FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Dream Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream last night that I was on my way from somewhere to somewhere (I know neither location) on the train and had a connection in a French town. It was a very beautiful place, in the south I'd guess from the looks of it, with lots of history and ruins and lovely street cafes. Very idyllic. I had some time to kill and so went into a visitor centre for the major ruin of the town. I think it was originally a large country house but all you could see now were the marble foundations in the layout and the garden, which had been kept immaculate. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The white marble made stark patterns against the grass which had grown up around it and small fountains played their melodies amongst the vibrant flower beds. There was also a hot house and exotic butterflies like delicate jewels flitting through the air. I ran into a party of people there and felt that I knew them, although I couldn't tell you who they were and the whole time I saw things which made me feel close to my family. It was such a beautiful dream, and in amongst all the various strains on my calm it made me feel safe and close to the people I care most about.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamed about Usa last night. I should have posted this earlier, because now I can't remember what he was doing.

Directing some project, I think.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed of a young woman from Vancouver who went camping in the mountains to the east of the city with her dog. She didn't have a name in the dream, but for clarity I'll call her Rachel. There she found a deep cavern at the top of a mountain leading down into the hillside. The floor had been paved with stone, which was odd, so she investigated further.

The cave led downwards in a series of concentric rings. There was an opening at the very top of the cave that let in enough light to see. Towards the bottom, as she was jumping from one ledge down to the next, one of the paving stones shifted under her feet and clattered down the rest of the way into the deepest, centermost part of the cave. Her dog chased after it, and then bright lights burst out of the cracks in the paving stones at the center of the cave, and a deep rumbling began. The girl scrambled for shelter behind a pillar of stone as loose stones began to rattle down from above. Then the floor split open, the stones in the center just dropping into a bright yellow-orange light underneath them, and then a giant winged demon woman climbed out. She said something in a language that Rachel didn't recognize clearly but which sounded vaguely norse. Then the demon laughed, spread her wings, and flew away through the hole at the top of the cavern.

Looking around a bit further, Rachel discovered an abandoned room with a skeleton lying in a bed, and a book on the table near it. She looked at the book, and didn't know the language. But as she looked at it longer, she started recognizing words, and more words, then whole sentences, until in a matter of minutes she could read the whole thing.

It was a diary. It gave an account of how some great Viking warriors from Iceland had subdued a terrible demoness in battle, but were unable to destroy her. So instead, they imprisoned her, loaded her into a ship, and sailed to Vinland. There they crossed many miles of terrain until they found a suitable cave, where they imprisoned her. One member of the crew was left behind to guard the cave, and the others departed just as rapidly as they could. He wrote the diary. But as he grew older, he came to realize that they'd been dreadfully shortsighted, and that once he was gone there would be nothing to prevent some idiot from bumbling in and releasing the demoness. So he enspelled the diary to do two things. First, it would make the next person to touch it capable of reading it. And second, it would lay a geas on that person to guard the demoness. There the diary ended. The rest of the book was a book of magic spells.

Rachel was decidedly pissed at this, and decided the best way to fix it was to learn Old Norse and then travel back in time to find those idiot Vikings and get them to form a whole colony to guard the cave, not just one dude. Fortunately the magic book contained a time travel spell, so she went ahead and did so.

It gets a bit hazy at that point -- I remember having to translate her dialogue in my head while I was asleep, though I don't know Old Norse so it actually came out in Anglo Saxon. Anyway, she successfully persuaded the Vikings to establish a colony around the cave, only to then realize that by getting the Vikings to settle permanently in the North American mainland, she had irrevocably altered the time stream, and might not ever have been born.

She was too scared to travel back to the future to find out whether she still existed. So she spent the rest of her life living in a Viking settlement near what would have been Vancouver if it hadn't been settled by Vikings in the middle ages.

Then the dream segued into something else I don't remember clearly about a prison break and cheap baubles from India. ^_^
Magus Gar Kan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I dreamed that I was going through my morning routine. Everything was perfectly normal, even my usual procrastination. the only clue to it being a dream was that it was really dark out, like a winter morning rather than spring.

Then I woke up...and ended up being late to class.
Who knows, might have been a memory.

"Nothing is predictable in regards to humans, save for their infuriating ability to do the unexpected."

I'm not dead, just lurking and very very tired.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamed about a ghost. I was with my sister and mother (dream-family, not real), and my sister was printing out photos on a picture-printer. She sort of yelped and said, "There's a woman who looks like you!" The first thing I saw when I looked at the picture was an iguana's head poking out from the edge of picture, and half-hidden behind it was a woman with dark hair and thick eyebrows, head tilted back as if she was screaming. She was wearing a white shirt and a blue shawl. She did look sort of like me, though her nose may have been a bit bigger. It was hard to tell, since the photo was blurry. The second picture was of her sitting on a day bed in a bare white room, brightly lit, with a single window above the bed. Again, her head was tilted back and she looked like she was screaming. We knew it was our house, but we couldn't tell where - we didn't have a room like that. Then my sister recognized it as the sunroom, stripped bare, and she decided to go find this ghost woman.

We went back to my room to search my closet for gear. I knew I had a sword in there, but since it's a bit messy, we had to dig. I found the sword, and she found a cross to protect herself. As we were leaving, I grabbed a bracelet with a magen david on it, to protect myself. I was very nervous, but it had taken so long to find this gear that the potential fear had sort of worn off. Out to the back porch we went, and there she was, sitting in one of our lawn chairs. There was a little black dog running around in the yard.

I pet the dog as we chatted - she wasn't scary at all. She'd lived here before, and came back to check on it every so often. We didn't mention the photographs, because we knew that would have been a bad idea. At one point her dog sort of faded out as he ran across the yard, and she said that was the signal she would be fading soon too. We said our goodbye and watched as she disappeared. And that was that.

As time passed, I became closer to this woman, sneaking out to the back porch and bringing her food or conversation. At one point she asked for a pad of paper and a pen, but I couldn't find paper, so I brought her a box of matza instead. My family disapproved of me consorting with ghosts, but she was extremely nice and had lots of stories.

My dog woke me up at five, interrupting the dream, but when I went back to sleep I kept dreaming it. one scene was of Hagar the Horrible yelling at Lucky Eddie, because all his stuff was in a pile on the barren wastes. The pool cue wasn't there, but the table was, along with his chairs and the hill from on top of his house. It was all things I'd brought the ghost woman.

One part was me as a shoe-shop owner, selling to all different types of people, waiting to get back to my ghost friend. I remember reaching out to touch her shoulder, and my hand went right through it, which I wasn't expecting. I mean, I touched her dog!

So yes. That was my dream, and it was a lot more clear six hours ago when I first woke up.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed about an old man who worked in a library by day and managed a 7-11 by night. He was actually an Ent, but had concealed his tree-ness by splitting into his tree half and his human half and leaving the tree half growing outside the 7-11.

The details are getting hazy, but he wound up trying to turn a young woman into a tree in order to keep himself alive longer. I'm not sure why that would help, but in the dream it would have.

Except that the young lady turned out to be a dryad who didn't know she was a dryad, so turning her into a tree didn't have the effect he wanted. The Ent-guy explained to her that dryadism is actually a blood-borne parasite, so it's possible to become a dryad by getting exposed to the blood of a carrier. The young woman replied that she had had a boyfriend previously who really really liked trees, and one night when they were tipsy they both went and got tattoos on their backs, and she thought the tattoo artist (who was also drunk) might not have cleaned his needles properly after finishing with her boyfriend and starting on her.

There was a sub-plot then involving a bunch of young hooligans dressed up in skeleton costumes running around and leaving graffiti on things. One got caught and afflicted with a pain spell which the Ent healed.

Things got kind of disjointed after that, but the young dryad woman established a tree for herself near the 7-11 and took over the management position. And then the Ent guy lost his day job at the library, and was looking for a place to die.

Then I woke up for a minute, dozed back off, and segued into a separate dream which I can't remember. ^_^
Asa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally had a dream that I remembered enough to write down. Here goes, it's a bit long (of course)

Quote:
I dreamed about a society where groups of girls fight in tournament, using the elements as their magical attacks. The arena is underground, beneath an old abandoned courthouse, and they get to it by going down the main staircase. As one such group entered, Wind saw that the whole place was booby-trapped by a Hunter and his apprentice, hoping to capture on of the fighters. Wind promised to stop and clear the place out, to make it safe for others to go through the main way. Her other three partners went around the back.

Wind cleared it out, then booby-trapped it herself, for the Hunter and his apprentice. Her traps caught fish, and she watched in satisfaction as lackeys and apprentice disappeared, went tumbling, and were generally defeated. She also easily beat the Hunter himself, and made one last sweep of the building before rejoining her team. She was running late, but it wouldn't be that bad. Just as she was about to leave, a man and his son entered, holding a notebook. Wind was in a hurry to leave, and when the man tried to get her to sign up for a volunteer effort, she scrawled her real name and left. But then man started laughing, and revealed himself to be the richest man in the city, ruthless and merciless, and by signing her real name, Wind had basically signed a contract. She fled.

The man chased her, but she slipped down through an air vent into one of the stands, hoping to blend in. The man and his son blasted through the outer wall of the arena complex and started circling the arena itself, looking through the windows to find Wind. She was shaking horribly, terrified of capture. The man and his son seemed to zero in on her, inexorably approaching her location. Soon, they were right behind her. Just as they blasted through the window, she jumped out and into the area floor, where her team surrounded her. They gave her support while she gathered herself for the coming battle, but they couldn't help her fight. By signing her name, knowingly or not, she had signed a contract and the only way out was to physically defeat him, one to one.

The man landed in the arena and the glowing boundary lines lit up, signaling the start of the battle. The man grinned. Wind suddenly got very angry, more than she ever had been before, and screamed. The sound ripped through the arena, and she screamed again and again. The Warrior's Scream gave her strength and courage, and the battle was joined. But it wasn't enough. Her most powerful attacks didn't affect him for very long, and his sent her to her knees with every blow. Eventually Wind couldn't gather the energy for another attack, and the man's son swooped in to snap a lead onto her fighting collar. She was captured. Wind screamed again and fought the lead, but it was no use. There was dead silence in the arena and Wind's team looked on sadly as she was lead out.

That was the bulk of it. There were some more details that added to the realism, but I tried to pare it down to the essentials. Since I slept in this morning, I had a chance to continue the dream past it's natural point of death, and this is what I dreamed.

Quote:
Wind expected to see a jail cell or something similar at her destination, but instead she was lead to a plain bed, unmade, in the same room as that of the man and his son. The room was a mess, but at least her bed was cleared off. She took off her glasses and ignored the man who was trying to talk to her, and eventually he went away.

The next day some of the other fighters, including Wind's squad, braved the lion's den to visit Wind. They weren't giving up on her, even if she had, and the man let her go out, with a curfew. Wind couldn't get excited about it. She was still captured, and always would be, no matter what it looked like. They tried to convince her to run away, but she refused, saying that she would rather have a bed than a jail cell. The man had complete control, and there was no use in fighting him now. Wind didn't believe that the others still respected her - after all, she had failed. But her team loudly objected to this, saying that she had risen to the place of highest regard in their ranks. Not only had she cleared out the booby traps using her powers, she had fought and defeated the Hunter and his lackeys, then fought the man to a standstill. No other fighter in the tourney could have done as much as she had, and they all thought her powers might have been the highest any had seen for a long, long time. The rest of them were biding their time until they could break her out. Wind glanced morosely at the edge of the field where she could make out the man waiting gravely for her curfew to hit, and shook her head. To her, escape seemed impossible.

Yeah... the end. It was kind of depressing for me too.

Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream was very short (especially in comparison to the majority of this thread), but I have almost no vivid dreams, so I thought it was interesting.

There was a woman with ice blue eyes and hair that was about the palest color I can still see as blond instead of white. She looked overly focused on something inside her head, and what she spared for me appeared to be vague interest and maybe a little anger. She was sitting in a metal cylinder with her legs crossed, and her shirt was white, though I have no idea whether it was a blouse or a T-shirt. That was all just image, so taken in in about half a second.
She then said: "Cars are isolated rooms with a long distance to the next person."

I then woke up, terrified. Out of curiosity, any thoughts on why? It seemed to be fear of being physically hurt, and she didn't actually look all that physically imposing... Maybe just the isolation 'threat'?

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno Wren, it happens that way sometimes. I had a dream that was slightly similar once. A woman with pale hair who terrified me for no apparent reason. She was trying to talk to me but when she got too close it was like I was being burned. Dreams are strange.
UFAlien

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wren, you know a Hollywood screenwriter is going to read that and turn it into an Amityville Horror sequel, right?

Okay, with that out of the way...

I had a dream last week that involved a jet airplane, and vending machines, and races, and lava. Not all at once. I don't remember too much... mostly that I was eating a salad on the airplane, and the kid in front of me wanted it, and I'm like "No. This is my salad."

And I was trying to get something out of a vending machine, but I always grabbed some other, disgusting flavor by accident and I was running out of money.

And two kids on a mountain were making "avalanches" out of some white powders, and when the powders mixed it made an instant lava flow.

Now excuse me, I've got to reserve tickets for Amityville Part XI: Cars and Creepy Chicks.

Dubbed Loofah by Asa
UFAlien = UFA = oofah = Loofah
Rechaana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I don't dream that much, but there is one particularly vivid one from a while ago.
Back when I was a wee child, I had a dream that there was a giant white spider (the size of a car) on our screen porch. I went to the kitchen and told my dad, who seemed remarkably chill about it. He picked up the pizza cutter and walked out to the porch. I emerged several minutes to see many severed spider legs decorating the screen porch.

Dubbed Rachel by Asa
rechaana = Rech = Rach = Rachel
unimportant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream that I was sort of in a broadway musical, but it was more or less like I was living it. And I was a woman, married to this guy who was like a big business guy from like 1910-1920, and he had these two goons who followed him around but they were good people. He, on the other hand, was a bad, shady, gang-type person.

My husband had to other people that worked from him named Jeremy and Paul, and both of them fell in love with me (pretentious, but it wasn't really me so much as me as the character). We went around the world on adventures. But my husband became more controlling and abusive, while I fell more in love with Paul (who was kind of like Demitri from Anastasia, come to think of it.)

Finally my husband became aware of what was going on, and jealous, so he locked Paul, Jeremy, and the two goons in a basement and started flooding it with water. But I found them and let them out. Then my husband found me and was going to shoot me, but Jeremy shot him, then he shot Jeremy, and they both died. I was very sad, but then Paul came and we got married and took over all my husband's assets and kept going on adventures around the world with the two goons.

There were lots of dance numbers and songs, one of them we called "Bring Home the Bacon" I remember, and I've been humming it all day. God, it was a stupid dream though. Like a soap opera.
Magus Gar Kan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an odd dream, one that has many similarities to others I've had.

I'm always on my way somewhere, usually driving, however when I reach the big curve on the expressway near my home traffic grinds to a halt.

I always think I'm going to be late to where I'm going, in this case work, so I decide to walk.

At this point I somehow will always end up near my old highschool. (odd because it is nowhere near the expressway) and I just wander around a familiar, but wrongly layed out campus. In this particular dream, there was neck deep snow on the ground, though it wasn't cold. After a time I just wake up.

It seems most of my dreams revolve around alglamations of buildings I was familiar with as a child, and winter or at least nighttime.

"Nothing is predictable in regards to humans, save for their infuriating ability to do the unexpected."

I'm not dead, just lurking and very very tired.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed that I got a phone call from the YWAM base in Jerusalem.

*sigh* Wishful thinking. It's been three wees and still no email. u_u
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been re-reading bits of this thread. Some of you have absurdly awesome dreams ^_^

First dream I've had in a while now. Bit strange but thought I'd write it down anyway.

I was travelling through a forest hunting some people and then went in a cave, (after them,) knowing full well that the cave would trigger a capture event. You know like the bit in a film where you go 'I know what's coming next here....' Got in the cave and got my gun up before they could close, shot one of the people trying to capture me; but they were immune to bullets.

Said people imprisoned me by tying me to a wall but failed to notice an absurdly sharp penknife when they tied me up. Or the growing pile of bodies around my feet where people had tried to interrogate me. Somehow I had a radio in my head that kept updating me on the mission objectives as the people I was after came along and tried to interrogate me too.

Except for a major who for some reason was immune to the consequences of having his carotid artery opened. I mean you could still see the knife going through his neck, and it was hurting him, there just wasn't any let off. You know how people go all weak when you open up something important? They don't clop it straight away, most of the time, but they do lose a lot of strength/dexterity fairly quickly.

Cue a: What are you?! Moment and much fistcuffery. And by fistcuffery I mean he beat me senseless and I woke up. <_<

Odd dream, I wouldn't mention it but for the fact it was the first in a while and I wanted to bump the thread Razz
- Issa
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: