FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Willow Theories!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that creating an Eve requires 'sacred knowledge' which Earthsong does not have. While that might dethrone the accidental Eve theory, it could also be argued that ES might have made an Eve without realising she was, since she didn't know what it required...
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is something along the lines of both the ES and the Bel eve ideas.
What if Bel used ES(the planet) to create a New Eve for himself. In the Redux pages about the permissing of ES to be the hostess for the children, they said that Bel had already created his eve, therefore, he would be no stranger to the process. And he used ES like a surrogate mother for Willow, that's why she looks like a Cross between ES and old Skool Bel http://www.earthsongsaga.com/comic-redux3/redux88.html
Willow would basically be his/their FrankenEve without powers because she is stuck of two worlds, and therefore is not able to manifest them both(if at all) at once. And if she did have powers of both, than she would be fundimentally important at "tipping the scale". Earthsong would not have been aware of it because he used the 'uncharted' part of her surface to use it, but was still innocent because she's still *of* Earthsong.
It would explain her lack of remnant, why she landed in that area between Bel and ES's lands, but not why she didn't arrive nekkid.
What does blue and Red(pink) make?
Purple!
My other theory is that willow is the last female Time Lord(lady?), The Master sent her to ES so that the Doctor would never find her and make more Time Lord babehs....
Yeah, there were some other things about the first theory I had, but I can't remember what they were...
I can also think of some things that would disprove that theory as well...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's another voice for the Earthsong's Eve theory.

Let's take a look at some facts/clues that have already been sown in the comic and the About page:

1) At the council of Planets, Earthsong said that her Eve was yet unborn.
Perhaps she had already started the process of creating her Eve, but wasn't finished yet. When she accepted the task of caring for the other Planets' Children, she abandoned the work on her own Eve and left her unfinished (probably somewhere underground, so the visiting children wouldn't accidentally stumble over her.

2) Eves naturally have a high concentration of theri Planet's Element. For later generations, the high concentration that leads to the formation of a soulstone is unnatural and ultimately fatal, but for an Eve, it's her natural state. Indeed, it might be conclluded that what kept Earthsong's Eve from completion was a lack of Planetary Element within her.

3a) Gaia confessed that she had lost some of her Element through fissures in her Planetary crust, resulting from tectonic activity.

3b) Belosius' Planetary Core impacted on Eathsong's surface. That's some pretty big tectonic disruption. I bet Earthsong must've lost quite a lot of her Element in that.

4) Lost Planetary Element seeks to rejoin the Core, or failing that, it congregates into the body of one of the Planet's Children.
Any Element Earthsong herself has lost, there would only have been a single specimen of her Children around to congregate inot: Her unfinished Eve.

... So, Earthsong's Eve continued to grow and develop, unbeknownst to Earthsong herself, fed by the Planetary Element lost in Belosius' impact, until she had reached a sufficient concentration of Element within her to Awaken her into Life.

By now, Earthsong might have guessed much of this herself, but she's not sure and/or unwilling to discuss this matter with any of her adopted children.

Apparently she hasn't noticed yet that her unfinishe Eve has gone missing...

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

You definitely just got +5 cool points. Your Willow theory rocks!

I'm jumping this bandwagon. This theory makes absolute sense given the information we've been given thusfar. It also is a perfect explanation for the current story. I haven't spent hours and hours pouring over it, but it has no "this can't be true" points as I can see.

And also explains why both sides are so desperate to get Willow.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strongest point against the Evellow theory is that Eves didn't really exist in the Original Earthsong, and Willow (and her true story) still did.

But much as it may bother me, I have no real evidence against the theory. Indeed, the Evellow theory is probably the one most supported by the comic.

Hey, wait - I just remembered. XD Why did Earthsong feel a call if there was no soulstone formation?
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If JackAce's theory is correct then a soulstone would have formed when the element chose the unborn Eve as a host, right?

It's a good theory, the only issue I can see is why didn't Earthsong recognise Willow?
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can argue that Earthsong does know: Nan was the only one able to touch the manifest stone, she has no remant, and other 'clues'. That is precisely why Earthsong and the Guard were trying to find out who/what she was... They knew something was odd, but not what, or whether it was good or bad for them.
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamir wrote:
My strongest point against the Evellow theory is that Eves didn't really exist in the Original Earthsong, and Willow (and her true story) still did.

They weren't mentioned on any of those pages that the Lady had produced. That didn't mean they weren't already a part of the cosmology.

Lady Yates wrote herself that she had originally thought the story would unwind a lot faster than it actually did. Perhaps she chose to introduce the concept of Eves sooner in the re-boot than she had planned in the original version.

Tamir wrote:
Hey, wait - I just remembered. XD Why did Earthsong feel a call if there was no soulstone formation?

What she felt was the arrival of a new child on her surface. Apparently, Willow was transported from her hiding place to the spot onder the willow tree by a similar force as the one that carries Soulstone-inflicted children to the Planet.

Obviously, it is not Earthsong herself who transports these children from their homeworlds, otherwise she would know which world Willow had been taken from...

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
If JackAce's theory is correct then a soulstone would have formed when the element chose the unborn Eve as a host, right?

Not really, an Eve's body is designed to absorb much greater amounts of Planetary Element than later generations could ever survive. So all of the Element is dissolved in her body. (OK, this is an unproven assuption, but it makes sense.)

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
It's a good theory, the only issue I can see is why didn't Earthsong recognise Willow?

Because the unfinished Eve was also not completely formed. Her specific features would only have developed as more Element were added to her existence.

spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my theory isn't good enough for you all!
Well, 'mleh' to you all an' mister smarty-pants, too!

Yeah, you betta believe I'm pouting....

I'ma get poodled for this...aren't I....

Jace's theory does make sense.....

But it still feels like he's leeching off of mine....
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to be poodled? I mean, I could oblige... Laughing

It's not leeching off of your idea so much as it's adding to your idea. You already have lots of cool points anyhow, spawn...

You visited me on DA, thus you are awesome!

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There one flaw in your theory, though. Even though Eves have more element in their blood, this isn't the same as soulstone element. The element in the body is natural, and it's supposed to be there; soulstone element is unnatural and should not be within the body. So even though an Eve has more blood element, that element does not attract soulstone element. Also remember that soulstone element is attracted to consciousness; if Willow was not yet sentient, then she would not have attracted the element.

Earthsong does indeed actively reach out and take the children who are forming soulstones with the help of the Siderean powers. She doesn't know where they come from; she just feels the spark of the soulstone and pulls them to her surface. So Willow does have a soulstone. In addition, Earthsong used to be able to bring the children directly to her. It is Beluosus' influence that makes it unpredictable where the children end up.
le Pencil Pirate

Location: Still under the Opera House, and still hoarding Tristram's pencils.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! Mere mortals such as yourselves can only guess. I know the truth!

>.> <.< >.>
....Willow is a deformed, wingless gargoyle, and is Felucca's sister.
*flee* D8

Keeper of Tristram's Pencils, Bel's non-existant rear, and... I think that's it.
JackAce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
There one flaw in your theory, though. Even though Eves have more element in their blood, this isn't the same as soulstone element. The element in the body is natural, and it's supposed to be there; soulstone element is unnatural and should not be within the body. So even though an Eve has more blood element, that element does not attract soulstone element.

I don't see how the elements are different.

It's all the same Planetary Element. The Element in the Eve has been given to her by the Planet on purpose, while the the Element in a Soulstone accumulated by itself, after getting lost by the Planet.

I have, however, now found a piece of information that does, indeed, blow a big hole into my theory (thanks to cvcdaisy3's link, which I had missed before posting my theory):

At the time of the Council, Earthsong did not yet possess the knowledge required to create her Eve. So there couldn't be an "unfinished Eve lying around on Earthsong to attract any lost Element.

The last straw for my theory would be if the lost Element, unable to either rejoin the core or find a host to stick to, would actually condense into a form of its own and thus starting the process of creating an Eve withput the Planet's concious participation.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the willow-ESeve theories just do not ring right with me for some reason, so my theory is just a wee bit different.
Whille I do not believe that willow is eve, I don't see why her sstone could not have be made of ES's element. What if she is just a construct, or perhaps a kidnaped ordinary denizen of some random planet who Bel had forcefully infused her with colected ES element, on his base on the crust of ES moon (base info taken from page 117), but ES felt the formation of ss and pulled willow out of bel's clutches, before he could finish his work on her. If she was a kidnapie (is that even a word?), than perhaps the forcefull infusion altered her features (bleached her hair, changed her skincolor...) and would definetly be traumatic enough. The idea is that she was a prototype of soldier for the war whose death (or return) would still harm ES.[/img][/url]
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Willow Theories thread! I'll warn you beforehand, this thread is easy to get completely wrapped up in, because of how strong the mystery is!

Anyhow, the theory you have is a sound one (and one of my favorites, too boot), but only has one problem. The element that forms a soulstone reaches a "critical mass" and must be removed from it's host planet. If any more element is gathered by the soulstone, then the soulstone shatters and the host dies...along with all of the element it had gathered.

It remains possible that since ES is fully concious, that her manifest stone would not simply "blow up" Willow, but the logic of the universe indicates that in all other cases it would do so. The resonance of the two similar elements would cause one or the other to shatter, and given that ES' element is so much more pure in her manifest stone, it would more than likely be Willow.

The reason Nanashi can touch ES' manifest stone (I think she can, anyhow) is because she has the Siderean element, which is totally and completely "purified".

Red Skelton
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: