FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett was turning to the side in the wake of the Holy Light and caught the backhand full across the jaw, throwing him backwards into the wall behind him. He flung out a foot, hoping to catch So-Macho in the gut. The stake, still in the hand behind his back, clattered out of his hands as his fingers were crushed between his back and the wall. His lower back hurt too, from slamming into the handrail, but it only felt sore, not damaged. He gave up on the stake, pulled another from his back harness, and lunged down onto the vamp, clutching him with his legs and bringing his hands down over the creature's head, trying to drive the stake into his back. He hoped his momentum would carry them both down the stairs, and that if by some luck he managed to stake this guy, that he wouldn't end up putting the stake through his own ribs next...
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl swayed onto the foot as it planted drawing his sword and sending it through a smooth arc aiming to sever the vamp's head. Anger sung through his veins, the waste of it all. One stupid woman's actions denying two people their lives. There was a word for people like the male model here, 'colaborator,' nothing you could hold against them when they were just fighting on the other side, but give them a reason to hate you personally. He stretched his hand around the hilt of his sword and sighed.

"I'm getting too old for this." Carl looked down at the crumpled figure of the model, "If I let you live you'll probably try and kill me at some point in the future. You know, with you girlfriend being dead and all." He sheathed the sword and started off towards the models' sick room.
"Then again I'm an old man, what do I know? Maybe you really hated her and were planning to kill her the first night you'd escaped. Maybe you're not so eager to die. Or maybe you're good enough to make it mean something. Either way...

Anyone in there?"
- Issa
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[[OOC: sorry for the curt post, insanely busy organizing a craft show]]

Niamh whispered quietly, out of the corner of her mouth, to Mike as the chaos insued, "Keep the models low, we'll try and get rid of these guys... the less they're in the way the better... we have med staff to take care of the wounded."

As she spoke Niamh lifted her bow and aimed for the heart of the Vampire that was shooting wildly, as the shot left her bow she pulled another arrow from her quiver and readied to shoot, took quick aim of the confused vampire and fired again.

She loaded her bow again and reached for a globe to be ready for another attack.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Got it!" Jaze said, immediately pursued his quarry and going wide around the bodyguard so Jae could take care of him.

Jaze ran after Williams, his breath beginning catch up to him from the sharp jab to the stomach. The suit ran up the stairs, just in front of Jaze. Jaze shoved one of the guns in his holster so that he could grab the rail and swing himself around. He fired three more shots, all in an attempt to cripple the vampire; he wouldn't waste killing shots until he was sure he could get the bloodsucker.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1:

The 1st gunman got back to his feet, if slightly unevenly and decided to charge the last remaining human he could find out of animal instinct – the last remaining human being Jae Kim.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Williams tripped and skidded on his front across the landing, as one of the shots caught him in the hip. He would scramble to turn onto his back, in an unsuccessful attempt to try and get back to his feet.

If Jaze turned to look up at the landing above him, he would see a rather puzzled looking young man standing there, dressed entirely in a black riot gear with a black beanie hat pulled down over his hair. He was armed, but he wasn’t make any effort to threaten or confront Jaze physically, and instead seemed to be watching Williams very carefully.

In any case, it was obvious to Williams that he was now surrounded – his eyes would glance up to the upper landing before settling on Jaze. There was a wild look in his eyes.

“You… Who sent you? Is this Benton’s idea of a sick, practical joke?” he hissed, as he scrambled backwards towards a wall.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

‘C’mon, c’mon, we’ve got to get out of here… Not safe anymore, we’ve got to get back to base! Need to regroup with the others…’ Jae thought to herself frantically, as she steeled herself against the 1st gunman’s mad charge.

She threw herself forwards into the charge, trying to duck under and barrel up to stab him in the chest… It had worked in actions movies, right?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2:

((Ooookay, I’m not entirely sure some understood my previous post, but since it’s been a month, I’m just going to go with what we’ve got.))

Diarmuid would vault part of the stair case, but misjudge the drop height and land rather squarely on his backside on the lower stair case. He would be confronted with the sight of Ben being roughed up at knife point by a fourth vampire who had been trailing the others.

No. 4 had kicked Ben to the ground, and was in the process of yanking him up by the hair again. The blond man’s face was bruised, is nose bleeding freely and his movements gingerly to say the least. It would be obvious to Diarmuid that this was how No. 4 had been corralling him up the stairs, and also that No. 4 had yet to notice his presence since there was something of a ruckus and Ben’s blood scent may well have been distracting him.

“Maybe your meat bag friends’ll pipe down when they see you…” he hissed.

There would be a window for Diarmuid to charge No. 4, as he was clearly currently distracted.

Barrett’s secondary attack while So-Macho was blinded managed to over-
balance both of them: they would both roly-poly down the stairs to the next landing and land with Barrett on top – he would have that window in which to stake a rather surprised So-Macho.

Niamh managed to take out one of the two gunmen, but the other one was slowly starting to shake off the effects of the Holy Light blast – his face was bright red. He began to shoot wildly like his comrade before him, and managed a wild shot of hitting one of the retreating models on the shoulder. Niamh would have to disable him somehow before shooting him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The guard shrieked as she disintegrated away, and the male model with whom she had been canoodling just look shell-shocked, like he couldn’t believe what was going on. He crumpled and slid down the wall.

“Wh… What do you want from me...? I don’t have any money or anything,” he whispered, hands thrown up over his head as if he expected Carl to run him over as well.

((I'll be bringing in Tenshi's character in my next post. I'd like for everyone to have posted by THIS WEDNESDAY EVENING, UK TIME IE WEDNESDAY MORNING FOR MOST OF YOU.))

Last edited by Ravenna on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dia was stunned momentarily as he missed his landing. He took in the scene. Ben was in a bad way, but his target was distracted. He pushed off from the stair, aiming to stake the bruiser through the back into the heart. He would need to finish this as quickly as he could. He didn't want to start raging in a confined space with limited weaponry.
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"'Please Mr Sword Wielding Maniac,'" Carl called over his shoulder in a sing song voice "'Could you stop in the middle of killing people to take me to a cash machine?'

I mean seriously, if you had money and I wanted it that much I'd just kill you and take it. Personally I thought you'd be more horrified about me just killing your girlfriend here, but there you are.

Tell you what though, special one time deal: get lost before I come back and you get to live."

He walked into the sickly model's room, a hand wresting on his sword incase other vampires were around.
- Issa
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just some random cattle," Jaze snarled, pulling the trigger three times. He aimed to kill.

Jaze noticed quite suddenly that there was another man. He was armed, but not very threatening; Jaze looked him up and down. Chic black riot gear? I'm there, Jaze thought.

"Hey. I'm Jake. Were you after Williams, too? Who are you with?" And what's your number? Jaze added silently.
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett went for the kill, driving the stake into the vamp's chest. He hung on to his stake in his left hand and drew his pistol back out of his pocket with his right,taking aim and emptying the rest of his clip ((seven shots, I think)) into the shooting vamp on the stairs above him.
((I think the shooter should be above me after the fall down the stairs... if not, I'll need to adjust this post.))
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Edit: Sorry to not make it abundantly clear that Niamh realized that the first vamp she shot was dead. Didn't think it was really required until both were dead. And since they didn't appear to have "names" so i referred to the 2nd vamp as vamp #2))

Niamh ducked down as the second vamp started firing wildly, there was no way she'd get a clean shot with him carrying on like that. As it didn't appear that he cared where he was shooting Niamh figured she needed to get him to drop his gun before she tried anything else.

Using the globe she had in her hand she stood quickly and whipped it at the vampire aiming for his gun hand. Hoping that the holy water would at least soak the gun and make it unpleasant to hold on to.

Niamh crouched down again as she heard more shots coming up from below, at least they looked like they were aimed for her vampire.

(sorry for the cruddy and late post i never thought i'd be cursing having jewelery commissions to complete.)

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1:

Williams disappeared into ash as the shots hit his heart, killing him.

The blond man in riot gear cocked his head and regarded Jaze very casually, as if he was assessing him. He reached to his belt and pulled out a radio with one hand, and a gun with another. Almost lazily, he fired past Jaze at Williams' ashes - he was clearly something far more dangerous than Williams had been.

He spoke into the radio: "The target has been dealt with. There are some... cattle running amok, but I'll leave them as per instructed. I'm on my way back up."

Replacing the radio back into his utility belt, he regarded Jaze again in the same lazy manner. Like a cat playing with a mouse.

"My goals and affiliations are not your business, 'Cattle'. Though if you were actually Williams' cattle, I doubt very much you would have had the werewithall to be able to perform such a chilling execution-style kill. No, the bond between pet and master is too strong, and you're not an assassin. Otherwise, I would have killed you already.

"Fortunately for you, I'm feeling charitable tonight. I'm supposed to clean this place out completely, but I'll let you go this time, providing you and yours stay out of my way. Stop playing with fire, and you won't get burned... Go now, while you still can."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim's mad barrel bizzarely would work; but as she collided with the vampire, his sharp nails gouged her shoulders and back as she attempted to drive the stake home.

Jae cried out angrily - it would probably be audible to Jaze, even if he was enchanted by the Mysterious Riot Gear Man.

As the vampire disinergrated away, she skidded along on her front before slowly trying to picked herself up, wincing.

"Jaze... you there? Are we done yet...?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2:

The young male model cowering in front of Carl, just started to jibber.

"L-look man, I just don't want to cause waves... I know when I'm beat, I know I was just a toy to her, so just take what you want..."

In the other room, Carl would find the three models who had been on sick leave. One girl was out cold, trying to sleep off her flu, whereas the other two huddled together, and would look at him fearfully - it was clear that they had heard the exchange outside and were nervous.

But if he made it clear he was sympathetic to them, and that he was about to present them with a way out, they might well move a lot faster.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No.4 would be forced to release Ben; Diarmuid's charge would force the vampire and his victim apart. Ben would hit the staircase with some force, and No.4 would topple backwards.

There would not be enough time for No.4 to recover to defend himself - he would have dropped his knife when Diarmuid knocked him back from Ben, and Diarmuid's stake attack would be successful. A dazed Ben would watch on, as he tried to gather himself. There was the possibility he could be concussed...

As for Barrett, he too was lucky - he managed to take out So-Macho. On the not-so fortunate side, he would get a full brunt blast to the face as So-Macho collapsed to dust. It would take him at least 30 seconds to recover and get back to his feet.

Niamh's target, Vampire No.2, would be hit in the face by her globe of Holy Water. An ear-piercing howl would go up as he over-balanced and dropped his gun. They were all very lucky, as the gun didn't misfire as it skidded along the stairs.

He was yet to be fully vanquished - Niamh would have to kill Vampire No.2 by herself, as it was looking unlikely that Barrett would be able to help in time.

Mike would be trying to help one of the injured models to stand - time would be running out to help the models evacuate.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Medical Team aka Dawson:

In the basement of Williams' former zigguraut, an old Ford van would screech into one of the parking bays at a slightly dodgy angle, and three men would emerge and head towards the service bay: Dean, Nate and Dawson, who were all Anima medic-types.

Nate began to scope out the area and go on ahead, whereas Dean would shout into his radio, which was tuned to the Anima's current frequency.

"GUYS? THIS IS, UH... i can't believe i have to say this... THIS IS DOCTOR MCDREAMY HERE. PLEASE RESPOND, YOU'VE BEEN OUT OF CONTACT FOR TOO LONG. WE'RE HERE TO HELP, PLEASE RESPOND AND UPDATE US OF YOUR SITUATION."

Dean would turn to Dawson, looking extremely worried.

"Look, we're in here to help extract a team. They've been out of contact with Garrick for way too long and there's probably civilians in trouble too. I'm gonna keep trying to raise them on the radio... Look, this could get really hairy, probably the hairiest any of us has seen... Have you got any, uh... War zone experience like this?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All teams would here this message blast through their radios.

"GUYS? THIS IS, UH... i can't believe i have to say this... THIS IS DOCTOR MCDREAMY HERE. PLEASE RESPOND, YOU'VE BEEN OUT OF CONTACT FOR TOO LONG. WE'RE HERE TO HELP, PLEASE RESPOND AND UPDATE US OF YOUR SITUATION."

((Sorry for the late update. Tenshi, you're a-go!))
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmuid felt the red haze begin to descend as he drove his stake home into the vampire's broad chest. He bore his target to the ground, ripping the stake out and driving it in again. He stabbed and stabbed until the vampire dissolved into dust. He stood, whirling with a roar on his lips. A figure cowered on the floor, blood around its mouth, looking dazed. Dia realised as he rounded on this new target that this wasn't a target at all.

The shock cleared the fog from his mind. He'd been halfway to looking at Ben as a target. He shook his head and took stock of the situation. Only one of the beasts was still alive... undead... whatever. And Niamh looked to have that one under control. He ached all over, and his rear would be bruised tomorrow. He didn't relish going back to the lab for a long day's research after crashing down onto that step. He shoved the stake back into his belt, and was about to see how Ben was when the message came on the radio.

"McDreamy," he smirked " ((Dia's codename..was it Peter Parker?)), we're on the move down the back stairwell. With you shortly."

He turned back to Ben. "Can you stand, my friend?" It shook him to seen Ben in such a condition. he would offer the man an arm for the rest of the journey down the stairs. He spoke up. "We need to get a move on people. Hurry, quick as you can."

((The last paragraph to take place after the disposal of the last vamp))
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third man out of the fan wore a navy blue shirt, with a lighter shade of blue scrub pants. His shoes were simple sneakers, inexpensive and common. A high collar from the shirt gave way to a few day's face stubble. Ear-length, slightly wavy, sandy blond hair almost covered the arms of simple, silver-rimmed glasses. Overall, the man's face was narrow and very bookish.

He paused at the back of the Ford van as it's rear doors opened, glancing around the car lot with paranoia. Sucking in air, he dropped out of the back of the Ford van with a practiced ease. Then he immediately turned to retrieve a small pack full of various medical tools. His eyes were about as wide as saucers, and his breathing was already moving to the border of hyperventilation. With difficulty, he took a few deep breaths to calm himself.

"Easy, Dawson. Just like old times, but with guns..."

"Have you got any, uh... War zone experience like this?" one of the other men, Dean, asked.
"War zone...?" Dawson replied, blinking a few times.

He adjusted his glasses back up his nose, letting them come to rest in the exact same place they had been a moment before.

"I mean, I was a paramedic, but... Don't you think they'll already have all the bad guys taken care of?" He asked, while pulling the medical pack's strap tighter up his shoulder. This of course caused a slight misalignment of his glasses, which he fixed with the exact motion as before.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((For Barrett's sake, I would love to retconn the part where he's apparently blinded and emptying a clip at a target he can't see... but whatever. I really hope he didn't hit anyone.))

Barrett coughed and struggled to breathe past the ashy dust clogging his lungs. One day, he'd remember that last damned defense of theirs: when they're guaranteed to go out, they like to mess with you even then... He shoved his gun back in his pocket, put down his stake and scrubbed at his eyes, blinking as fast as he could to clear them. He knew there was a live target somewhere behind him, and Dia could no doubt use the help ahead of him too. Unable to act, he listened and sensed as hard as he could, fighting to clear his eyes so he could get back into the fray.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not quite," Jaze called back to Jae angrily.

"While I still can? What's that supposed to mean, tough guy?" Jaze demanded. Sexy man just turned into a jerk-face man--probably what infuriated Jaze the most was the lazy manner in which he replied, as if Jaze wasn't worth his time. "And what do you mean, clear this place out completely? Are you planning on blowing this entire place up?"

Jaze's eyes widened. Connections were made. "You're the ones behind the computer failures, aren't you? What are you up to? Maybe we can bring this place down together." An added benefit to the now-dead Williams mission.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: