FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1:

“Hey guys! It’s good to hear your voices. Look, another group have just tried to break into the building. Don’t know who it is, but chances are it’s either another nearby Prince or someone trying to frame him. Looks like they’re pretty well equipped too, so watch your backs. This is could get a lot more hectic than we originally anticipated,” Jae Kim replied. “Team 1 is going to carry on with their mission perimeters regardless however. Stay in touch, and stay out of trouble.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Hey, you can’t do this! I’ve got rights!” Raquelle would screech as Jaze, tied her up. “Oooooh, I hope they bleed all of you dry! Bear’ll take them all down and then he’ll come after you too, and then you’ll just be cattle like the rest of us! And you’ll like it!”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The voices from the stairwell would continue, and the fire-fight that appeared to be going on above them became a lot more audible. The Hunters would be able to hear some gun fire raging above them, and hurried steps down the stairwell in their direction. Then there would be a loud thud, as if a person had fallen over, followed by a hiss of pain. If they looked through the doors, they would be able to see humanoid figures crouched down together, kneeling. Those who possessed Detect and were using it would be able to discern that they were all vampires – 4 to be specific.

“Sir! Mr Williams… Are you alright?”

“…Fine, just… must have caught my shoulder… Might have hit…”

“…Hit more than your shoulder Sir, Shall I…”

“No, no need for that. If I can feed soon… regain strength… easy to get to the cattle pens?”

“In a situation like this?”


The entire conversation would not be audible to the Hunters, certainly not over Raquelle’s screeching nor the fight that raged in the levels above them. But it would appear that Williams himself sat not twenty feet away from their current position. Their goal was still within reach, but he appeared to be accompanied by a handful of guards. Team 1 could proceed with their mission, but it would not be long before they would have to move on and perhaps become interested in Raquelle’s screeching…

Team 1 could try to sneak up on Williams and his bodyguards on the stairwell, or they could attempt and ambush as they went past.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Even though the gunshots were clearly still in the distance, Jae Kim’s head whipped around to stare at the door. She could hear the various thudding and thumping about which seemed to be going on in the stairwell outside, as well as the voices, though it was difficult over Raquelle’s indignant cries.

Getting flat against the wall, and cradling the radio under her chin, she fumbled about as she searched for her flick knife.

“Cripes… I think the target just landed right in our laps, guys. J… I mean Jake… I mean Peter Parker… get your butt over here and tell me what we’re facing,” she hissed under her breath, getting ready to act.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2:

“A couple of the girls are pretty sick; they got laid up with the flu last night so they had to cancel being in this shoot at the last minute. If there’s something going down… I mean something dangerous… I just don’t want to leave them behind. It’s on the way out of the building,” Pretty Boy explained hesitantly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Barrett crept out onto the stairwell, he would be able to hear the fight raging on several levels above, but it would be a lot fainter. There would be no immediate danger and he would not be able to hear anyone on approach.

It would be a good time to gather up those who were willing and perhaps make a run for it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Errrr... it's Mike. I mean, that's my name."
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Barret looking into the stairwell, Tara decided to keep an eye on him, just in case. She also set to work directing any nearby models towards Niamh and her model friend. She felt a growing sense of urgency, and nervously twisted her bracelet, mentally going through her usual routines, wondering if it was possible that a slip up in those might result in immediate bad luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We'll take care of it." Peter said moving back down the herd of hostages towards Diarmuid. Even if they didn't have time to take care of it he figured there was no point in telling the pretty boy that they were going to leave them there.
"Hey boss," quietly so the hostages couldn't overhear, "young man over there recons there's another group of humans in the building on our way out. You want we should go nab them?"
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We'll pick them up on the way out." Dia knew they needed to be quick, and these poorly models would slow them down. "But," he said, speaking directly to the young man in question "you should be aware that we're in something of a hurry. If they're guarded, particularly by vampires, we might well have to leave them."
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze, satisfied that Raquelle was neutralized, trundled over to Jae and pressed his ear against the door. His eyes widened.

"Yeah, that's our target all right. Let's get this done," he said, tightening his grip on his gun. "Let's ambush them."

Raquelle's screeching hit Jaze's ears like a foghorn. He turned, holding his gun out. "Scream one more time and I'll put a bullet in you, one body part at a time. And I'll let you bleed to death." He turned his attention to the group rapidly approaching the door, hoping the woman wouldn't call his bluff.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh smiled at Mike and nodded with regards to Dia's comment, "Well as the boss man says we'll do what we can, and really it's all that can be promised in an unknown situation. Oh and if you could try and keep the rest of the models quiet and moving with us when we go that would make this whole kaboodle go alot smoother, Mike."

Niamh walked up to the door, listened for a second for sounds of trouble and then peeked around it at Barrett, "yo dude, we clear? 'cause we're pretty much ready to go from this end."
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett replied without looking away. "We're still clear here. Dunno how long though. Which way we going out?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh nodded, "Down i do believe. I'll tell the gang, we totally need to get a wiggle on."

Niamh leaned back into the room and nodded to Dia, "The coast is clear, but unknown on how long. We need to get the gang moving."

Niamh waited by the door figuring that Dia would be the one to take charge on the getting people to the door and heading down the stairs.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1

"Scream one more time and I'll put a bullet in you, one body part at a time. And I'll let you bleed to death."

At that, Raquelle just froze and stared at Jaze. She didn’t continue to scream, she didn’t continue to struggle – she didn’t even appear to be able of shrinking back. She just sat on the floor, unblinking.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim just stared when Jaze snapped at the lapdog – she’d seen him angry before, and she seen him irrational when he had been in withdrawal, but she’d never seen him bite off the head of a lapdog before. They didn’t need this, not when someone was coming so close to their position. She reached out and put a hand on his back.

“Dude… she’s not worth it, chill out. We’ve got incoming…” she hissed, trying to distract him from Raquelle.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“What the heck was that?”

“… Don’t know Sir. Sounded like a shouting match…”

“Think they’ve penetrated the building else where?”

“It’s a possibility.”

“At this point, I’m getting tired of possibilities and conjecture, Hamilton. I want an answer.”

“Let’s just get to the basement Sir; we’ve got a car waiting now. Oliver will take point and check ahead.”


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 1 were now officially out of choices. Those with the ability to Detect, if they were utilising said ability, would be able to sense 4 vampires outside. Three would be moving downwards from the landing above them. One would already be on their level’s landing, right at the door.

The side of the door which Jae Kim was leaning against slammed open, which would knock her down to the floor and the flick-knife out of her hand.

They would be confronted by a vampire, dressed smartly in a dark grey suit – he must have been Oliver. He didn’t have a weapon to hand immediately – security must have been feeling cocky – but as soon as he caught sight of Jaze and a bound Raquelle he swore loudly and reached inside his jacket. There was a shoulder rig.

Jaze and Anna would only have a split second to act and neutralise him; Williams and his security team would realise in a second that there were intruders to be dealt with.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2

Pretty Boy aka Mike nodded grimly.

“I understand Mister, but I’m not leaving without them. I think there will be a bit of security, but because most of us are uh… out on a job or in this studio, it shouldn’t be that bad. Or at least I don’t think so…”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At this point, the models would be easily herded along in the direction that Team 2 chose. They were currently just slowly gathering together, and watching the Hunters more with curiosity than fear. The Hunters hadn’t offered them any violence and since Mike had taken the initiative and shown them trust, they seemed to be slowly warming up to the idea as well. No comments were made about the wisdom of trusting strangers.

As per the plan given to them earlier by Garrick, providing they remembered it, they would have to advance downstairs by two levels. Many levels above them, they would be able to hear the echoes of gunfights and shouting. The fighting was still in the distance at that point.

As they reached the landing of the level where the dormitories where, they would be able to hear two voices conversing and those who had the ability to Detect would feel a vampire presence there, but it was not a particularly strong one. There were perhaps two at most in the immediate vicinity.

“We can’t! What if Mr Williams finds out, or one of the other reports us?”

“Think I care about something like that? C’mon sweetheart, come with me. The defences are down, now is our shot to get out of this… this dump.”


Team 2 had some choices in front of them. They could split up, and some of the team kept the models moving on while the others checked the dormitories for the sick models. Or they could attempt to tackle the problem as a complete unit. It would only be a matter of time before security on the ground level made their way up the building…
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett covered the rear as they descended, keeping his eyes, ears, and other senses open for activity near them. He was quietly pleased to see the models moving so easily; someone's honey caught more flies than my vinegar would have. As his hands tingled again, he radioed quietly down to the team leading the models out, "Banner, Team Two, you've got some fighting above us and some vamps a lot closer to us. Watch your backs and open doors slowly..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara helped herd the models toward - she couldn't remember all of Garrick's instructions, but apparently someone had. She tried to appear calm, and assured the nervous models that everything was going to be alright - but she couldn't quite stop shaking.

She heard Barret's warning dimly from someone else's radio, and went to hover in the stairwell landing, listening carefully to the noises above, and a few whispered voices below. Would it make too much noise for her to go down? She wasn't terribly light, and she didn't want to attract unwanted attention. But then again, she thought looking over her shoulders, the models would make more noise. So she crept down the stairs as quietly and slowly as possible and stand on the landing behind Barrett - she could hear distinct words now.
“We can’t! What if Mr Williams finds out, or one of the other reports us?”

“Think I care about something like that? C’mon sweetheart, come with me. The defences are down, now is our shot to get out of this… this dump.”

Vampires? Or a vampire and a human?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The models seemed to move along without any undue fuss, which was a blessing really considering how reluctant they'd been to get moving in the first place. The argument from behind the door was less so, they could hardly stop all the hostages and expect a few of them not to scream when trouble kicked off. So far things had been proceeding in a relatively stealthy manner, which, Carl reflected, was good because killing things was tiring and dangerous.

Carl laid a hand on Tara’s shoulder and titled his head towards the door, "Come on, we can’t have them following down behind us."
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara nodded, though not completely sure she understood, and moved forward slowly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze had already been looking at the door, ready for something to pop out after he had heard the commotion. Jaze only needed the vampire to burst through the door, pulling the trigger once his target was presented. He immediately fired three rounds into the vampire, all aimed for the head.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dia noticed that Carl and Tara were moving off. He dropped to the back of the group to keep them moving, and to briefly speak to his team.

"You guys go and see about finding the sick people we were told about. I'll keep this lot moving. Shout if you need any help back there. Don't be afraid to bug out and leave them if you need to - better to get out with ourselves and some of our target intact than to lose team members AND some of our target."

He kept his voice low. It was something of a callous decision, and he really didn't want any of the group he was escorting to hear too much of it,. whether they would understand or not.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group