FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard - OOC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck knows how long my little verbal quirks will last. Like typing accents, i suspect that they might peter out after a few posts. We shall see.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bother, did I get bottom page'd?
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 889

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you did Wink I hate it when that happens, but someone's gotta be last!

Anyhow, I was intending that Ailurin had run back into the abdite fortress after having spotted the figure, but I wasn't particularly clear about that, so my bad definitely.

Also, again my bad, the Sapphire guard can't see too much out of their abdite fortress, it's largely covered in lichens and shrubs and a bit of dirt so as to blend in with the rest of the tundra - it'd stick out horribly otherwise. They have a few "windows" of clear spots.

Anyhow, I can definitely work with Ailurin and Dimble hiding in the tundra, so no worries!

[edit: I'm not sure how Cochinell is talking to Ailurin, since I was under the impression that they were relatively far away from the fortress and hidden to boot. So.... I'm going to hold off posting until I'm sure what's going on]
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't your post Lady - that was fine, and it gve us a good chance for introductions.

What I was pointing out was that there was bunnying, both of NPCs and player characters, both of which are against the rules. People ie players kind of need to be careful in the character interactions, and it has kind of ninja'd other characters out of a proper intro.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenna wrote:
Let the others decide where and how to introduce themselves. I know we're all really eager to get into things, but you've basically ninja'd the rest of the group out of an intro. Others are going to have a difficult time posting til the posts have been edited.


Indeed! And it's not so much the bunnying that's giving me problems but the timeline.

Fool, you have skipped way too much action that would have occurred before we'd find Dimble trudging through the mud.

I would have expected that our actions start he moment Ailurin came in bearing the news of th mysterious flyer. First, we'd have some discussion what to do about it. At this time, Dimble might pull his "Lone Ranger" stunt and walk out while the rest of us were still debating.

And even after he left, I would have liked to have some time to prepare Lilith for the trek out into the wild (this would be part of my character introduction: Her pre-mission preparations).

The way you have commandeered the storyline, any actions we were to post while still in the abdite fortress ould now be out of continuity, because I recon by the time Dimble spots the flyer, all the rest of us ought to be at least on our way to catch up with him...
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 889

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we could do is have Space delete his post perhaps (sorry!!!) and have it that Ailurin was sent back out after Dimble and the rest are still in the fort. That way everyone can still have their intros?

Any other thoughts?
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be perfectly happy to have the whole lot deleted, back to the beginning. It seems much more sensible to wait inside before leaping out to confront/meet the oncoming figure.

And I can already tell that this set of rules is going to take some serious getting used to. It's been a while since I last played an RPG, but when I did NPCs were basically common property, and writing dialogue for other PCs was standard operating procedure. A big part of the fun was dealing with what the other players handed you. So, I'm sorry for "bunnying", and I'll try to avoid it in future. It just seems weird to me not to.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, now that we've go this discussion present, I would support going back to the beginning and letting everyone get a second shot. You're welcome to delete my post if that is necessary, Lady.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinalles wrote:
I'd be perfectly happy to have the whole lot deleted, back to the beginning. It seems much more sensible to wait inside before leaping out to confront/meet the oncoming figure.

This is of course the most radical of options.

But I would actually prefer it too.

Let's start over from the beginning (the real beginning). If Fool still wants Gimble to move out early, he's free to do so. But he should actually move out (and give the rest of us a chance to try and stop him) instead of simply announcing his arrival at what he deems to be the location of the current encounter.


Remember that this is not a colaborative storytelling project. It's a Role Playing Game. Each player plays their own role. Nothing more and nothing less. And the way the story is currently presented, most of us have been screwed out of a prime opportunity to play our roles appropriately.
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, I'd just recommend post editing, but since the gun has been rather thoroughly jumped and the majority of us are leaning towards a clean restart, I'll vote for a clean restart as well.

It'll probably be easier for everyone to get in their introduction and character interactions as well.

Will we be starting off from the Sapphire Fortress this time?
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 889

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's how everyone feels, that's fine with me, but I'm going to leave it as is until Res.Fool gets on here to weigh in on the issue and has a chance to save his already made posts for later if he'd like.

lol... ah, my first foray into rpg politics! (j/k)
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lady - In the games I've been in before, I've found that the safest way to set a scene is to be just a bit more specific when answering the whens and wheres. You don't have to specifically state the exact location of each character, but a comment like "everyone else is at the base as Ailurin returns to report what he's seen" Gives people a more structured idea of where people are, and at what point in the timeline they're starting.

@ Tin - Typically in any RPG, the DM is considered the Narrator and gets all the fun privileges that go with such a title, whereas the players are in control only of their specific character. One character can definitely have a huge impact on the events of a story, but in the end it's only the GM that gets to have autonomus control. That said, I did think your post was very cool, even if it did wind up writing the rest of us into a very awkward situation Razz




Learning curves, woo! Very Happy

I'm all for a fresh start, 'cause even though I really like where the current thread is going it does make things a lot harder for the rest of us to slip into the action.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/second sunshine's first comment. It's usually necessary to be fairly proscriptive about things like this, unless you want the game to go off the rails. It might do so anyway, but there's less chance of that if you're fairly specific.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolio, thread's up ^_^
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group