FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Your time limit has elapsed. You have until Monday for this next post, as I want to finish this chapter BEFORE my term starts.)

Team 1:

Jae Kim stumbled the first time she tried to stand again.

Man, but it was a pain to try and pick herself up with her arms. And what the heck was Jaze up to anyway, hadn't he just plugged Williams? Who the heck was the little idiot talking to, another pretty secretary? What the heck did he mean by "Not Quite"? Surely it was a pretty simple concept, to vanquish a vampire and confirm a kill, especially since dead vampires didn't exactly leave much room for mistakes.

"Er, 'Road Runner', you're going to have to be a lot more specific than that... Aw man, that hurts..." she bellowed back. "I could do with..."

"GUYS? THIS IS, UH... i can't believe i have to say this... THIS IS DOCTOR MCDREAMY HERE. PLEASE RESPOND, YOU'VE BEEN OUT OF CONTACT FOR TOO LONG. WE'RE HERE TO HELP, PLEASE RESPOND AND UPDATE US OF YOUR SITUATION."

Jae Kim got cut off by Dean's transmission burst - her own heart nearly lept up her throat with relief, though she told herself it was because the cavalry had arrived to help them fall back, than because some of the cavalry were cute. She pushed herself against the wall and used that to try and lever herself up.

"Guys... Guys, if you're out there this is, erm, Green Pearl and Road Runner... We're en route. I think it's done, but I need to confirm the kill... We're on our way! Over."

"JAZE, ANSWER ME!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You're the ones behind the computer failures, aren't you? What are you up to? Maybe we can bring this place down together."

A cold anger would creep across the vampire's face, fangs bared and he hissed at Jaze like an animal. It was obvious that he had no patience for Jaze's questions and accusations.

"THIS IS NO GAME," he roared, and a tangible fear would fill Jaze. "YOU, arrogant cattle, are NOT my master. You know not what you speak of, of what danger you and your pets are in... What possible assistance could you possibly hope to offer? I grant you reprieve for your actions, and this is the thanks, the appreciation you show me?

"You WILL leave now with the rest of your ilk - I give you to the count of 10 to get out of my sight, or I swear I will call my men and we WILL hunt you in sport. I know there are more of you here... LEAVE NOW."

Jaze would feel the compulsion to run come over him, and overwhelming him. That, and the riot gear vampire's hand would drift down to his utility belt to reach for his gun again. As Jaze had emptied his gun into Williams and certainly did not have the time to reload, it would be much better for him if he took the riot gear vampire's "generous offer". He would not be able to out gun him, especially after his previous display.

((Weir [Riot Gear Vampire] is using Compulsion. I've mentioned previously that higher level vampires will sometimes have Powers of their own. These will usually be boss level vampires, and you won't encounter them as often as minions. They will take less damage from Anima Powers, but when faced as a team, they will be defeatable. Weir is NOT a defeatable at this point, so retreat is your best option.

I will try and have a description of Vampire Powers up in the Next couple of days. For your current reference, Compulsion is where a Vampire imposes his will on yours, and the closer you are to a Vampire using it, then the more Enthralled you will become. Normally, they can only impose it on one person at a time, depending on how strongly they want to Enthrall. If they can be silenced or distracted by another, that will interrupt the Compulsion. A tertiary method is where the victim is pushed out of range, but it takes them a little while to wake up. Any questions, OOC please.))


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2:

(Space, the codename list is up on page 8 of the OOC thread.)

Ben would look extremely shook up - he had not done many field missions, and never along side this team. He'd never seen Diarmuid go berserker, so his beating aside, he was tired and frightened.

He seemed to reach out to take Diarmuid's proffered hand, but then winced.

"Sorry man... Think this might be kinda tricky, I might have injured something," he said, taking a great deal of interest in his shoe laces, and turning slightly red. "Like busted a rib... Just careful how you pull me up Dude, if ya would," he went on, trying to reach out again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Medical Team:

Dean shrugged his shoulders as he answered Dawson's question:

"We're here to do an extraction, I won't know unless they wave us back..."

He would let go a long sigh of relief has Diarmuid and Jae Kim messaged them back, and said "Hold On" to Dawson as he replied.

"Don't get so cocky Banner, you just wish you were Doctor Mc Steamy. Look, I'm here with Kyle Reese and a new med, Dr Venkeman... We're here to give any emergency medical aid and help you evacuate. Let me know if your retreat is hot, and I can have Reese heat the engines. You freaked out the Big Man... Get down here, stat you big faker!"

"Sounds like they're not on a hot retreat, so don't get stressed... Just you said you had some experience with this kind of thing before, but I didn't want to pry. You'll be helping the team home, and me 'n' Nate'll deal with the cattle. You got it?"

((I'll update for Nem and Fea as and when they post, but if they don't post by Friday morning, I'll update their sections and the situation will get more difficult. Spindrifter, you're allowed to start recovering now. XD))
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OMG I hit preview instead of post. Embarassed }

The sound of gunshots faded away, his radio spat silence broken momentarily by the kill team exchanging IFF signals with the backup.

"I've found the second group of hostages. Securing the objective now." He lowered his hand from the earpiece and pointed to the sickly model.

"You can all guess the drill. Last boarding call in forever for the rescue train. One of you pick him up and everyone who doesn’t want to be eaten as part of the vamp’s after battle party follow me."
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His eyes finally clear, Barrett quickly scanned his surroundings. Dia had things handled down below, though Ben- Ben? Where'd he come from?- was in a pretty bad way. Around him, models were bleeding and on the floor. Most importantly, though, one last lone vamp was on the stairs above him, roaring and clawing at his face. Barrett presumed someone had landed a Holy Water splash on his face. Taking his opportunity, he pulled a knife and picked up his stake. Leaping over the intervening models as quickly as he could, he launched himself up the stairs and sunk the knife into the vamp's side as a handle while he thrust a stake at its heart for a kill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We can lean on one another, then. I'm feeling a little bruised myself." Dia helped his comrade to stand, and called back up the stairs.

"Let's move out, people. Places to go, people to see. Hurry hurry hurry!" He started to move down the stars as fast as Ben's condition would allow.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawson nodded as Dean continued, but was then cut off by a radio transmission. The slight anxiety that he had been feeling quickly washed away, if there were people alive then they had probably already killed the vampires. As much as the thought of vampires made his blood boil, it also made ice creep through his veins.

"I have experience as a paramedic, not an Army Ranger or something. I mean, I can shoot and fight if I have to. I just... yeah, let's focus on getting the people back to safety, what do you say?" He finished with a smile, motioning forward.

"Where to?"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze's first reaction was an anger at the commands and dismissal, but that quickly gave way to a completely inexplicable and overwhelming fear. Jaze was able to stay there long enough to hear the vampire's entire tirade, but it took a lot out of him. His eyes began to water, and the vampire's the "LEAVE NOW" rang in his ears. At that punctuation, Jaze turned tail and ran quickly down the stairs. Seeing Jae, he grabbed her arm and, fighting back the tears (of what? Fear? Shame?) he ran towards the exit.

"Williams is dead," Jaze said in a flat tone.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1:

The compulsion on Jaze would last for at least a few landings before he could dissemble his own emotions again and be able to assess his surroundings. When he ‘came to’ as it were, he would feel slightly disorientated but would still feel residual feel. Also, he would not be able to remember the blond vampire’s face very clearly and only recall vaguest details.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Jaze? Jake? Argh, whatever the heck you’re calling yourself… What’s going on, what’s with the face? OUCH, don’t tug so much on the arm, the merchandise is delicate,” Jae Kim hissed at her comrade as he tugged on her arm. Alright, she was being a baby because it was only some lacerations, but still!

He was definitely acting weird, but there hadn’t been enough time for Williams to try and put any vampiric mojo on the boy, surely? She winced when he tugged at her arm at first, but she scurried to try and keep up pace with him so the hurt wasn’t so bad on her end.

“Somebody’s eager to see Dr McDreamy then,” she sniped as they made their way towards the others. “We’ve got to rendez-vous with the others and help them with evac. Reese and MrDreamy and some new kid are here to help us. You caught the wave on the radios, right?”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2:

"Uh, okay..." Ben would put an arm across Diarmuid's shoulder in an attempt at levering himself up, but would groan painfully as he did so. It was clear that he was definitely in abdominal pain, and so Diarmuid would have to take care.

As for Barrett and Niamh's siuation, Barrett would be successful in vanquishing the final gunman... or gunvampire, however you wanted to put it. However, he would get a faceful of ash, having attacked the final target from behind.

If Team 2 would gather round to try and round up their remaining models, they would see that at least 5 had been killed instantly or just died from their wounds during the firefight. A couple of others were badly injured, but still alive and would remain so for a little while so long as they recieved medical attention... There was only a handful of models left now from before. The group would have to get moving sharpish.

Mike the pretty boy model from earlier would be trying to help one of his friends get up, but he looked slightly frantic. Niamh and Barrett would need to galvanise the survivors and start moving them down towards the medical team.

For Carl, it seemed that the two concious models had decided that they would follow him. The two girls lifted their companion from under their arms, and would carry her that way as far as they could, but it was obvious that they were all tired and sick.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Medical Team:

"I have experience as a paramedic, not an Army Ranger or something. I mean, I can shoot and fight if I have to. I just... yeah, let's focus on getting the people back to safety, what do you say?"

Dean smiled and nodded, while Nate glared back at them rather belligerently, but then that was his default expression a lot of the time.

"The two of you going to stand around and gossip all night? Come on, we got work to do. Coast is clear down on this level, but I think a security patrol may have gone on ahead, so keep your eyes peeled. Let's move out," he snapped, moving on ahead.

Dean would roll his eyes, but gesture for Dawson to follow him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All Teams: Team 2 would soon be able to hear voices and foot steps from the upper levels – Team 1 would be gaining on them, but Team 2 would not yet be able to confirm this, apart from possibly Carl, unless they used their radios.

The Medical Team would also come into hearing distance very quickly - they would very soon run into Team 2.

((Feel free to get on the move and move the models about as you need to. I'll be wrapping this chapter up in my next couple of posts, so we can move swiftly onto Chapter 2, but I have essays due soon, so it may take a while for me to update. You have until Friday morning to reply.))
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawson glanced over to Nate, who didn't look exactly pleased that they were actually taking a moment to speak. Inwardly, he remembered that this was a mission requiring military precision and planning. Even knowing this, he found it difficult to adhere to that level of strict discipline.

With a bit of a chuckle, he nodded to Dean and re-shouldered his bag. "Let's get moving, before we land in any more hot water."

Dawson would then move forward with Dean, as planned. As of yet, he remained unaware of the noises ahead.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett coughed and swore as he caught a second faceful of dust in as many minutes. "C'mon... *gasp* dammit, c'mon, let's move. If we move out now, we will get out fine. Go for the exit, folks, now please!" Barrett clambered up to his feet and tried to clear his eyes (again) as he reminded himself, in the future, to close his eyes as he attempted such a kill... But at least he was done fighting things, for the moment. Small favors and all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ben, stay with me. Help is at the bottom of the stairs."

He heard the faintest traces of feet coming down the stairs behind them. He got on his radio.

"Green pearl, can you give me a sit rep?"

He wound his weary way down the stairs. It wasn't fast going.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh shook her head out of the strange daze she seemed to go into watching the gunvampire writhe in pain from the holy water, "Thanks Barr, no clue what came over me there."

Niamh tucked the arrow back into the quiver and kept her bow in her left hand as she moved towards Mike taking the model he was trying to help up by the other arm, "Heave hoe Mike, we need to get these guys to the med guys we have waiting. There's no time to be gentle with 'em."

Niamh began to hustle the models down the stairs.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl herded the models down stairs, coming upon the bloodbath the rest of team two had been busy creating in his absence.

“Keep moving,” he said to the sickly models. He looked at the wounded, looked back up the stairs and turned away from them. Carrying the wounded models would slow them all down; they didn’t have the time left to play with anymore. Footsteps were coming after them. Carl drew his sword.

“Be advised we have wounded. Team one confirm your location.”
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze didn't really hear Jae in his flight. He was more focused on getting away from the vampire, but his insistence dwindled the closer they got to the other group. It wasn't until he saw the other group that he realized he was running and clutching Jae's hand.

"...radios, right?" was all he caught.

"Wh-what?" he said, a bit confused. He slowed the pace down, but didn't quite realize how hard he was gripping Jae. There was still a bit of fear in the back of his mind, like he was running away from something, and he couldn't quite remember clearly what it was or how to get rid of it.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**This is my second-to-last post before closing this chapter. Get yer character reactions in before I close it up. OOC me if I've forgotten anything, because my posts are becoming giant 2000 word long monsters. Sorry in advance, but I'm speeding up the teams' meeting...**

Team 1:

Jae yanked her arm out of Jaze's grip and growled.

"Were you even paying attention to the radio wave? Dean and Nate are here, you idiot! They're here to pick up the models, get them back to the infirmary! By the JCVD, what on earth is wrong with you?" she hissed. Why did he look so dazed? He'd spent most of this morning sleeping, so he had no right looking so tired!

"Get yourself together, would you? We need to evac..."

She limped ahead slightly, though given her scrambling speed, Jaze would easily be able to keep up with her. Providing the previous information hadn't completely floored him.

"Green pearl, can you give me a sit rep?"

“Be advised we have wounded. Team one confirm your location.”


Oh for the love of... She was getting sloopy, she'd forgotten to warn the rest of the team.

"I can confirm the hit... Least Road Runner would, be he's off in Cloud blinking Cuckoo Land right now. I don't think we're far off now, probably just a few floors above. We'll try and pick up speed. How's things at your end?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Team 2

Mike nodded absent-mindedly, but would more or less do as he was bid. He and the rest of models would follow Niamh and Barrett down the stairs, as quickly as it was possible to. Given the mess on the stairs left by their battle, it wasn't going to be a 100 miles an hour.

Ben gave a sort of half snort of what was possibly meant to be manly derision. But his lip was split, so it didn't work so well for him.

"... Easy for you to say Diarm... Didn't get your butt whipped. Do I have to stay here? Wanna be on the west coast."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meeting the Medical Team

All teams would begin to soon begin to run into one another and re-group, a couple of floors away from the basement level.

Diarmuid would be the first to run into Nate, Dean and Dawson. If he was feeling sharp and not fussing with Ben, he'd soon realise that there was a new face among them. Nate raised an eyebrow when he saw Ben and Diarmuid on approach, but Dean looked suitably horrified.

"You ain't organising my birthday parties..." - this earned Nate a smack across the back of the head from Dean.

"Reese, go see if the others need help. Now. And take Venkeman with you," Dean snapped, before approaching the other side of Ben to help Diarmuid with the carrying. "Good Heavens man, what went down? I thought Ben was doing your driving..."

Nate kept into one side of the stair case, ostensibly taking point to make sure that they weren't attacked by any stragglers from behind. Dawson could get a sit-rep from either Carl, or Barrett and Niamh, or those members of Team 2 could interrogate Nate.

Bringing up the rear-guard, Jae and Jaze would eventually come into view. Jae was exhausted - they'd just sprinted who-knows how many flights of stairs just to regroup with the others. She was done in, but she knew if her legs stopped moving then she might not be able to continue. She hadn't had to run like this since high school, when Mr Park had nearly caught her and Woo-Jin bunking off of gym class. That had been irony.

She nearly slid down one of the flights of stairs, when she came across the scene of Team's 2 battle. Instead she skited down a half flight and a landing on her butt. The rest of the team would be able to hear rather audibly, voracious swearing in Korean.

"Son of a turtle, that HURT... Need to... catch up... Jaze, watch your step!"
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dia was about to reply when he rounded the last set of stairs and saw the medical team ahead.

He ignored how he was feeling about Ben's predicament, and his own near loss of control. Time to deal with that later. He grinned tiredly. "we had a little run-in with everybody's favourite neighbourhood vampires. I don't know what happened to my friend here, but he needs some help.2

He gestured for one of the approaching medics to help him with Ben, and answered his radio.

"Green pearl be advised, we have made the rendezvous."
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group