FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Willow Theories!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be a lousy ability. o_0

Earthsong: I have called this meeting to discuss our plan of action. Nanashi tells me that.... Willow, would you leave that alone?

Willow: *fiddling with manifest stone* But, it's what I do!

Earthsong: *sigh*
Lithrath

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless her ability is to not be affected by the resonance of a manifest stone and thus be able to "steal" it from the host.

Willow: *puts Bel's stone into a mystical box when he is resting* Mwa ha ha ha!

Bel: *manifests inside box as it is hurtled into a star* Meep!

^___^

Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouL_DriNkeR says:
Quote:
However, I admit that I have no idea why Bel would do this. Nor can I explain how this event would alert ES to Willow's presence in the same way that the forming of a soulstone does.

I think Bel made a new species, or maybe took a cross-species (Willow does have Gaian ears) and used the collected "power essences" to make a soulstone. That's my theory. He would do it to have a unwitting spy, so, because she doesn't know where she came from, The Guard would trust her more, and so Willow could get more secrets than if she knew where she came from. Mostly a trust thing, I think.
Unwitting Willow would be caught before her Halesdian (Sp?) so she couldn't choose to join The Guard. She would be taken to Bel and forcefully questioned, given answers about her past, and forced to work for Bel once they find out her powers.
It probably won't go like that, though, because The Guard will get Willow back before Bel forcefully inducts her into his ranks, but after he questions her. My opinion only.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa
Sasha Lupine = Sasha = Harmon, by way of friends.

Will respond to Sasha, Lupine, Lupe, or Cougy.

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha Lupine wrote:
I think Bel made a new species, or maybe took a cross-species (Willow does have Gaian ears) and used the collected "power essences" to make a soulstone. That's my theory. He would do it to have a unwitting spy...

It's explained that all children are generally copied from Gaia's children as a model. Gaia being the "matron mother" of the planets, most children end up looking incredibly similar to her creation. Creative twists on the basic mold provide for some of the different species we see, and very creative planets end up with different creatures entirely.

I think that the "Earthsong's escaped core element was turned into an Eve by Bel" may have some merit, actually. He knows the process, has access to plenty of soulstone material, and would have a lot to gain (possibly) by having such a child to use as a spy. However, this theory has one giant hole in it: Any child that touches their parent element would "overload", it was explained. That's why Earthsong is the keeper of the displaced children, because none of her own would ever show up. Being close to even the manifest stone would cause the resonance between the two stones to fracture one or both, and would kill the child.

Ergo, Willow can't have Earthsong's element in her. Nor does the idea of a soulstone power of being able to resonate with other gems really work, because soulstone powers "come out" at the Haldesian(sp) ceremony..

So, meh... back to waiting. :\

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lithrath wrote:
Unless her ability is to not be affected by the resonance of a manifest stone and thus be able to "steal" it from the host.

I don't think that would work. To all intents and purposes, the manifest stone IS the host. The planet exists independently, of course, but can only interact directly with child species through a manifestation produced using a manifest stone.

So you couldn't really steal it. It'd be more like kidnapping. And probably a bad idea, considering any planet can kick some serious butt when peeved.
ribbonwing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was actually thinking more along the lines of being able to manipulate planetary element. for example, she would have the power to remove the "taint" from a soulstone. of course, if an individuals powers dont manifest until the haldisian ceremony, then it kinda kills my theory. any precedents for someone finding they're soulstone power before the haldisian ceremony? felucca was asking willow about hers, though i dont know if this means anything.
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually not saying that Bel used Earthsong's element. He could have used elements from the beings with soulstones that he did that thing with. This thing. http://earthsongsaga.com/vol2/104.html With the Taint.
So maybe he stole some of their "power essence" and used it to create Willow. We don't really know much of his powers (at least, I don't), but it could be possible. As quite a few other people have said, Bel does know how to create an Eve, so creating a species would be easy for him. I think when we eventually find out what power Willow has, we will find out who created her.
Sort-of off topic: All this speculation reminds me of pre-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. When HP fans kept speculating whether Harry was a horcrux or not. Except here, it's whether Willow is created by Bel, the Sidera, or someone else, possibly entirely unknown. Just my thoughts.
Back on topic: Tenshi wrote:
Quote:
because soulstone powers "come out" at the Haldesian(sp) ceremony..
I'm thinking not necessaryily. Maybe something else could help the children get their powers. I don't really think that the soulstone children who work for Bel went through a Haldisian ceremony. Maybe a planet could use their powers to coax the child's power(s) out.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
goblinqueen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmon theory makes sense to me... Bel is doing something with those stones to hurt Earthsong and Willow is an almost logical conclusion but...

it could be she is a child of a new planet, one that nobody knows.

Yeah I'm just speculating- both of these have already been said

It is a crystal, nothing more, but if you turn it this way, it'll show you your dreams.

I move the stars for no one.

Don't tell me truth hurts little girl, cause it hurts like heck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goblinqueen wrote:
it could be she is a child of a new planet, one that nobody knows.

But wouldn't Sage have known if there was a new planet? *speculating as well*
I wonder, if it was a new planet, why the Sidera kept the info from Earthsong.
And I thought Earthsong was the youngest planet?
I think no one will know until either Lady Yates tells us or draws it.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
goblinqueen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Harmon, its fun to guess though Very Happy

Maybe it was and inert planet... I saw a couple of theories that suggested moons as well...

Maybe she can't remember her anything because she was mindwiped or has a block on her mind, thus shielding her talent as well

It is a crystal, nothing more, but if you turn it this way, it'll show you your dreams.

I move the stars for no one.

Don't tell me truth hurts little girl, cause it hurts like heck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's always possible.
And, if the 'Bel Created Willow' theory is right, he would have a perfect reason to wipe her of any memories. *See my above posts*
Leek wrote:
You're right Harmon, its fun to guess though
Well, of course it's fun.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
Magus Gar Kan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that Willow is Bel's eve? Perhaps spared from the destruction of the planet and being all alone on whatever is left of it, hence the trauma causing her to lose her memories?

"Nothing is predictable in regards to humans, save for their infuriating ability to do the unexpected."

I'm not dead, just lurking and very very tired.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that were the case, I think she'd look like Bel a bit more, or at least have eyes the color of his manifest stone.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. And, as stated a while ago, Earthsong would already know Bel's kids' soulstone powers and looks. Willow is apparantly different. I crazy-glue myself to my theory that Willow is a new species created by Bel.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also been stated canonically that while there is a big ratio of alien species whose eyes or appearance match the colour of their soulstone, it isn't always necessarily the case.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: