FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The group's out camping right now, and they'll probably be waking up. And as for the basilisk..." Chet hesitated. "We didn't fare as well as we have in the past."

Changing the subject, Chet said, "Do you want to climb on my back? We can probably get to them faster that way."
electricpanda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You should have gone for eye."

Seeing the group up ahead, Milk stopped.

"Was basilisk big? If it were this close to base, it could've done structural damage to it. We should get this checked."
Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as other guard members started stirring, Ruthven snapped awake. He had always been a light sleeper, from the day he had arrived on Earthsong, and today was no different.
The first thing he felt upon waking was hunger. Weakness and hunger. He could smell the life flowing from the people all around him, and that only made him hungrier.

Ruthven quietly got up and scanned the surrounding tundra for animal life of some sort. Unsurprisingly, nothing caught his eye. Animals are rarely so obvious in such terrain, or they wouldn't survive long. However, a living being was much more sating than one which had been dead for a while. If he had to, Ruthven would borrow some food from someone, but he would much sooner find a living animal and drain it.

For this reason, Ruthven spent the next while stalking the vegetation, looking for food.
Nem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kassandra stirred her porridge together and settled back with her steaming breakfast.

"I keep meaning to ask: how in Hades do you stay dressed?"

Her head snapped round, the spoon protruding from the corner of her mouth,

"Wha?" She said around a cheek full of porridge, paused and gulped it down. "Oh right, clothes. Very carefully... I don't know really. Never thought about it"

She ran a small portion of her robes between her fingers, "There's some metal in the threads; don't know whether that makes any difference; maybe it inherits enough of whatever I am now to come along for the ride or something."
- Issa
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to check a few points, at least a mile and a half apart, before I could even guess at a location. It'd be easier to just start walking. Soon as Chet, and maybe Milk, show up, I'm ready to go.

Ailurin glanced towards the bunker.

"I see Chet and Milk coming now," he said. "Let's get going, they'll catch up. Take a reading here, and then we'll head towards the forest so you can take another."

That said, he shouldered his pack and stood impatiently waiting for the others to finish their preparations.

He closed all three eyes. "Hlurris, my head hurts," he muttered to himself.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was maybe a little bigger than normal...but I don't think it was big enough to make damage to the base." Chet saw Ruthven leaving. "I'm going to help the kid hunt." Leaving Milk pretty much at the base, Chet slinked off on all fours after the kid, dropping his pack in the middle of the campsite.

Catching up to Ruthven, he said, "Hey! Need some help?"
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the two latecomers arrived, Cochinell met them. "!Don't get comfortable, friendzzz. We need to get moving." He said, as he casually gnawed on his large and leafy branch.

It was a particularly tasty and fragrant wood, and one which he was lucky to have found.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching sight of Chet's approach, Tethys pulled on her boots and marched over to catch up with her comrade and roommate, hands on her hips.

"Oi you, what did you do with my duster? It's been baltic out here, and this is the last time I feel chivalrous or generous with you," she snapped. "I'd like it back before we get underway; apparently, we're ust about to set off after this... energy thing."
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kass wolfed down the last of her porridge, drank some water and hurried to get her stuff squared away as Chet approached. She'd just secured her pack and staff when he arrived,

"Hey Chet, you feeling better?"

Of course he is moron! Do you see any blood spilling wounds on him?

"We were just heading out."
- Issa
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you so much for the coat, Teth!" Chet reared up on his haunches and gave her a big hug. "I probably couldn't have gotten back to base without it. It's in my bag in the middle of the campsite, along with some fresh, semi-perishable food that you're more than welcome to. Hopefully the bread is still a bit warm... And if not, there's griffen jerky!"

Chet turned to Ruthven, who was in the vegetation still. "Kid, do you like griffen jerky?"
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly out of nowhere, a cockatrice popped up and "flew" over to Ruthven. It's neck had been snapped.

"There you are, little man," said Durgha, rematerialising, "That's the biggest one I could find - we'll find you something better when we get to the woods. Heaven knows you probably need it after last night".

She strode into the centre of camp, not answering any questions until everyone had situated themselves around the remnants of the fire and she was sure she had their undivided attention.

"First of all, my reconaissance into the badlands revealed nothing much... which in itself was unusual. There was no Mandragora activity at all. I think they're up to something, but it's something outside of their normal... jurisdiction.

I checked with Felucca at the Bunker before heading out to meet up with the rest of you - she doesn't think it's anything malignant, but I'd bet my two blades that the Mandragora have something to do with it.

So! ... Let's keep a better eye out for Basilisk sink holes and get a move on". Her eyebrow arched meaningfully as she looked at Chet and Dimble during this last sentence.

"Jagger - we need a reading, if you wouldn't mind".
theBSDude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger choked on his sip of coffee; Durgha was the only besides Nanashi who could sneak up on him.

"Jagger - we need a reading, if you wouldn't mind."

He quickly swallowed the contents of his mug and whiped his mouth with his wrist. "I told, er... somebody, before: it doesn't give directions, it's a rough indication of distance. But... that, doesn't, actually, matter, so... somewhere southeast."

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tamir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durgha had Ruthven's undivided attention as she spoke to the group. Well, perhaps not undivided....the dead cockatrice in his hands was somewhat distracting. It was still warm, and the blood was nothing short of savory. He was feeling more alive with every bit he fed on, so naturally he missed a word or two. But it wasn't really relevant to him anyway, he figured.

Ruthven was glad that the Devi had rejoined the group, and not just because of the breakfast that came with her. Though she intimidated him quite a bit, she always knew what needed to be done, and never let them down. Everything seemed somewhat safer when she was around.

Finishing taking what the cockatrice had to offer, Ruthven looked up, just in time to hear Durgha say "So! ... Let's keep a better eye out for Basilisk sink holes and get a move on." Surprisingly, he felt motivated. He threw down the remnants of his food and got to his feet. Let's go, let's go!
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kassandra silently aimed herself in the direction Jagger indicated and started walking; she didn't want to see what the creepy vamp kid did with his insect meal.
- Issa
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...it doesn't give directions, it's a rough indication of distance. But... that, doesn't, actually, matter, so... somewhere southeast."

Durgha smiled a thin tight smile, "Indeed. Well, pay close attention to that rough indication of distance - we don't know if our target is moving or stationary. Let's hope it's the latter".

Durgha stood up and brushed herself off. "Alright everyone, let's finish packing up and start heading southwest. We should reach Wyvern Woods by midevening."

She lept up onto the lone tree and curled up as much as possible in it's branches, enjoying the first opportunity she'd had to relax in a long while. Her last mission was hardly restful and this one, while interesting, didn't seem that it would offer much chance for recuperation.

Durgha absentmindedly combed her hair with her fingers as her mind drifted to this strange energy source and what it might be...

Last edited by YatesOfYore on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: