FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Willow Theories!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Eee

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talps wrote:
It's ok; you're building suspense. She gets kidnapped, we think we're finally gonna find out...
Then she ends up with Tristram... But she then gets taken to the Badlands... And locked in a cell.

Don't forget 'almost had her arms torn off by an angry child!'

Talps wrote:
Then she gets taken to a big cave...

Gets hit on by Jormand...

Talps wrote:
and has a long conversation with Morgan...
Then 'he's coming'!!! ...And we've started another conversation which I can forsee lasting at least two more weeks!

Oh, the pain!

(Argh, only been here three days and already off topic...)

Congratulations! Well done!

Talps wrote:
Um, Willow is a multi-dimentional traveller who can only cross dimentions by erasing all her memories. Beluosus is actually another multi-dimentional traveler who came first to pave the way for the invation!!! Yeah!

Maybe she's actually a god-like being with the ability to recreate reality if she becomes bored, and all the people around her are extraordinary beings from powerful organizations sent to monitor her and keep her entertained so she doesn't wipe this universe and create a new one!

Talps wrote:
Siderean Soulstone... Is such a thing possible? Nanashi doesn't have a Siderean Soulstone; she has lots of different stones.
I think...

Nanashi's soulstone was originally green (we saw it when Bel was ripping it out of her), but when the Sidera transformed her, it went silver/white. So it would appear it IS a Sideraen soulstone.

The stones on her bracers are power stones to help augment her various abilities.
UFAlien

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you know how in all those Asian horror movies, there are ghosts in flowy dresses with really long hair?

Well I know people have guessed "ghost" before, but I'm almost 14% certain Willow is a rejected character design from One Missed Call 4: At This Point it's Actually a Lot More Than Just ONE Call, but Whatever. Of course, the snarky writer's title got the project canned. And now we have Willow Very Happy

Dubbed Loofah by Asa
UFAlien = UFA = oofah = Loofah
sinesdex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an epiphany!
Or a wierd idea just poped up in my brain, however you whish to interpreet this theory.
Maybe Willow is the last remaining child of a dying planet that the planet, sensing it's doom pulled into it's core and imbued with every last bit of element it had, to serve as a sort of an avatar. Then, it died, and Willow was left in perfect hibernation amongst the decaying dust of her ex-homeworld. Forward several eons, Willow starts waking, and gets pulled to the ES since her high body concentration of her native element. No one knows her speices since they all died out ages ago, and none of her kind ever wisited ES's surface. For all reasons and purposes, she is the embodiment of her native planet, a walking-talkin-breathing-eating-etcing manifest stone.
I believe it falls under just crazy enough that it might work... Very Happy
Eee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinesdex wrote:
I just had an epiphany!

Geshuntite!

sinesdex wrote:
Or a wierd idea just poped up in my brain, however you whish to interpreet this theory.
Maybe Willow is the last remaining child of a dying planet that the planet, sensing it's doom pulled into it's core and imbued with every last bit of element it had, to serve as a sort of an avatar. Then, it died, and Willow was left in perfect hibernation amongst the decaying dust of her ex-homeworld. Forward several eons, Willow starts waking, and gets pulled to the ES since her high body concentration of her native element. No one knows her speices since they all died out ages ago, and none of her kind ever wisited ES's surface. For all reasons and purposes, she is the embodiment of her native planet, a walking-talkin-breathing-eating-etcing manifest stone.
I believe it falls under just crazy enough that it might work... Very Happy

It's certainly plausible, and no crazier than other theories! Smile I'm still of the opinion that Willow has a Soulstone, though, mainly because Soulstone formation seems to be the trigger that attracts Earthsong's attention to the Soulstone bearer and causes her to transport them to her surface. But if Willow woke up and realized she was the last living thing on her world, that might have caused the surge of emotion necessary to make the Soulstone crystalize. It might also have been the trauma that blanked Willow's memories, if blanking there was.

If Willow is a living planet core/manifest stone/Soulstone, it will be interesting to see what happens next.
inked.silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess at Willow's power= maybe she blocks out other people's power?Like Bella in Twilight (but ES pwns Twilight, hands down).
I like the theory that she's the last one on her planet or the one that she doesn't have a soulstone, but I haven't formulated my own theory really. Hm.

Hey, although this is really, really, reallyoff topic, does someone have a theory on why Tristam told Bel everything? Tristam said he didn't exactly read people's minds, so I was wondering why he would....

Smile Can't wait for the "dump"!! Smile Very Happy
Shadow Venom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal sadistic theory is Willow is Evil and that she was mindwiped(ala KOTOR) to forget who she was or her remnent is hidden deep in her psyhe and once bel "eats" it might release her remnant and bel falls to his knees... Do we know for sure the Bel is the Master and not just a more powerful minion to something else...like Willow Evil or Very Mad

Willow Says to Bel "You've looked better yourself." which hints that she has seen him before..
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both those theories have been proposed in past (prior to the Great Forum Crash of '07). One way or another, the secret will be out in a couple more weeks.

And then, at long last, my theory that she's the illegitimate child of a one-armed river-boat gambler and the daughter of a particularly foolish and hard-up plantation owner who gambled his daughter at cards and lost. JUST you wait and see. ^_^
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Willow doesn't really exist.
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Eee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Venom wrote:
Willow Says to Bel "You've looked better yourself." which hints that she has seen him before..

She has. When Earthsong telepathically told her about the Planetary Council and Bel's invasion, she saw Bel in his original and in his ruined form. Willow has a basis of comparison to know Bel is looking really bad these days.

RE Willow's secret: Here it comes! This is exciting! I bet Bel's in for a nasty shock! I'd hold my breath in anticipation... except I don't think I can hold it for two weeks.

Now I'm off to vote for Earthsong in the rankings. Again.
Talps

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maaaan, there goes the 'Bel created Willow' theory... Sad

I'm still inclined to believe that one way or another she has no Soulstone, (stubborn me) so in a minute Bel's gonna get very confused as to why he can't find it.

Just to really shoot myself in the foot, I predict that the next comic will be him closing in, and the ones following will be his attempt to 'taint' her going slightly awol and shouting for all the world to hear just exactly what the problem is, and why it's there.

Yup.

Dubbed reversquee.
Talps = Splat reversed. Splat = Squee
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, only two more weeks of this thread. I'm going to miss chuckling to myself as I lurk in it.
Talps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will indeed be the end of an era. Only two more weeks of increasingly crazy theories! Lets get busy guys!

Willow is in fact human, but had a full-body purple tattoo when she got really drunk one night! Then when she woke up and saw it the shock was so great and horrifying that she was sent to Earthsong and her remnant was blocked like Felucca suggested! And the reason she could touch the manifest stone was cus the ink in her skin prevented direct contact! Yeah!

Dubbed reversquee.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except tattoo ink goes under the outer skin layers, otherwise it would be lost as the skin undergoes its repair cycle.

And, if we're quibbling, the outer layer of the skin is dead anyway, so if that's not a problem, a bit of tattoo ink shouldn't be.

Also, would a tattoo be healed by the coming-to-ES process like other injuries?
Talps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothes aren't 'healed' and they aren't part of the skin either. Please note the above comment wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

Dubbed reversquee.
inked.silver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And then, at long last, my theory that she's the illegitimate child of a one-armed river-boat gambler and the daughter of a particularly foolish and hard-up plantation owner who gambled his daughter at cards and lost. JUST you wait and see. ^_^

Very interesting theory, Tenalles. A bit random, but certainly original (as far as I'd know, anyways.... Laughing

Idea I highly doubt that Willow was created by either ES or Bel. Maybe she's a mix of all the planets' elements and with all the elements accumulated in her, a soulstone formed and that is when ES found and pulled her to her planet, not knowing who or what she was.

Or, in another sense, maybe Willow is made of Siderian element (I know this theory has been brought up before...) as a gift to ES and to help her with the war. By way of thinking, if all the elements DID combine, then the resulting element would become somewhat Siderian. My explanation lies with the text bubbles of the Sideria. While each planet has his or her own color and font, the Sideria have a white (the color of Willow's hair although this proves little) text bubble with fading text colors of other elements. Also, the Sideria would know that there would be a neccessary tip of the stalemate on ES which would be a legitimate reason to create someone such as Willow. (reference= pg 117 of volume 1).

A few more points that I have to point out though it may not necessarily support or mark out any other theories:

Willow's eyes look very similar to Earthsongs', as seen particularly well in the chapter "Genesis." This could symbolize a relationship of some sort between the two? This, in addition to when ES says that the thought of losing Willow is a greater pain than what she has felt in a long time (reference= pg 8 of volume 3).

And finally, to conclude my harangue, a question: Although Willow has obviously not received any training for her soulstone power, does this mean that she cannot use one?

ok! I'm done! : Very Happy Smile Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: