FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

HAIR!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

How many of you actually care about this topic? And I mean for real.
Yes, I do, I do! *waves hand madly*
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Um... how to put this politely... No.
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*to the beginning* my definition of long= longer than mine, short= above shoulder, medium = between my length and shoulder.
No matter what people say, I can't change that view, that's just how my sense of comparison works.
On that note, my hair is approximately 5 cm below the shoulder. meaning approximately arm-pit level

I really can't be bothered about my hair too much, if it's clean, neat-looking, and out of my face, it's fine. Meaning: it stays in a ponytail.
About curlyness, my hair is completely and absolutely flat. I never really know what I'd rather have, curly hair is pretty, if it's properly maintained, so, I usually reach the conclusion that 'my hair's fine the way it is.'

Coloring: I basically agree with Mato, too much is... wierd. A bit is ok, but it also depends on your 'natural' appearance. Bleached hair, if it's done badly, can be compared with eyelashes... you get my point.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyris wrote:
A). Clearly we are operating under very different definitions of "short." When one has short hair, it can't get in one's eyes because it's too short.Wink

I whole heartedly disagree. I've worn my hair short (short for me being shoulders and above - but in this particular case my hair was chipped off almost to my ears) for the last several years - and it got in my eyes plenty. And then it was too short to put back. Nightmare - especially during PE.

I've never had trouble with my hair sticking to my neck - I mostly because I tend to put it back when I get sweaty.

I use Garnier Fructise. =3
My hair was always really frizzy, so we kept changing brands to try and tame it - it's been about the only thing that works. =o (though the shampoo Victoria's Secret makes works great and smells amazing! I don't know about organic or animal testing though. . .)

My major problem with my hair is that it won't DO ANYTHING. It molds itself to one position and stays that way. All day. You can't do anything to change it, it's even visible when it's back. And I've no idea how to put my hair up decently, no one's taught me and my hair's a bit too wavy to stick into a braid.

Coloring: I don't approve. I think people should stick with a single hair color - you can tell otherwise. What cracks me up is that my sister dyes her hair red. She had red hair naturally - why the heck does she want it a shade darker?
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to do highlights, but my hair is going to get them anyways because of the chlorine damage I acquire. Sad
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, I seemed to have the opposite problem of a few forum members - up until Feburary, my hair was longish as in shoulder blade length. I had had my hair at this length for YEARS now, and usually wore it in a tail or braid and I was bored stiff with it.

While braids and tails were functional, I was little bit tired and I decided I wanted something COMPLETELY different. So during the consult with my hairdresser about what style to do, when he asked me if "mou chotto mijikai ii?" or "can I go a littler shorter", I said sure why not. And it got trimmed back to mid-neck length! It was a bit more dramatic than I was expecting, but I liked what he'd done and it was a good change. Unfortunately, I think I need to get it trimmed back because it's creeping back to shoulder length. ><

I don't have anything against dyeing, but I've been dyeing my hair on and off during my time at uni.

As for shampoos, I tend to change mine every three months - I can't remember what I was last using when I was at home, but I agree with Space that Lush is very nice.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tinu on the premise of...

When I had short hair--a little bit below my ears--it was a nightmare for my active lifestyle. I couldn't pin it back, and it got in my face all the time!! Very irritating.

As for colouring, well, the only time I've dyed my hair is to try to get the reddish hue out of it. I have dark brown hair with auburn highlights, which I quite simply loathe. So, a year ago I made the mistake of trying to get the red out. What a fiasco. I will never do that again. Major pain the butt.

By the way, Mato, I'm thinking about butchering my hair to shoulder length. It's beginning to get 'too long' anywho, so I figure I'd get it cut before show season.

Perhaps I should start a poll. How much hair should Ponce chop off? Very Happy

This strikes me quite suddenly as altogether ridiculous. Wow. Neutral

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you try to get the red out? I think that shade of hair is beautiful! People always tell me I have lovely red hair, but I disagree, it's the exact color of faded pine straw or old plywood.

and I'm actually growing mine out for the first time in years, and I'm about to go get a new cut (it's kinda blah now), but I'm having a ton of difficulty deciding on the hairstyle.
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good luck with the hair cut (picture to show us afterwards (p=or before/after)... please?)

Personally, I think all hair colors look good, but any type of red is great. You might have faded pine straw, mine = light brown, used to be dirty blond. I've got the most commonplace hair color imaginable, (unless you count black, but that comes in so many textures...)
Squeeself

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squee, as a gooey blob o' splat, lacks hair. So it's pretty safe to assume Squee doesn't care about hair. XD
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The horrible Ponce wrote:
Perhaps I should start a poll. How much hair should Ponce chop off?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NONE! LEAVE IT ALONE! DON"T BUTCHER IT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*puppy eyes* Please?

I think Tetris was really talking about short being like a guy's short - buzz or crew cut or something. Am I right?

Mine is too long to style. It would just look wierd. If I ever chop it, I was going to say I'd style it, but by that point I"ll probably be married, and it'll all be covered up anyway, so it won't matter. At which point I"ll probably decide to not cut it.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
I was going to say I'd style it, but by that point I"ll probably be married, and it'll all be covered up anyway, so it won't matter. At which point I"ll probably decide to not cut it.

Why does marriage preclude styling - or even uncovered hair? O.o

PONCE. You should cut your hair shorter than you're comfortable with. Why do I say this? A few reasons.

1) Getting out of your comfort zone is important for growing as a person. Along these lines, shorter hair will 'open your mind' XD

2) Shorter hair has more utility, I think, than you give credit for. Why do you think the military makes women cut their hair so short (by and large)?

3) It'd be ridiculously hot.

4) It'll grow back eventually anyhow. Having it short just makes it so you at least experience having it short so you can really decide for yourself.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mato is officially the new face of the 'shorter hair campaign.'

1. Ya know what's also out of my comfort zone? Jumping six foot fences bareback.

...don't ask. Maybe the reason I like long hair is because whenever I'm not in the show season and Luka needs his mane clipped, I make sure his mane is long enough to hold on to if he decided to run away and jump a huge fence for kicks and giggles. Long hair/mane = gooood.

Eh. I still think it's time to cut it back a little. If only for some novelty. And just so Mato doesn't get an inflated reputation as a shorter hair converter--I've been thinking about this for awhile. *cough* Awhile meaning five days...

2. Well...I think (My twin's girlfriend is in the Army) that they keep their hair short enough not to be a nuisance to brush, and long enough to pin under helmets and back. Therefore; shoulder length or a little above.

3. Actually, it isn't. All I have to do is pin it off my head in Jane Austen style that actually doesn't look exceedingly stupid.

4. Well, I do agree with you there. Smile

AsA: I'm gonna have to echo mato on this one; what on earth does marital state have to do with hair? Shocked I'm not getting married.

Ponce
Tamir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just jump in to note that religious Jewish women cover their hair after marriage.
Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, many do - but from the jews in my family and the ones I know ( which isn't a small number ) that usually means a yarmulke or kippah, or just a thin veil during prayer.

And... they also have amazing hairstyles.

I'm not entirely sure I buy this answer, but if you don't wanna style your hair, you don't need to style your hair Very Happy
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...What he said. -_-

Nah, I'm actually looking forward to covering my hair. Hats FTW! And I'm still disinclined to cut my hair. Which probably goes to show, it's for me that I' m growing not for the public at large.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I see. I was pretty certain Tam and AsA were Jewish. Very Happy

*clears throat* *dramatically* I have a hair appointment scheduled...

NEXT MONDAY! *du duuuu*

And I plan to cut it to shoulder length. *poses dramatically and toys with end of braid* *drops pose* [I wonder where it fell?] I think I might leave it long enough to braid...I'll miss this old tail. Razz

Ponce
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: