FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Pet names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is she, perchance, named after the Elation from Jane Lindskold's novels?
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes yes! Aww...I didn't know you read her books! *beams* She's just as plucky, too...

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's cool actually. Except the entrails and dead animals and gloves. Sorry, I just love falcons. X3
And I've never really actually seen one. They have them at our zoo, but the birds are shy and you can never see them.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, not cool. She was riding on Jon's shoulder once when she caught sight of "something" over in some brush. She took of so hard that her talons pierced straight through Jon's shoulder guards and gave him nasty scratches.

When we first got her and I was attempting to splint her wing, the bloody beast slashed my right arm to the bone, despite my protective clothing. I still have the scar, and since I walked around with bandaging around my arms from then on, everyone thought I'd tried to kill myself or something. She's a beast, but at least a little less feral now then she used to be.

Falcons are cool though. I took care of a fiesty little Merlin named...Merlin, who was a hoot. Thank God we released him. :/

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Yeah, ok, that's not cool. But I just kind of meant in general. I know they can be nasty mean. And yet I always wanted to work at the raptor center. . .
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww...I know too. They are just so...beautiful. On a good day, Elation can fly up to 150 mph and when she's hunting (I've only seen this once) she goes up to 200 on a dive.

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. . .
Well, I just love birds. Ask anyone. if I see anything other than a buzzard I'm glued to the window and extremely happy. (Great Blue Herons are my favorite though.)
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponce, did you list all your horses or just the permanant ones?
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponce wrote:
RABBITS
Wild: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, and Six.
XD

We've had two cats, a dog, a parakeet, and a long line of fish.

The cats were Chesapeake and Zanzabar. my mother named them, and I really don't know what the meaning of their names were. They died of old age when I was eight or nine.

My dog was black Labrador mutt. His mother was found in the middle of the highway, lying on the double yellow line, easy as you please, pregnant. The farmer who found her brought her home, birthed her puppies, and put up a "free pups" sign. When my parents went to get one, my dog climbed into my mother's lap and fell asleep. When he was small, my dog had absolutely tremendous feet. They were huge! And so, my dad chose an obvious name. Can you guess what it is?

the parakeet's name was Henry, short for Herring. We got him from a classmate of mine. The story goes that one Passover, her uncle said that whoever ate the most herring in one sitting would get a prize, and she won. Hence the name. They gave him away because her mother had a baby, and we gave him away because my dad was developing allergies. He lived to ripe old age and died as the beloved pet of an autistic child in the community, who loved him to pieces.

The fish were all named obvious things like Rainbow and Princess and Silver and Goldie and things like that. My dad insisted on naming all of them Gefilte and Tuna and whatever, but I always ignored him. The last one was a spotted goldfish named Spotty, and he lived for six years on a starvation diet. I swear I never fed him more than once a week, and he lasted longest of all.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allicat wrote:
EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I get a job I'm going to get a new cat and call it Schroedinger ^_^ (Cookies to all my theoretical physics buddies who get the reference!)

Or fans of The Big Bang Theory. Hehe... I love that show.

We had one more cat, Leia, but she died a couple months ago. We don't know how. We got her from my cousins' farm when she was a kitten. All the kittens lived in a bush because Leia refused to leave it. She killed all sorts of things; I have a picture of a severed bat head on my cell phone.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
CBB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to be known as the family with all the animals, because even though we live in suburbia we've had over the years: 2 pigs, 6 goats, 15 chickens, 6 ducks, and rabbits, which, erm...escaped...and, erm...multiplied...so for two years the neighbors were constantly calling at all hours of the day and night saying they'd seen another rabbit in their yards and would we please come catch it?

My mom only recently had to give up the last two goats and four chickens we had, due to a combination of her age and the arrival of some rather nasty raccoons.

We've also had many a goldfish, as well as four rats, two geckos, and several parakeets.

Currently, we have three cats and two dogs.

Cats:
Nicky: short for Nicodemus. He's the oldest, almost 11 years old, and he's a flame-tip. He's got white fur except on his ears which are orange. He also has blue eyes, but his hearing is just fine, thank goodness. He's a big wuss-afraid of EVERYTHING-but he's also by far the friendliest and best behaved cat.

China: She's our black cat, and she's the smallest. She weighs about three pounds and is about eight inches long. She's the most adventurous cat-we've seen her wandering around as much as six blocks away from our house, yet she doesn't have a scratch on her from any cat fights. Her mother's name was Asia, hence the name. China and Nicky will follow my parents when they go on their evening walk, whithersoever they go.

Thistle: She's black-and-white, and she's in the middle by size, but she's the laziest and heaviest. She also has a nasty temper-she'll come up to you, begging for some love, then, after you pet her ten or twelve times, she'll try to eat your hand. She's broken the skin a couple of times, but she's mellowed out.

Dogs:
Sassy: golden retriever, and she's my dog. She's getting on in years-she's almost eleven years old. She's been slowing down a lot, but whenever we bring her a new squeaky toy she becomes a puppy again, jumping up and down and begging us to throw it. She's also our intelligent dog-we've converted the old goat pen into a dog run, but Sassy doesn't like it, so she escapes. Every time my dad blocks off her latest escape route, she finds a new one, unerringly. It drives my dad nuts, but I'm proud of her, lol.

Gavin: Gavin is a three year old mutt, but he looks very much like a cattle dog. He's extremely active-60 pounds of muscle-and he's always running around, jumping, and always bringing us a ball to throw. He's also dumb as a rock, to the point where Sassy has learned to frame him for her crimes. But he keeps her busy as well, which is good for her. He's proven very difficult to train, but he's getting there slowly.

Psychosomatic! That boy needs therapy...
Ya que estamos en el baile, ¡bailemos!

Keeper of Earthsong's Wispy Wooshy Memory Ball
Keeper of the Dragon Planet
theBSDude

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Phoenix and Nikki are half-siblings, both Seal-lynx, blue-point ragdolls.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
unimportant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs and Cats!
TILLY: She's our dog, and came with the name. She's a Alaskan Malamute/german shepherd/something else mix, we guess, and we picked her up at the humane society. She loves to lick and run and jump, although she's about eight or so right now and has mellowed out considerably. She has a curled tail, hence the thought about the malamute, and the colors and face of a german shepherd. She's super sweet though.

MOIA: female cat, a calico a little on the chubby side. She's sweet, but literally insane and thanks to a traumatic experience has forgotten how to use a litter box o_O. We've had to start letting her outside because of that, otherwise our house would be completely ruined. But she's such a wonderful, sweet, loving cat otherwise, she's so tolerant of people picking her up and playing with her. Plus she talks with you if you meow ^^

TALON: Male cat, a long furred tabby. He's sort of the "dumb blonde" in our family, just waltzing everywhere and looking dazed. He used to be stand-offish but has gotten really sweet over the years. He likes to be pet, he likes to be held, and he doesn this sweet thing where he'll bump his head against yours if you lean in over him. And his tail has a complete mind of its own XD

Snake!
SPOCK ROMEO CORLEONE: His name is one part Star Trek, one part Shakespeare, one part The Godfather XD. We got him a year ago, I put up all those pictures if you remember, and right now he's about three feet long and super mellow for a snake. He needs to be fed soon, though. A ball python, he's got your typical brown/tan/black coloring and he's actual the most darling thing when he yawns.

@CBB I'm totally jealous you have a cat named Nicodemus. That's such a cool name.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
Ponce, did you list all your horses or just the permanant ones?

You know what Britland? I would die if all those horses were permanant. Nah, most of them need homes, but there are a few I will never let go of. XD

I didn't name all the horses. I missed three because they have adoptions pending! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy This always makes me SO happy.

And everyone has so many animals! *hugs everyone* You've all discovered the key to my heart! *squees* And everyone has cool names. *envious* The one time I let my twin name a new arrival, he named the colt 'Stupid' and Stupid won't respond to anything else!! Mad That is why i will sell Alex for...an apple!

Ponce
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Throws an apple*

Ponce Wrote

Quote:
And everyone has so many animals! *hugs everyone* You've all discovered the key to my heart!

As if it weren't obvious?

On topic. I had a widdle pet rat when I was little, I named her Nibbles.

And she was the kind with the red eyes and white fur that I just can't remember the word for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: