FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Summer Movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:

Spoiler: And Shia being Indy's son? Does anybody else think that's a set up for a new series of Indy films with him as the star?

Didn't everybody already know that? I think somebody told me before I'd seen a single commercial. They were like: "Did you hear they're making a new Indy Movie? Shia Le'Buff is Indy's son. Isn't that lame?"

My brother liked Hancock, but he said it was wierd. My cousin saw it too, and he said it sucked. I'm still planning on watching it, though.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
RoseBlood

Location: Gallifrey. . . (Before the Time Wars. Duh- I time- traveled to get here.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD. And who's to say that wierd is wrong? The best things in life are wierd. And yes, I'm pretty sure everyone DOES know that he's the next in line. But after all the diferent movies and shows he's been in, this new title is probably the most ironic.

* "Isn't the world just irony, bad puns, and reality TV?" -I'll never forget you, Arthur. Lord only knows why.*
'I want you, bleeders......'
Dark Mirf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Indy movie was too predictable. I knew right from the moment Shia's character showed up who he was. Meh. And what's with space aliens? Lucas must've been smoking pots. O_o
Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Tin, you should see Cars. Not the top of Pixar films, but still Pixar quality and has some pretty good moments to it. Smile
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding? o_0 I thought Cars was their worst. At the very least, the plot was identical to (another bad movie called) Doc Hollywood. I got almost no enjoyment out of Cars, and I love pixar. Confused
Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the plot is so generic that you could find dozens of movies like it Squee is sure. But that doesn't make it bad. Just not top notch. Again, not among their best, but certainly a cut above other non-Pixar movies.

Besides, what Squee liked most was how far they took the car theme...There was some good scenery moments in there Smile Ridiculous, but it worked well.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Cars was a decent film but there wasn't anything special about it. Though my cousin absolutly loves the movie. (He's four) I've always thought that Atlantis was an under rated disney movie.

And I'm going to see Wall E on Saturday. Yay!
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to throw in on the absurdity of the Indiana Jones movie. If you look back at the time period they were portraying, it makes perfect sense. The original movies were set in, what? The 20's and 30's? They dealt with the "fad paranormal event" of the period, which escapes me for the moment. My father explained all this to me, which made it all make more sense. I should ask him again...

Anyway, this new movie is set in the 1950's. Roswell? The 1950's were HUGE on aliens, so the movie just kind of took the culture of the period and used that as it's focus.

I think it's more that aliens have been beaten to death as a paranormal topic, not just that it was done poorly. In my opinion, the aliens were done incredibly well, I think by far the coolest aliens I've seen in movies for a long time.

I actually rather liked the Indie movie this time through... Anyone who's trying to overevaluate the movie and determind how good of a movie it is, is missing the whole point of an Indie movie. The previous three barely took themselves seriously, they were loaded with irreverent humor! This one was no different. It was a perfect return to the old style of Indie movies.

Actually, my only complaint is that Indie didn't use his whip more often. And maybe some more cracks about his age would have been funny...

BTW, Cars is a good movie. It's not Pixar's top movie, but it's a solid film with a solid plot, and it's (as with everything Pixar does) executed beautifully. It's loaded with moments of humor, irony, and most importantly it's loaded with heart. Good movie...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it funny how we all compare Pixar's movies with Pixar's movies. It's as if they've created their own little bubble where other movies don't exist.

I agree with Squees review 100%.

I am going to see the Dark Knight on opening night. To make things even better, the trailer for The Watchmen is being shown!!!!!!
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say in light of this:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/09/2298752.htm
The Indiana Jones movie could be incredibly funny. Wink
- Issa
RoseBlood

Location: Gallifrey. . . (Before the Time Wars. Duh- I time- traveled to get here.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've always thought that Atlantis was an under rated disney movie.

I totally agree. I ADORE Atlantis- though I have yet to see the sequel. I'm told it's fairly *ahem* stupid.
'I want you, bleeders......'
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, they usually are. I haven't seen it either.

You know what I just realised? With the release of Wall E I completly forgot about Kung Fu Panda.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love and adore Atlantis. <3

While I thought in our time period the alien theme was overdone, I did get the reference to the time fad. I also appreciated how they made the bad guys Russian to reflect the Cold War and the Red Scare. Though I still think that refrigerator stunt was waaaay over the top

Batman tonight! I'm going to be soooo tired, I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake the whole time - 2:30-3 am's generally my crashing point. . .
Squeeself

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
Though I still think that refrigerator stunt was waaaay over the top

Of course it was. That's why it was the best part of the movie. It was the only part of the movie where they weren't taking the movie too seriously Razz All the other corniness and cheese, while intentional, just didn't have that same "what if awesome happened?" as the refrigerator. The good parts of the original Indies were the same way; take the cheesiness and add "what if something cool happened" rather than adding cheesiness to what they thought was a serious plot Razz

Hence why the new one isn't as good (but Temple of Doom is still the worst because they took themselves completely seriously there).

On another note, Hawk from Applegeeks reportedly says Heath Ledger pulled off Joker in Dark Knight. We'll see, but that should give ya some hope Lady Smile
theBSDude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of Indie, I'm sure most of you know this, but shooting the swordsman in Lost Ark was an ad-lib by Ford 'cause he was too tired to film the scripted fight.
If only that had happened in Firewall....

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: