didn't want that to happen, so I started screaming at the cat. Don't come in here, you can't do that, this is my room, stop spying, you're so cruel, how dare you! The cat just flicked his mangy tail at me and went back to staring out the window. I grabbed it around the neck and started strangling it, beating it, yelling at it, and eventually got it on the other side of the door. Then it started pushing back under the doorjamb. It got stuck, and started peeing all over the place to make itself thinner. I started kicking its head, pushing at it, anything to stop it from coming in, but it did anyway, and I grabbed it again. The cat got a gleam in it's eye, and I told it that if it started peeing again, it would regret it. It did anyway. I think I beat it into unconsciousness that time.

Then Tamir came back and we left. We went to his house in Boston, where he proposed. I accepted, but I didn't know what my mother would think - she hadn't really approved of my last choice either. Tamir told me I should stay at his house for Shabbos (with his whole family nodding behind his back), and I would be able to get back to Jerusalem in time for school Sunday morning. I was so relieved to just be out from under the queen's eye, and back with Tamir's family. My mother and brother we there and expressed disapproval, so I showed them the tunnel and pathway which would lead me right back to the Old City. I spent a lovely Shabbos with Tamir, cuddling on the couch and being happy for the first time in years.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD

Darnit, why can't I be the hero in my own dreams?!
Asa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you've got self-image problems, just like me.

Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I'll take what I can get. =)
Asa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...?

Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the hero in someone else's dream is better than never being the hero. ^_^;;

By the way, have I told you that you once appeared as an angel in one of my dreams? (Ha, revenge!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: