FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

In the Beginning...

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: In the Beginning... Reply with quote

This is what I've been writing instead of the WG. It was murder to write, and it's not very good, and it's 15 pages double spaced, and it's up on fictionpress. *dies* It still needs a few edits, but I should finish it by today. Since it's due today.

Please read it and let me know what you think of it. Tamtam, you'll recognize it from last year, and possible some others of you, though I don't know.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2605650/1/In_the_Beginning

{{Song that's stuck in my head at the moment: Shirat Hasticker. >_<}}

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, but....it's so short! =O The beginning isn't there, and nothing after they reach the palace, and, and, and....

Well.

Better than nothing, I guess. XD But I kinda wanted to read this in its entirety, you know? You better write the whole thing out someday.

And by the way, that's not a great translation for the sticker song. >_> "Hakol biglalcha" means "all because of you," not "all for you", for instance. That's a huge difference!
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I write it? No. I just linked it. Feel free to change the link to something better, Mr. Mod-Powers!

Yeah, I know, but the limit was between 10 and 20 pages, I couldn't find the whole 'palace destroyed' sequence, and my professor is not one to appreciate the finer points of fantasy, so I tried to tone it down. Also, the full length version isn't complete in my head anyway.

Like I said, chapter one!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Written Word All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: