FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Yet Another Movie Thread

Squeeself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Yet Another Movie Thread Reply with quote

Couldn't find the previous movie thread, and it's pretty darn old by now anyway, so we'll avoid necromancy and start a new one.

Squee just watched Speed Racer actually. Squee never really cared about watching it (especially since Squee never really liked the original series), but someone recommended it recently, and since Squee makes a habit of watching movies that show of the state of computer graphics, well, Squee decided to go ahead.

And...Squee was pleasantly surprised. Not a great movie, but definitely an enjoyable one. And definitely a lot of eye candy. A bunch of directorial stuff got on my nerves, but Squee was mostly paying attention to the effects, colors, etc. Was definitely fun to watch all that. Of course, now Squee's eyes are bleeding from all the vivid color...

The movie plot and such wasn't too bad either, which is what Squee was surprised with. Squee would actually recommend people seeing it if they haven't. A fun, enjoyable movie.

Also, been watching a bunch of Disney recently...like, classic stuff. Jumping around a bit. Saw Sleeping Beauty, and Lion King. Also watched Finding Nemo again. Smile Mostly just waiting for Wall-E to come out on DVD so Squee can watch that one. Smile

So...more movies people have been watching recently?
electricpanda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Burn After Reading the other night. It was kind of weird. It was funny, yes, and thrilling, yes, but the characters were singularly horrible (played by fantastic actors, too) and I wanted them to die. Which they did.

And my sister rented a bunch of classic rom coms while I was out watching it. I groaned.

Who's ready to see the Twilight movie? It doesn't come out here for another month, but I have friends and a lolgun at the ready!
Fenomena

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend I saw Wall-E for the second time and I already want to go to the cinema again. I'm in love with that movie...the first 3D-animated movie I don't consider to be slightly annoying.

There were plotholes, yes, and some of the jokes were a bit worn-out, but the whole atmosphere (that music *____*) and the brilliant designs really made up for that.

My absolute favourite is the beginning-scene. That contrast between the optimistic song out of "Hello Dolly", a completely destroyed and lifeless earth and the hopeless tunes Thomas Newman composed for this scene ("2815 A.D.") is ironic, it really gives me goosebumps.

Keeper of K'Thonya's feet <3

*If I recall that right. Which is highly questionable.
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have been indulging in some regression in terms of watching classic Disney. On VHS no less! I have about 20 classic Disney films and constantly prowl charity shops for more ^_^

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: