FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Indeed. Well, pay close attention to that rough indication of distance - we don't know if our target is moving or stationary. Let's hope it's the latter."

Jagger cocked his head. "Hallowed... I hadn't even considered that." He berated himself with a few muttered profanities as he joined a few others in cleaning up the camp.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cochinell's sharp mind continued to collate and consider all the details that they gleaned about what was occurring. The lack of Mandragora activity seemed important.

He had no packing to do, so he waited patiently. He would speak happily with anyone who wanted to talk, but otherwise, he'd remain taciturn.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, Durgha, good to see you..."

Lilith wasn't sure if the team leader got the pun in her statement. The implications of having a leader with the ability to become all but invisible had always made her a little nervous.

Like, how long had she been standing there, watching them..?

Lilith hurried to get her gear packed up again and positioned herself close to Jagger. She was feeling a little impatient about finding ... whatever it was they were searching for, and anyways, close to Jagger was where the action was bound to be eventually ... yeah ... impatience for action ... that was it ...
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger snorted at Lilith's remark. He handed her the coffee pot as an escuse to lean close.
"She won't get it," he whispered. "The pun's lost in translation."

OOC- One of my ideas for Jagger was to give him a love of horrible puns, to the point where he'd learn other languages, just to annoy the other guard members with lame puns in their own tongue.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailurin acknowledged Durgha's arrival with a brief nod, which made his head throb even harder. He wasn't feeling sociable, and instead contented himself with sitting impatiently by his gear.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tethys didn't really pay much attention to Durgha's arrival - post Chet's hug, she was fairly annoyed. Perhaps it was common place behaviour amongst the warriors where he came from, but for her, it wasn't a friendly embrace but more akin to an act of agression. She didn't like close proximity, not even to her comrades.

As Chet sauntered off to Ruthven, she gave him a bit of a shove away on her part, and muttered loudly as she yanked on her duster again.

"So do we have a fix on this energy-thing beyond Wyrvern Woods yet? Because that's an awfully large area to cover, search-wise," she asked sharply, moving over to stand opposite Jagger.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger looked up, annoyed. "How many times do I have to explain: there is no 'fix.' I won't know exactly how close we are 'til I can actually see the thing. If it's under ground, I won't know until I'm literally right on top of it, and only then because it gets quieter no matter which direction I walk.
"We just need to start walking. As soon as the camp's clear and D's done napping or meditating or whatever, we're heading out."


OOC- "D" is, of course, Durgha, because I couldn't think of any way to shorten her name to something even remotely dignified.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How many times do I have to explain: there is no 'fix.' I won't know exactly how close we are 'til I can actually see the thing. If it's under ground, I won't know until I'm literally right on top of it, and only then because it gets quieter no matter which direction I walk.
"We just need to start walking. As soon as the camp's clear and D's done napping or meditating or whatever, we're heading out."


Tethys sighed, and made a cutting motion with one hand, a gesture she normally used to avoid arguments. It didn't always work, but now wasn't the time for them to bicker either.

"Be still, none of us have spent a night in comfort. It still feels to me like we're in water with treacherous currents - you're the only one with the faintest clue... I'd merely prefer it if we could have been afforded more information."
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Indeed," Ailurin put in. "But in any case, we're not going to get a fix without packing up and moving on. If you've got a good sense for the current resonance level on the semaphore stone, Jagger, then let's get moving."

His headache was making him irritable. He closed his third eye and massaged the stiff muscles at his temples. Then he put on his pack while the others gathered up their gear for departure.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli


Last edited by Tinalles on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wanting to particularly take part in this argument, Chet settled down with Ruthven, who had just finished his breakfast and leapt to his feet.

"Ready for a brand new day, Bucko?" Chet asked, swishing his tail. "Think we'll find this mysterious item today?"
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tamir



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1629
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthven grinned at Chet's nickname. "Yeah!" He replied, "I bet it's some kind of treasure, something really amazing. Oh, wait, maybe it's a new arrival! Maybe someone came with the power to make those weird energies that Earthsong felt? That would be neat! I guess it wouldn't be so useful, though."
Ruthven frowned, thinking. "I know, we could use their power as a way to distract Bel! Bel probably senses the same energies as Earthsong, so he'd send the Mandrags to figure out what it is, and then we'd attack! Bel would never see it coming!
"Someone would have to protect this new guy, though. While most of us are attacking, someone would be with him to make sure the Mandrags don't hurt him. And, I could stay and heal anyone who got hurt, and then we'd win the war!"

Ruthven beamed at Chet, proud of his brilliant plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger rubbed his temples; the stone's constant humming was starting to grate on him. He needed to run.
Stupid primitive stress response. He missed his chemical balancers.

"I guess since we have a little time, I'll run a circuit with the stone; get a real solid fix on direction." That was a good escuse. He shouldn't head off alone, though. He flicked his eyes around at his companions. The choice was easy, but he felt a need to make a show of choosing.

"Lily? Join me for a jog?"
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Uuggghhhh..." The gnome groaned and blinked. Laying on the ground, his eyes forced their way open; he winced, burying his head into his small travel pillow. He could hear others moving around, discussing, or otherwise being far too loud and disturbing. Bah. Morning people! Didn't appreciate the idea of a good sleep in the slightest. He groaned again, turning his head to the side, and dared to open his eyes again. Squinting, he looked around at the campsite; most of the others were packed and ready to go. Well, darn. Maybe he DID sleep in too much...

"I'd better hurry up then..." he said to himself. Forcing his own protesting body to move - had he slept funny? - he kicked his sheets off and pulled himself to his feet. "Can't be slowing the others down, really." Dimble shoved all of his supplies together, incomprehensible mutterings escaping his lips as he struggled with his oversized - at least for someone of his size - pack. Everything seemed to fit, finally - once he was done, he leaned against his backpack.

With the back of his hand, he wiped a bit of sweat off of his dirty face. His clothes were still filthy from that trip in the mud the day before. He still felt like crap; he had really been getting used to that bed, even if it was somewhat lumpy. But... he looked towards the ground with slightly narrowed eyes. I've been through worse than this before. I can make it. I can keep going. Bitter and determined, Dimble shoved his weariness aside; he put his weakness in the corner of his mind. The gnome shoved his hands in his pockets as he looked around. Everyone was there, it seemed, and ready to go; Chet and Milk were back, too. And their leader, too.

"Wait." Dimble breathed, looking at their leader with a slightly raised eyebrow. "When did she get here?" lips in a slight frown, he watched her as she leapt into the tree. She ordered everyone to get their acts together, and to get going. Well. Good for her! She seemed to be fairly bright and chipper for a leader who had left her group to fight a basilisk on their own.

Vibrations in the water... He scowled at his previous mistake - one that had nearly gotten him killed. I wish I'd been here longer. Woulda had more time to research... woulda known what they can do. But then again, if she had been here, she could have kept things organized and focused...

Dimble snatched the strap of his heavy pack, slinging the weighty object over his shoulder. He then stuck his hands back in his pockets as he truged over to Durgha's tree - once there, he looked straight up at her. "I mean no offense, oh great and noble leader, but where were you while we were being attacked by a basilisk?"
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I guess since we have a little time, I'll run a circuit with the stone; get a real solid fix on direction."

"Lily? Join me for a jog?"


"Sure, might help me get some warmth back into my limbs..."

"Are we taking our packs, or d'you just plan to run a circle and hed back here before the others move on?"
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just a circle. Won't take long."
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group