FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

HAIR!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

How many of you actually care about this topic? And I mean for real.
Yes, I do, I do! *waves hand madly*
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Um... how to put this politely... No.
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel special that I may have had a hand in partly inspiring this. This is a big deal, for a gal with long hair to cut her hair short. I hope it's an exciting and refreshing experience for you!
Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Well, I've had medium (by AsA's standards) hair for most of my life. I must say, its a pain to wash, cause it takes an extra 5 minutes to wash, and more to condition, but it is fun to have it blowing around in the wind :3

Good timing! I'm going to get a haircut today.

I almost got it cut spontaneously yesterday, but the shop closed D:

Query: How much do y'all think I would regret getting an anti-mullett? (i.e. long(collarbone length) in the wront graduating to 3/4 inch in the back) I really want one D: But... the consequences and longevity of the decision...

Me hair now:
Noooow
A better pic, I guess

Me with anti-mullet:
???
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomato wrote:
I feel special that I may have had a hand in partly inspiring this. This is a big deal, for a gal with long hair to cut her hair short. I hope it's an exciting and refreshing experience for you!

Hmm...that's really sweet, Mato. It probably will fail to be an exciting and/or refreshing experience, since I'd probably need to care more, but it will be new! (So...I suppose it is a wee bit exciting.) And by the way, I've had long hair before and spontaneously chopped it off to support a girlfriend who had been diagnosed with cancer. And when I chop things, I chop things. (A.k.a. I braided my hair, then my 'stylist' hacked it off to ear level. Now that's dramatic.) Very Happy

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Merlenyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have medium-short hair. It's currently several inches below my shoulders, and is rather curly. Like... parts of my hair turn to spiralling ringlets after I wash my hair if I don't style it any other way. It's a dark brown (one friend somehow confused it with black once), and frizzy/fluffy. I haven't settled on one shampoo/conditioner set that I like yet, I'm prone to changing things every few months, and I see some ideas here to try already! For frizz... I have some "Frizz Ease" stuff that helps alot, when I remember to put the stuff in!

As for brushing... yea my hair tangles a bit, but it doesn't take me no hour or more to pick them out... I usually try to remember to braid my hair before bed to help guard against tangles, though I have semi-bangs at chin length that don't like to go back into the braid. But that's how I got my hair cut, and for the most part, I love my hair.

I have had it shorter, (4th grade it was ugly bowl cut at ears... >.<) had long hair for YEARS after that, then couple years ago i started getting it cut to about shoulders or just above... now I'm letting it grow out again.

Often it's left hanging down now (highschool I couldn't stand it down and had it pulled back) and I use claw clips to pull it up when I want it back and outta the way. Sometimes I style my hair straight, which weirds people out since I rarely do it... I look way different with straight hair. Though I wasn't born with curls! I was born straight-haired, and towards end of highschool it started to wave... and then went BOING! and had curls since I started college.

One thing about the shampoos and things... I used to use Suave cause it was cheap and it worked really well... when I lived in Missouri for two years. The town I lived and went to college in had alot of sulfur in the water and it seemed to help alot too... When I moved back home to California, the water and the Suave didn't get along. So boo, no more Suave. lol
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! I have a friend who was born with straight golden hair, hit middle school and BANG! Crazy curls and brown hair all over the place. The one time she straightened it scared the living daylights out of me.

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horsin'around wrote:

) And by the way, I've had long hair before and spontaneously chopped it off to support a girlfriend who had been diagnosed with cancer. And when I chop things, I chop things. (A.k.a. I braided my hair, then my 'stylist' hacked it off to ear level. Now that's dramatic.) Very Happy

oh! I did that! My hair was just barely long enough - it was literally too my ears. It was still ridiculously short when I went to Nicaragua that summer, and I was doing construction, talk about getting in the way (construction work, glasses, and short hair should never in any way shape or form mix). I was glad I could do it, but my braid was the shortest one there. Though what it lacked for in length it made up for in thickness.
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Ponce? that 'hair stylist appointment' ... is it the same stylist that choped it all off?

Good luck getting used to less weight on your head!

And I know what you mean, People with really curly hair, after straightening, is like seeing a friend with new braces, glasses, and haircut all in one day... -__-;;
Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
B. Do you braid it wet or dry?
Halfway house. Too wet, and it goes all weird when it dries. Too dry, and you end up with stray hairs everywhere.

Tomato wrote:
Why does marriage preclude styling - or even uncovered hair? O.o
Having snared a man with which to put up your cabinets, you no longer need the traps.

Asa wrote:
I think Tetris was really talking about short being like a guy's short - buzz or crew cut or something. Am I right?
Did... did we just get unofficially Dubbed? Shocked

And yes... although a buzz cut would be "very short" - "short" is more like 2 inches or so.

Sparrow wrote:
but it is fun to have it blowing around in the wind :3
Cue the Dylan!

Merlenyn wrote:
and I use claw clips to pull it up when I want it back and outta the way.
Our hair eats claw clips. Not literally... but all the shifting around it does causes the claws to break off.

Merlenyn wrote:
For frizz... I have some "Frizz Ease" stuff that helps alot, when I remember to put the stuff in!
Oo! John Freida, right? The Matriarch has some of that. Stare at the stuff every morning of the holidays (it's on a shelf right at eye-level). Never tried it, though (touching her products is an automatic death sentence).

cvcdaisy3 wrote:
And I know what you mean, People with really curly hair, after straightening, is like seeing a friend with new braces, glasses, and haircut all in one day... -__-;;
While it's slightly off-topic, there's a funny story there. Many years ago when we were still I, the optician said, "You're short-sighted. You need glasses, squinty," or at least something to that general effect. So I select a pair and pay with the NHS voucher and a week later Specsavers (you should have gone there) ring up and say "They're ready," so I go into town and collect them and place them upon my face... and the next morning I go into school AND NOBODY NOTICES. Why? Because I was such a weapons-grade geek that they'd all been pencilling in glasses on their mental pictures of me for years.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
CBB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hair hair hair hair hair hair hair hair hair!

I can't wait for my hair to grow long enough to pull back in a ponytail-that's been my goal for years. Problem is, my hair grows naturally layered-that is to say, the back grows faster than the front, and my bangs are agonizingly slow.

Another problem is, though, is that I parted my hair right down the middle for so many years that I have a permanent part there-which looks, to put it politely, stupid. Who knows how long it will take to repair the damage there...

And I agree that long hair is much easier to manage. The first time I grew it out, though, I had no idea that you had to take care of it, so I was left with about six inches of dead follicles hanging off the ends-but now this time! This time, split ends are history.

I'd like to grow it all the way down to my waist-but people usually gasp in horror when I tell them that...

Psychosomatic! That boy needs therapy...
Ya que estamos en el baile, ¡bailemos!

Keeper of Earthsong's Wispy Wooshy Memory Ball
Keeper of the Dragon Planet
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Rado wrote:
Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

How did I not quote this before?

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is hopeless! (and scary...)

Eh, Cube? It's not the same styslist. Very Happy

Ponce
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm posting here because I just realised that despite being a girl I have commented in the Beards thread and not this one.
I guess I have medium length hair by Asa's standards but I'd like it to be longer. And it's slightly wavy, I never style it, not even for special occasions, all I do is tie it in a boyish ponytail when I go diving.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like diving. Very Happy *cough* Hair. Right.

I loathe my hair.

Ponce
Merlenyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the "let's see how long I can grow my hair before I get tired and want a change" mode. So... I'll prolly just get a couple inch trim, with light layers again when I go in, to keep everything neat and pretty, and continue as I have been. I wouldn't mind having the really long hair (midback or longer) like I did before my mom chopped it off in 4th grade... It'd be interesting to see how my curls dealt with the length... right now, it almost gets curlier with length...
Ravenna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided: provided I have no other important commitments that pop up, I'm going next Friday after class and getting my hair trimmed and restyled. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: