FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Tamir



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1629
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"First time in a while that I've seen you looking forward to a combat prospect though, Ruthven."

"Well, I know I messed up the last time," the boy confessed, "but I really think I can help this time! You can count on me, honest!"

A few tense minutes passed as Felucca ingested the last of the pie. When she finally spoke, it was disappointing. "So... where are the rest of you?" Not wanting to waste any more time, Ruthven said "I'll get them!" before anyone else had a chance to respond, and promptly ran out of the room.

He hadn't gone very far when he saw Samson lumbering towards him. Lilith was walking at his side, and Jagger was somewhat ahead of them, but Milk was nowhere to be seen. The Minuon simply ran past them, yelling, "Library! Reading room!" and headed to Milk's room.

Upon reaching the room, however, he slowed to a halt. Standing by the entrance, he called, "Milk? You in there?"
No answer. Ruthven considered going in, but he was somewhat intimidated by the queer Mimi. After a few moments of indecision, he tried again. "Milk?"


Last edited by Tamir on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
electricpanda



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 608
Location: Smelbourne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Milk? You in there?"

"Milk?"


A groan trickled out of one of the smaller corners in the room. Milk'd been having a good sleep - only thing to really do these days, to stop the cold getting to the bones.

Generally, though, people didn't bother him unless there was a reason. Best part about them. One could logically assume, then, that they had guests, of one kid or another. So reluctantly, he crawled out of his crack towards the door.

"What is it, Ngaba-yi*?"

*Nominal title; could roughly translate as son or daughter, but can refer to anyone of a later generation.
_________________
Dubbed Pants by AsA, via the way of the electric pants.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tamir



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1629
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having succeeded in convincing himself that Milk was absent from his room, Ruthven was somewhat startled when he heard a reply. "Uhm...." he said, "we're all....everyone's gathering in the library. See you there!"

His duty done, Ruthven dashed back to the library. He smiled as he passed by his drawing of Dimble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Felucca is visiting, everyone is assembling in our reading hall,"

"Yeah, I saw her come in, and I'm on my way there right now."

Felucca - right, that was her name.

"Join me?"

"Sure, go ahead..."

"Sa Lily, Rocky."

Lilith gave a slight start as Jagger's voice materialized bhind her.

"Oh, hi Jagger. You know, one of these days, you'Re gonna catch meon the wrong foot with that silence of yours and get your ears singed..."

She smiled towards the Gremlin as she delivered this "threat" and softly jabbed him in the ribs with her elbow.

"They're all waiting already; I think we're the only ones left."

And we're going as we speak..."
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger rubbed his side where Lilith had jabbed him. Goblins didn't use it, but he'd been on Earthsong long enough to know it was a sign of friendship.
Still kinda hurt.
He smirked. At least he could still make Lilith jump. That was nice.

Ruthven ran past him toward Milk's room.
"Sa! Vampy! I was gonna... never mind." Jagger turned back around and loped after Samson and Lilith.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kassandra glanced up at the Eveo as she entered the library, he wasn't an unpleasant creature he just - shed, and for some reason his hair seemed to like sticking to her. She quietly continued to the other side of the room and leant against the wall since Felucca had decided to occupy the only comfortable chair.

“Everyone here?” She glanced around, Milk hadn’t arrived yet. The little kid had just come charging in like a small tornado positively vibrating with excitement though so she assumed he’d be along in a moment.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimble sighed, impatient boredom evident in the way he alternated between leaning back on his chair and sitting upright. His feet tapped against the floor in a complicated rhythm. His hands alternated between drumming on the table and resting behind his back. He was constantly looking around the room; finally, something was happening, and they had to wait for the stragglers! Dimble stopped tapping his feet and drumming his hands, instead resting his arms at his side.

Dimble sighed, and spoke. "I say we just go ahead and get this over with, Felucca. Obviously, whatever you have to say is very important or you wouldn't even be here; and you certainly wouldn't have constructed your wardrobe in such a haphazard rush, as is plainly evident. If this is urgent, then you should hurry up and tell us. We can inform the stragglers of what they missed later."
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Or you could just wait a few more seconds, Dimples," Jagger said from the doorway, lolling his tongue at the gnome. He stepped inside quickly, making way for Ruthven, Lilith, and Samson.
"Milky might appreciate a little more sleep, though."


OOC@RF: Jagger's being intentionally annoying here; he'd usually just call him Dumple.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson crouched through the doorway shortly behind Jagger, and immediately stretched himself to his full height. The library, being taller than most of the rooms in the bunker, was much more comfortable for him. In fact, were it not for the minuscule size of the books in his hands, he would probably spend a great deal of time here.

"The rest are coming, I think."

With that, he found a space near the speaker and sat himself down on the floor slowly. Crossing his legs, he placed a hand on each knee and looked forward to Felucca. Even sitting, he easily came eye-to-eye with the "human standard" height guard members. In fact, many were still shorter than he was.

Samson was patient, though. With a calm smile, he watched as Felucca prepared her announcement. The rest of the guard would come at their own pace, and Samson had no reason to rush. Obviously this was important, but not necessarily of critical and immediate action.

If this needed immediate action, there would already be commotion and action. This important news and calm pace suits me just fine, he thought to himself.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilith slipped through the doorway behind Samson and headed for an empty chair next to Ariel. Seeing that their guest had obviously not started to relay her news just yet, Lilith set her bowl down on the table and started shoving spoonsfull of warm soup into her mouth.
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cochinell lowered himself gently into a comfortable chair close to Felucca. He waited patiently for her to begin.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 885

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fabulous" sighed Felucca, "You're all here."

She rummaged through her fannypack and brought out a crumpled piece of paper that featured Zaebos' scrawling handwriting. "The silly goat thought I wouldn't remember everything" she muttered by way of excuse.

"Anyhow, the situation is that Earthsong has been picking up on some weird energy signal coming from the Wyvern Woods - or at least we think it's from there; it's really faint - hard to pick up on. We've got no idea what it could be to be honest, and it's way too far out of the Haven's range for us to investigate it ourselves. The Topaz Guard is off on another mission so they can't handle it... so we were hoping you guys would be up to the task. I know it's a little out of your jurisdiction, but well, you know how it is".
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailurin waved a hand to catch Felucca's attention, awkwardly trying to keep his cat's cradle game from falling apart. "About where in Wyvern Woods -- north near Thennis Moor or down by Baena Stream? And what kind of energy signal?"
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli


Last edited by Tinalles on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimble frowned in thought, standing so that he could drum his fingers on the table in a more efficient manner. "So. All the way South-East in the Wyvern woods - far away from Belousus' normal base of operations. And we have no idea what this signal could be. No idea if it's friendly or malevolent. And you say, Felucca, that we're the ones closest to it? There's nobody else?"

The gnome folded his arms, resting them against the table. He only took the slightest of pauses for continuing; he never really intended to wait for Felucca's, or anyone else's, reply. "I'm tempted to say that's not in my job description. But if it's a chance to get out of this tundra, it's really tempting to accept. Besides, I'm really curious now; I'm pretty smart as far as gnomes go, but I'm drawing nothing but blanks about what this could be."

Dimble licked his lips, eyes narrowed as he looked down. He uncrossed his arms, using one of them to stroke his little beard. "Are there any other details that you could give us, Felucca? Anything at all?"
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 885

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felucca squinted up at the Eveo - she wasn't used to the dimmer lighting that the Bunker had. "Yeah... no. If we knew where it was, we'd just tell you. That's what we need you guys for - to find it... whatever IT is."

As for Dimble's remarks, Felucca just snorted "Yeah, I'll just head back and tell Nanashi that it's not in your 'job description'. Or would you like to tell her yourself, hmm? I could probably carry you... probably." A wicked look darkened her expression - she kept it up for a good three seconds before cracking into laughter. "You're funny, little man. As for anything else I've got..." Her eyes returned to the paper.

"Oh yeah!" she exclaimed and rummaged through the pack again, "Almost forgot!" This time she drew out a bulky envelope and read the cover, again in Zaebos' handwriting "To be given to either Jagger, Ariel or Chet. Not to be opened by Felu-- hey!"
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group