FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Summer Movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Tomato

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Prince Caspian as well. I enjoyed it, but the romantic deviation from the books between the Prince and Susan was needless, though not unexpected or unadorable. I actually had something of a crush on her back when the first movie came out, so, this is kinda awkward for me either way.

Iron Man was fun, a bit predictable, but a good frolick.

I'm looking forward to one movie this summer: Wall-e.

That's it.

Why?

I absolutely devour anything Pixar makes.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unimportant wrote:

2. Stargate SG-1 and National Treasure called, they want their plot points and sets back.

XD That's what I was thinking. It was still fun, though I think anyone who hasn't seen the other ones would think it was terrible. I liked how they inserted little allusions to the past movies. My sister nearly crushed my hand when they went into that warehouse "That looks like where they put the Ark in the first one!" Which I haven't seen, but even I got it because she's told me about it. Did anyone else think Kate Blanchett's accent was absolutely horrible? In the beginning of the movie she couldn't even keep it up.
There's more than a few eye-rolling scenes, but it's still enjoyable.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got in this minute from watching Indiana Jones. I don't know what to say. It was...something...I enjoyed watching it for the most part, though my enjoyment was lessened somewhat by the small child sat directly behind me who had the inability to be quiet for five minutes.
It was funny and the action scenes were very cool, I absolutly hated the scene with the ants though, a thing like that can ruin a movie for me. And Unimportant, I agree with you completly, what were they thinking with that ending?

Spoiler: And Shia being Indy's son? Does anybody else think that's a set up for a new series of Indy films with him as the star?

One last thing to add, I finally saw an advert for Batman with the Joker in it, Lady's right, there was no manical villanyess, maybe they're saving that for the movie though.
iheartearthsong

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my parents went to see Indy last night. My mom said it was just a fun movie, but my papa was grumbling all over the place about the bad: storyline, acting, actors, plot devices, aliens, predictability, etc. Take your pick, I got more. But, for all that, I still want to see it. How does Hollywood draw us into stuff like that!? I'm telling you man, it's some sort of conspiracy! jk. But seriously, how do they do it? Question
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:

It was funny and the action scenes were very cool, I absolutly hated the scene with the ants though, a thing like that can ruin a movie for my

spoiler: And Shia being Indy's son? Does anybody else think that's a set up for a new series of Indy films with him as the star?

Well, the ant scene is actually possible, though not with that sort of speed, and not the dragging into the ant hill. The Amazon does have some killer ants. Literally.

And I would kill Hollywood if that happened. They wouldn't. . .would they?
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu Wrote:

Quote:
And I would kill Hollywood if that happened. They wouldn't. . .would they?

This is Hollywood we're talking about, they have no standards and no morals.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very true.
iheartearthsong

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must also agree. But I'm confused. What happened with the ants? I obviously haven't seen the movie yet, but I don't really care if I hear spoilers. I'm just to dissapointed. Crying or Very sad
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw UIndy today, and I have to say that I was very dissapointed....
Like we need more Harisson Ford movies with Aliens in 'em....
not to say I don't like Harisson Ford or aliens, though....I adore SW...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Indy last night and it took a lot of effort, but I managed to suspend my disbelief for 2 1/2 hours and as a result it was a thoroughly ridiculous film! Fun though. My friend hasn't seen any Indy films before and she didn't get a lot of it.
I have two mild phobias, ants and stairs. THIS FILM HAD BOTH!! Not happy! But apart from that I thought it was pretty ok really.
I was quite impressed with Mr. TheBeef, he wasn't as awful as I thought he would be!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Virturealm

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last few weeks I've seen more movies than I have I think in the last year, due to hanging out with a certain group more often, who are significantly more enthusiastic about such things than I am.

Iron Man was pretty awesome, but the big fight scene seems very forced (cool enough though). Indy was...okay. Seriously, how many times can the SAME enemy party catch up to the heroes, pop up behind everyone and take everyone hostage AGAIN. About halfway through I should have started spouting Spanish Inquisition lines. Seems kinda like the whole thing is nothing but a series of daring escapes, and everything else in the movie was just designed to lead into the next escape scene. And from the point where they step into the throne room on, nothing in the plot makes sense.

SPOILS: As soon as they walked into the treasure room you know that the building was coming down. Why? Because it's a rule. The final temple has to get blown to hell for to make another daring escape, and Indy never gets the treasure. Now you consider that the whole place is run by apparantly benevolent, art and science loving psychic aliens. Who inexplicably feel the need to destroy everything they ever built or collected, kill everyone who helped to save them, including their fellow science people who they seem to bond with, and except for the villain who I guess gets to travel the omniverse with them, which is awesome.

Speed Racer though, was amazing. Pure fun. How could anyone not love that? I'm PRETTY sure it had John Goodman battling ninjas armed with full on anime special effects, and the worst pun in the universe. Okay it's a tad campy, but that's how all awesome things work. And of course, it's pretty much the most visual movie I've ever seen.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince Caspian totally rocked. Bit awkward between him and Susan, but wicked all the same.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
unimportant

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virturealm wrote:
About halfway through I should have started spouting Spanish Inquisition lines.

Now that you mention it, I'm highly disappointed that no one has done that yet XD

SPOILER:I know what you mean in regards to "why would they wreck their big collection" thing. But I dunno, maybe they just REALLY don't like it when Russian chicks demand to learn all their secrets. It's like their trigger word or something.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler: Or maybe they actually gave her all the knowledge, and the power of it caused her to disintegrate. I hold to that opinion personally. And I think the treasure room was only ever temporary - kind of like a hobby when you're really bored. And then oops! They died, and suddenly it wasn't fun anymore, so they high-tailed it out of there.

Spanish inquisition lines would have been fun. My sister might have done it too if it had occurred to her - but she was too big of an Indy fan to do anything but crush my hand and occasionally roll her eyes. And I was too busy pointing out improbabilities to her to even think of it (and I'm too dense to make witty comments during movies). I'm sure someone, somewhere has done it.
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Indy movie today. To appreciate the action scenes I found that I had really block any thoughts that said, 'this couldn't happen.' The monkey scene with Shia broke that suspension for me. As did the scene with Indy and the fridge.

Did anyone notice the man that plays the Janitor from Scrubs early in the movie? It reminded me of Jack Black in King Kong, I kept expecting him to make jokes.

Over-all, I thought it was ok.
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: