FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: The Magician's Compass
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: TREASURE HUNTERS: The Magician's Compass Reply with quote

The sun rose high over Lisaia. It would be hot just about anywhere, but the sun seemed to just glare at the the docks. Several airships were gathered in the sea, floating in the water lazily. They were all sizes, from canoe-like structures to giant galleons. Each and every one was precious; airships were getting rarer and rarer, what with no way to create them. One particular airship was graced by a man in a long white coat, black trousers, a loose white tunic, and a brown leather vest. Hidden by the white coat (hidden, at least, to all those with normal senses) was a chain whip attached to his thick belt, clinking softly against his leg. The airship behind him was impressive; it was large with a wide deck. Tall masts extended upward, with a crow's nest at the top of all three. There were many rooms for storage in the middle, but most of those rooms had been converted into bedrooms for the crew; some may need to bunk together, but some would get their own rooms. They all could have potentially had their own rooms, but Tristan needed the extra storage space for provisions on their journeys, along with the space they would need for the artifacts they would acquire on the way. The first two to come would have their own rooms; the rest would need to share.

Tristan looked down at his watch; his new crew was to be arriving at any minute. Pacing back and forth on the dock, just before the gangplank, he considered looking around for them through the eyes of the many seagulls; he decided against it. His crew was a good one; there was a lot of raw talent, but that was okay. Thankfully, it didn't take much to pilot the ship, but all members would need to help in areas outside of their specialties.

The city around him would be teeming with life. Children would be playing in the streets, their mothers keeping a watchful eye on them through the many windows from inside. Just as many children were outside working, helping sailors. Lisaia wasn't a sexist city at all; just as many girls were helping as there were boys.

Sighing wistfully, Tristan looked down the docks, hoping to see one of his crew.
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sounds of hoves on cobblestone rung downd the streets of Lisaia as the big Centaur made his way towards the docks. He had a pair od saddle bags hung over his equine back with a Battleaxe of impressive size stuck into the leather straps holding the bags in place.

He was kind of irritated, but then again he usually was when he was forced to spend any extended period of time in one of the Humans' cities. He found these places utterly revolting ... starting wit the cobblestone streets! His hooves were killing him! He had a pair of brass horseshoes in one of his bags
but they were made for wooded ship-boards and wouldn't last long on the stoney city streets. Like his hooves would last any longer!

But all of his worries and complaints (well, most of them, anyways) were forgotten as soon as he reached the docks. The familiar smell of the sea and the sounds of the ships' riggings creaking in the wind reminded him that he would soon be able to leave this despicable place behind ... for a long time as he hoped.

But first, he'd have to find his ship. As he looked aroung the harbor he noticed a man in a white coat pacing about in front of a ship that would be of the correct size to be the Rachel: his new home and workplace fir the coming months - quite possibly years.

"Kapitan Hudson?"

"I am Nawahqde su-Camesh, ship's carpenter, at your service."

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse this sun. Curse this sun to the Oblivions and Deepest Abyss.

Lycoris had intentionally left The Bosun’s Arms quite early that morning – at least earlier than was her custom – in order to avoid when the sun appeared to be at its hottest. And yet somehow she still managed to feel like she was being baked. It was her own fault really, for having a tailor make up sleeveless shirts for her, as every time she wore them she got sunburn on her arms. She had never been able to get used to the Eastern climes, even though she hadn’t been back to the Southern Wastes in… a while.

Eventually, she made her way from the inn down to the docklands area and to the ships’ berths, carrying her trunk behind her using her Talent. She knew it was down long this Bay, and it was the… ‘Rachel’, wasn’t it? After 15 minutes or so of walking along the dock front, she saw the ship and made her way towards it. She could see a Centaur boarding along the gang plank, and a figure dressed in white standing on the main deck. She smiled to herself.

Upon reaching the bottom of the gang plank, she stopped and used her Talent to raise her trunk upwards and onto the deck, trying to be careful not to knock anybody over. Then she went up it herself, but she would wait until the Centaur had finished his piece – he seemed to be talking to their Captain about something.

If they looked round to see her, they’d see a petit human female dressed in a white sleeveless shirt, a long blue tunic and dark trousers and dark boots. She had a long blue coat in the crook of one arm, and a small duffle bag hoisted on the opposite shoulder. Her hair, which had been dyed blue, with braids of purple threaded through, was tied in a knot at the nape of her neck, and there was a cutlass in its scabbard at her belt. Her left forearm was also graced by a clean bandage dressing.

She smiled and nodded towards both men, but would allow them to finish their conversation before she said anything.

((I am assuming we have one really big gang plank XD. Assume that she’s on approached about five minutes after Nawahqde has started talking to Tristan?))
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello, Nawahqde. It's good to see you again," Tristan said, smiling and giving the centaur a pat on the shoulder. Granted, he had to reach up quite a bit to pat the guy's shoulder, but he made it. "Choose any quarter you'd like. Since you're first, you'll get a room all to yourself." Tristan turned to Lycoris.

"Ly!" Tristan exclaimed, greeting her with a big hug. "How are you?! I haven't seen you in ages. WELL, at least not since I interviewed you. But I mean, before that." He grinned widely, letting go of the embrace and holding her out to inspect. "You look fabulous. You've got your own cabin by the way, same as Nawahqde." Tristan gestured at the centaur.

"Nawahqde, this is Lycoris. We've been friends since childhood. WELL, we were friends in childhood. Haven't spoken much since. Ly, this is Nawahqde. He's a really good carpenter, and I hear he's fierce with the axe." Tristan smiled.

The gangplank was indeed large, enough for the centaur to walk comfortably aside a couple humans. It was designed to haul large crates up. There were little bars on the plank and ropes to the side to help steady Nawahqde in case the incline troubled him.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris was rather surprised when Tristan stepped up to hug her – she kept forgetting how touchy-feely people in the Eastern regions were*, but she returned the hug. She couldn’t quite believe that the small boy who was convinced snow was a special type of powered sugar had grown into a dashing young Air Captain who now towered above her. But then stranger things had happened.

“You’re looking rather well yourself. I was surprised to hear that you were hiring for staff,” Lycoris replied evenly, smiling warmly. “But then, as you say, it has been some time and much has changed and we haven’t spoken in… 15 years is it now?”

"Nawahqde, this is Lycoris. We've been friends since childhood. WELL, we were friends in childhood. Haven't spoken much since. Ly, this is Nawahqde. He's a really good carpenter, and I hear he's fierce with the axe."

Lycoris turned to Nawahdqe and smiled and bowed – she couldn’t quite recall if Centaurs went in for handshakes. There had been a Centaur community who had occasionally visited Perdition’s Point, but they had kept to themselves as she recalled.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Nawahdqe, and I look forward to working alongside you. I’ll be first mate during my tenure here,” she said, inclining her head.

((*Mane mentioned this in passing to me over IM.))
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alia stared up at the big ships, wandering in no particular line on the cobblestones. It had been a few years since she'd been back in Lisaia - her last few odd jobs had her running around the countryside in a way reminiscent of her childhood. Well, she'd technically been in the city for a month or so before now, but it had been years since she'd visited the docks. The smell of low tide seemed to cling to the wood worse than it did sand - but at least there was a sea breeze to keep it an the heat at bay. She shrugged her short-sleeved jacket up a bit more, hoping her pale skin wouldn't burn. She hadn't been out walking for long and she'd been careful to stick to the shadows, but the sun was a tricky being.

Focusing on the ships that were docked, she saw a multitude of regular ships, but couldn't seem to locate an airship. They were getting rarer than they used to be - she could remember larger numbers when she had first moved to the city, but now they were extremely scarce. Or so it seemed. Her eyes roved the lines, looking for the description - and the name. No, no no no. . .yes. There it was. She hasted over, a travel pack bouncing on her back and a rapier clanking against her hip - her trunk should have been delivered earlier, if not, it would come in less than an hour.

She spied three figures on the gangplank - a tall man in white, a petite woman, and a very large centaur. The last took her aback, she'd rarely seen centaurs, and now it looked like she'd be shipmates with one - for why else would there be one in a human city? She reached the end of the large gang-plank, and stood awkwardly for a moment before taking a deep breath and walking up it - though she decided not to interrupt the conversation. Dealing with her father's death and the handling of the will had left her strained and slightly jumpy, and the last thing she needed was to annoy someone by jumping into a conversation.
JackAce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nawahqde reached out to return the captain's gesture, but he had scarcely touched the Human's shoulder when Tristan turned away to greet the human woman who had arrived after him. Based on the intimacy of the two Humans' hug Nawahqde assumed that they were already good friends at least - maybe more..?

"Nawahqde, this is Lycoris. We've been friends since childhood... Ly, this is Nawahqde..."

"It’s a pleasure to meet you Nawahdqe, and I look forward to working alongside you. I’ll be first mate during my tenure here."

Mawahqde returned the woman's bow and then reached out to place his hand on her shoulder.

"Greetings, Lycoris. May our voyages together be fruitious ones."

As he removed his hamd from Ly's shoulder, he noticed the tattoo she wore there. He didn't recognize this particular sigil, but the style was unmistakably of the southern pirate clans. Was the kapitan aware that she was a pirate?

Ah, I see you also hail from the southern lands... And like me, you also left a clan behind to come to these parts. We need to swap stories some time."

"Kapitan, with your permission, I would like to see my quarters now. In all likelyhood, I will also need to make some modifications to my room furnishings. Human beds are not made for Centaur bodies..."

Nem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And that's how the Snarkle lost its teeth." Lounged on a barrel against the wall of a dockside inn, a wide brimmed hat tipped down low over his eyes, Peter finished his tale glancing out over the heads of the gathered children to the ship ridding against the dock. People had started boarding while he was talking.
"Well that looks like my cue." He gathered his things from besides himself, fished an apple out of his bag and moved off into the throng munching on the sweet fruit as he wandered amongst the teeming crews on the dock.

The Rachel was one of the larger ships in port that day, even if he hadn't known where it was it would have been easy to find, the centaur and coated man only making it stand out more. Peter moved towards the ship overcome by the strange impression he was swimming through the warm air, until a sea breeze stole the illusion leaving him weighed down at the foot of the gangplank by a small trunk of medical supplies and the haversack he'd strung across his shoulder.

"Captain Tristan. It's good to see you again." He moved up the gangplank dragging his trunk along behind him with one hand, "Little warm for a coat today isn't it?"
- Issa
horsin'around

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panting, Lyla ran the final few steps and ducked into a dark alley. She quickly yanked off a dark tunic and dunked it in a nearby bucket before scrubbing the black grease-paint off her face. With a practised, slightly dramatic flick, she flipped a filthy brown hat off her head, sending her hair --which had been pinned up underneath--tumbling around her face.

Finished with discarding her disguise, she sauntered back onto the main road. She looked like a completely different person from the one she had been for the past two weeks.

It took her awhile to reach the docks, despite the fact that she had decided to scout out the location of the Rachel earlier in the day. Blinking against the sun, she realised she was a bit late and several people were there already. Walking closer, she changed her initial sentence from, 'Several people' to 'Several individuals.' Her sharp eyes had easily picked out the centaur.

She was at the gang-plank now. Checking that her battered haversack was safely strapped on her shoulder, she strode up the ramp.

((Sorry, Mane! Didn't know. Er...I just deleted that whole part. More trouble than it's worth. ))

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce

Last edited by horsin'around on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alia stood listening to introductions and finally worked up the courage to make her own. "Good-day Captain, Alia Carbury at your service." As she was speaking a tall girl about her own age with dark brown hair sauntered up behind her. It looked like everyone was arriving all at once.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Greetings, Lycoris. May our voyages together be fruitious ones... Ah, I see you also hail from the southern lands... And like me, you also left a clan behind to come to these parts. We need to swap stories some time."

Lycoris retained her smile carefully and nodded her head.

"Yes, let us work and hope for the best of what we may accomplish," she replied. "Perhaps we shall talk later."

Deepet Abyss - had he seen the shoulder tattoo? She should have bandaged it this morning before she left, but hadn't thought it to be that visible. Never mind - it would have broken out at some point, and perhaps it would not hurt.

"Kapitan, with your permission, I would like to see my quarters now..."

Flexing her empty hand, her trunk began to levitate once more, and she turned to face Tristan alongside Nawahdqe.

"I believe I must concur. I would like to settle my belongings in my own quarters before our voyage gets under way, but I shall return to the deck as soon as my unpacking is completed. Seeing as many of the new crew are arriving, perhaps we shall continue catching up at a later point in time?" Lycoris said to Tristan.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((S'ok, Ponce. Smile It's an easy enough mistake when you're first starting out.))

"Hey, hey! The whole crew's here!" Tristan said jovially. He counted heads, then frowned slightly. "Well...almost." He checked his watch; the thing's bigger eyeball was watching the 1 and the smaller one watching the 6. "They've got a little longer. Too much longer and we'll need to leave without them."

Tristan glanced at Peter, the doctor, and replied, "This coat is all the rage in the east! It's also fairly lightweight."

"And you must be Lyla!" Tristan exclaimed, clapping the girl on her shoulder. "And Alia, it's good to have you." He gave both girls a dazzling smile; that same smile had wooed many a woman in the past. Lycoris had been on the receiving end when they were younger.

Tristan turned to Nawahqde and smiled. "Go ahead, good sir. If you need any help, I will be up in a second and," he said, eying at the rest of them, "I'm sure the rest of the crew would be more than willing to help once they got settled.

"As far as living arrangements go, Lycoris and Nawahqde will get their own cabins; the rest of you will need to pair up. The Rachel doesn't care about propriety, so should you girls wish to room with Peter rather than each other or an absentee, feel free."

Tristan looked at Lycoris. "Darling, would you mind helping the entire crew get their luggage on board? It'd be such a shame if somebody's belongings accidentally went into the water. This is a good gangplank," Tristan kicked the thing, and it wobbled a bit, "but gangplanks, by nature, are not very sturdy."

Tristan was open to any questions, but the crew present would be more than welcome to go onto the ship and pick out their rooms.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, hey! The whole crew's here!" Lyla blinked at Tristan's bouncy tone, then smiled. Apparently, not all men were boring, dull, and utterly cheerless. Well, you learn something new every day.

"Well...almost." Tristan glanced at his watch. Lyla felt a twinge of curiousity for the other members of the crew, which was quickly eclipsed by her desire to see the ship itself.

She stood next to the other girl about her age, barely hiding her impatience, while Tristan spoke to the fellow who must be the doctor.

"And you must be Lyla! And Alia, it's good to have you." Tristan said suddenly, his conversation with the doctor obviously at an end, as he smiled brightly at both of them. Lyla grinned back, happy to see that conversation was turning back to her--her inspection of the new ship, that is.

"Go ahead, good sir. If you need any help, I will be up in a second and I'm sure the rest of the crew would be more than willing to help once they got settled." Tristan was now speaking to the centaur, whose name Lyla hadn't caught, but she certainly had the last part.

Without further adieu, she shouldered her haversack, barely listening as the Captain began speaking to the woman called Lycoris.

"Darling, would you mind--" was the last she heard. Darling? This should be interesting.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan looked at Lycoris. "Darling, would you mind helping the entire crew get their luggage on board? It'd be such a shame if somebody's belongings accidentally went into the water. This is a good gangplank," Tristan kicked the thing, and it wobbled a bit, "but gangplanks, by nature, are not very sturdy."

Lycoris resisted the urge to roll her eyes - apparently the Eastern penchance for familiarity now reached to ridiculous pet names as well. Letting her own trunk drift back down to the ground, she inhaled deeply through her nose and closed her eyes and once again stretched her empty hand. Checking for the heaviest items that didn't have a heart beat, she would lift onto the deck any heavy trunks that people had been struggling with and they would be neatly stacked on the deck.

Opening her eyes again, she regard their captain patiently, though in truth, she was hoping to stash her belongings so that they could start on preparations. She tended to find this kind stilted greeting rather awkward - perhaps things would go easier that night at evening repast?

"So... Captain... Is that all the heavy lifting that you require for me, or do you have another hard task to set me?" she said, quirking an eyebrow.

((I just wrote that anything extremely heavy has been lifted on deck. So don't worry if you don't have anything heavy.))
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nawahqde turned towards the newcomers and gave each of them a short bow. He had just opened his mouth to add some words of greeting, when he saw several large pieces of luggage floating towards the deck. Humans and their strange powers... Now he'd need to get used to yet another set of weird tricks. But at least he'd get a chance to get used to them in limited quantities here on board - unlike the city, where he'd been faced with hundreds of people with a staggering variety of powers.

"Ah... please excuse me... Ladies, sir, I am Nawahqde su-Camesh. I will be responsible for keeping this ship airworthy during our travels."

"I hope you don not percieve this as discourteous, but I would really like to see my room now. I desperately need to lay down - those cobble stone streets wreck havoc on my hooves"

Last edited by JackAce on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: