FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jae Kim had been about to reply to Jim's question, but instead let out and extremely loud and resounding "EEEEEEEEEEEEK" as Jaze came up behind her and began his tickling. She gave the young man a sharp elbow to the ribs on instinct, before leaping away and out of his reach, making sure she was standing opposite him.

"Well, I'm Yoon Jae Kim, and I get spooked when people walk up behind me," she responded to Jim, before indicating Jaze with a steely glare. "And this is Jaze - his hobby is invading your personal space and being a pest too, on occasion. It's a hobby he should really reconsider, because one day he's gonna goof off and get someone injured," Jae Kim continued to mutter, though it would be obvious from her glower and the red glow creeping across her face that more than anything, she was resentful about Jaze stealing her dignity.

Shifting her guitar to her left arm, she held the door to the Situation Room open with her right hand, so Jim and Jaze could enter. It was obvious at this point she wasn't going to let anyone stand behind her if she could help it. The men could go on in.

"Is there anything you'd like to tell us about yourself?" she said, trying to regain a semblance of introductory conversation.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Garrick raised an eyebrow at Niamh's joke, and smiled as Anna moved in quickly to greet Tara, before replying to each remark in turn. He indicated for the people gathering, including a returning Diarmuid and Barrett to take a seat at the table.

"It's good to hear that you're getting used to the life here; it can take a few months, but you're in good hands with Anna and everyone in our home team... Though I think after tonight, most of us will want to curl up and crash. I know I will - this has taken some organising," he replied indulgently. "Ah, I'm sorry about that Niamh, but we're on something of a tight schedule this evening, and I'd like to have you all back well before sunrise if I can. It's good to hear that things are coming along though..."

Turning slightly to address the room as a whole, he leant forward at the table, resting his chin on top of clasped hands.

"Please, everyone make yourselves comfortable. As soon as we've gathered, then I'll go over the particulars for what has been planned for tonight. It's a tad complicated; I'm going to have to split you all into two teams... Are we waiting on many others yet? Is there anything you want to sort out before we begin the briefing then?"
Tomato

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wasn't sure what to make of the situation. He didn't figure on this level of awkwardness.

"I..." he started.

He walked through the door and followed behind Jae.

"I'm old. And wizened. And unable to comprehend you youngin's with your new and bizarre ways."

Tickling. Why, in my day, a girl just needed the right look and she'd go a squealin'.

Did I seriously just think that?

He awaited Jae and Jaze on the other side.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara smiled, still nervous. She was smiling a lot wasn't she? Still nervous, she settled in her seat, waiting to hear what tonight would bring.
Nem

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl was making a large pot of coffee when the call tore through the building. There was a certain artistry to making a good cup of coffee in his opinion, it started with the issue of quite how thick you could make the stuff before it became impossible to drink. It was an issue he'd been playing with all afternoon until the coffee had reached the potency of paint stripper. He took the time to pour himself a mug of the thick tar-like liquid and headed off towards the situation room humming Knocking on Heaven's Door to himself under his breath and idly wielding the pot in his other hand.
He arrived just in time to hear Jae's loud exclamation but thought it best not to comment instead pretending to be preoccupied with taking a sip of his coffee as he moved along into the room.
- Issa
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh shrugged her shoulders at Garrick, "Not to worry really, it's not as though it would have been viable for tonight anyways. And i have the process down i think?..."

Niamh's voice trailed off as she watched the others wander into the room.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze waltzed into the room with a huge, accomplished smile on his face. "I'd like to say I'm the best ninja ever."

He turned to Jim and winked. "We youngins' aren't too hard to comprehend after a while."
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((apologies for the late post, but I've been super busy this week and I had my live on Wednesday, as well as an epic after party. I'm assuming everyone has gather at this point))

“I hope you’re all sitting comfortably – I’ve got something new planned for you tonight…”

Garrick stood up from his seat as the other members began to gather around the table, and then started to organise his papers in the middle of the conference table so that all of the Hunters could get a good look at the plans and schematics he had been looking over.

Notably, there were a few pictures of one rather well dressed male at social functions and red carpet soirees, which seemed to be taken by the usual paparazzi. He appeared to be in his early thirties, grinning widely and always with a different twenty-something buxom blonde clinging to his arm. It would be a novelty for such things to be included in a meeting briefing. There would also be plans for a high-rise office building as well, showing emergency exits and service routes.

“The Babel Media Group is a talent scouting agency who keep their main offices in the downtown City district, and they’ve been growing slowly but steadily in size. They cater to a lot of things – drama filming, model and even hiring out event singers. And while they do actually do a lot of legitimate media work, they’re also a front for a very large “lap-dog” auctioneering operation,” Garrick explained to the team.

“Quite a few of the talents signed on get… set up as it were, with prominent vampires. Quite a few more get signed on and disappear into the “training dorms” and just don’t get seen by their friends and family again. It’s a thinly veiled training ground for “pedigree lap-dogs” or “high-class cattle” – it seems that having a trained lap-dog is something that’s been coming back in fashion after looking at the recent financial turnarounds for Babel Group in the past two years.

“Our mission is going to be to infiltrate this… media facility and take care of the vampires that are in charge. I’ll explain a bit more on how we’ll divide the work in a moment… But does anyone have any questions thus far?”

While it would be obvious there were things Garrick had yet to divulge, it would be a good chance to voice any concerns or side questions at this point.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim scowled at Jaze as she closed the door behind her, and plonked her guitar against the wall before she flopped down in her seat with arms folded across her chest. The younger man was not grinning his way out of this one.

"I'd like to say I'm the best ninja ever."

"Quit bein' smug. You know I'll get you back for that..." she muttered, not too bothered about whether or not she was heard by the others. Her dignity wasn't salvagable at this point in time.

She sobered up quite quickly though as she listened to what Garrick had to say - the building pictures looked pretty epic. And who was the dude with harem in the photos? He had to be a big player, if his face was included in the briefing right? Another thing that Garrick had said was bugging her... She slid her hand into the air.

"Wait... so we're getting split up to do this? Won't security be pretty heavy in a place like this?"
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Of course you will," Jaze said, winking at her.

The reformed addict listened intently, but he really didn't understand what was going on. "So...basically they're just training to be servants then disappearing, and our mission is to find out what happened to them?" Jaze asked.
Tomato

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim looked around as he found an empty seat. He folded his arms across his chest and tried to listen intently.

As Garrick explained things, he began to understand a little better what this group was about: not necessarily wiping the world clean of vampires, but of sabotaging and destroying their otherwise intricate and subversive infrastructure.

No particular questions seemed to come to his mind, though he thought it odd that Jae would immediately take concern at being split up. It seemed to him that splitting up a group in an office building would be most effective and safe. A group of decked-out vampire hunters in a vampire-run office building would be rather conspicuous, but individuals or smaller groups could perhaps pass as civilians or workers. Garrick seemed to have everything in line, either way. What Jim wasn't sure about was the ultimate goal here. What could a small strike like the one they're setting up accomplish? There were certainly going to be more details.

Jim ran his hand over his infuriatingly silver pate.

"Hmph."
Violabelle

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna pulled some of the pictures towards her slightly with her finger tips. "Who is this?" she asked softly, after Jae had her question answered. If this was one of the vampires, she thought unhappily, there was going to be a ton of security.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barret held his questions. Though Garrick's introduction certainly raised more questions for him than it answered, he'd save them until later when the more obvious ones had been covered: who, where, when, and how. Really, only the how interested him at present; he leaned his elbows on the table and studied the plans for the Babel Media Group offices.

The why didn't need to be explained, really.

Last edited by Spindrifter on Sun May 11, 2008 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dia raised an eyebrow, and smirked at the concept - he thought about making some slightly risqué jokes, but now probably wasn't the time...

"Nothing so far, boss. All seems fairly straightforward."
Feaelen

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh scanned Garrick's face as he talked and then glanced down at the paper/pictures on the table before looking around the room to see the reactions of her "co-workers".

Niamh quirked an eyebrow in Dia's direction as she saw the look on his face, hoping he'd share the joke but not at all surprised when he chose the more professional route.

Niamh decided against asking any questions and settled back in her chair, hoping that this "plan" didn't involve anyone getting into this "training" program.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara furrowed her brow as she listened to Garrick's explanation. She'd seen some former lapdogs, and knew that this mission was not going to give her any good dreams. She hadn't really come to Anima with any expectations, but now she discovered that she was relieved they'd be helping some people instead of just killing vamps. Well, at least if she had heard correctly. She decided to listen to the other's questions, who knew, some of her own unvoiced ones might get answered while they were at it. Besides, she wanted to hear Garrick out before asking anything. She took up twisting her bracelet, and staring intently at the building plans, trying to memorize them. The man in the pictures also drew her eye, and she was a bit thankful when Anna said, "Who is this?"
Nem

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So, wet work I take it." Carl said playing his mug from hand to hand as it cooled and leaning over the documents spread out on the table. "Do we know how many vamps we're looking at or whether they'll all be at the facility when we get there?"
- Issa
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: