FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Mecha Knights: Opening Gambit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"All Kleas county forces in range-" Jon cut off with a curse as all the batteries on his traveling companion swiveled towards him. He cut in his jump jets and took off straight up, hoping to break any missile locks on his Mecha. He didn't cut his ECM back in, though; getting the word out was too important. Dropping his port jet, he tried to send the Mecha flying to starboard as he kept talking. "Kleas forces, I have hostile forces, possibly Patroponne or sympathisers, request immediate assistance. Davion, the escort is compromised, repeat, compromised. I'm tied up, will try to make it to you if I can." Jon dropped out his second jet and slammed to the ground, then tried to bring back his ECM to cut further target locks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kara listened to the Prince's reply she opened the closed Knight channel and relayed the password to the file as well as a short text message <we aren't retreating yet but if this isn't solved soon we need to haul back and regroup. fight well>

As the Prince charged Kara activated her jump jets and jumped Brynhilr backwards to get into a better position to address the princes charge. While in the air she set the turned on her gatling laser and swong her melee weapon into place and activated her EMC.

As she landed she positioned her shield arm to block the blow from above (LHS is shield) and set her left hand to block the low stab.

The only reply she muttered quietly on the open channel was, "Coward..."


[[Jack, i'm assuming the princes left hand is high and right is low.]]
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davion's laser burst caught the Prince's Mecha across the back of its equine lower body while it was rearing up, burning a deep gorge into its outer armor plating.

Unperturbed by this impact, Cossack accelerated forward to crash into Brynhildr. The extra distance that Kára's move had put between herself and the approaching Prince only increased her enemy's momentum. The low thrust was easily parried by Kára's blade, but the high swing never even got near to where Kára had expected it to strike. In a sudden, yet flowing motion the blade came crashing down dead center on Brynhildr's shield, nearly cleaving it in half.

<Cossack: Armor Degraded 1/2>

<Brynhildr: Shield Damaged>

===============================================

Gemini 1 landed on the ground and immediately sprang back up into the air. Its gatling laser continued the fusilade as before, but the shots of the laser cannon became more targeted, homing in on the backside of Archer, which had turned away to attack Gemini 2.

Gemini 2's landing was less graceful. Its left leg had been grazed by Alana's laser cannon; and upon touching the ground the Mecha stumbled and dropped to one knee. Not wasting any time, the Blyke pilot fired a small missile salvo into the rear of Mercy. After that, it rose up on its feet again and set off for another - noticably smaller - jump.

<Gemini 2: Leg Damaged (left); Missile Pod 8/12>

===============================================

Henry didn't have any visual contact with the approaching targets yet, but it couldn't be log before they'd come into view.

===============================================

Four heavy laser bolts impacted in the ground where Hologram had been standing just a fraction of a second before, kicking up a spray of superheated dust. A portion of the missiles followed him upward however, and struck the Mecha in various locations along the legs and lower torso.

As Hologram's ECM came back online, the vehicles in the road changed their strategy accordingly. The laser carriers switched their weapons to staggered fire to optimize their cycle rate. Their laser blasts zipped by Hologram on either side, defining a narrow targeting cone, the center of which was filled with a massive concentrated missile salvo.

<Hologram: Armor Degraded 0/1>

<Alpha 3 & 4: Missile Pod 12/18>

Alpha 5: Missile Pod 0/18>
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.


Last edited by JackAce on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davion rocked lightly in his seat as gatling laser fire scored a few hits across Mercy's rear. He kicked up the throttle and changed direction again, hoping the zig-zag would alleviate his annoying problem with the Blykes. First and foremost, he would deal with the prince.

(Knight Comms) "If we can immobilize the Prince, maybe we can use him as a hostage!"

He swung the gatling laser arm around, raising it to better sight it in on Cossack. Since the Prince was still focusing on Kára, this gave Davion another "free shot" at Cossack's rear. Unfortunately, this also gave the Gemini twins a free shot at his rear. If he were lucky, they would decide the rest of the Knights presented enough of a problem that they wouldn't hone in on that opportunity.

Not likely, given the animosity they hold for you.
"Half of all victories are luck, the other half is breaking the enemy's morale before they break yours..."

Depressing the firing trigger, several quick blasts of light shot out of the gatling laser barrels. Brynhldr was still on the other side of Cossack, so he was less afraid of damaging Brynhldr than he was interested in taking out the Prince.

His eyes darted back and forth from the text scrolling across the lower portion of his screen, and the (very hazy) sensor map. There were numerous other contacts on the screen, which told him this was going to be a very limited time engagement. Sticking around to waltz into the Prince's trap wasn't his idea of intelligent planning, as Patroponne had very likely given ample soldiers to destroy them all with.

Finally thumbing in the right burst transmission codes, he tapped only three keys on the panels before him, and then returned his hand to the control stick. Everything in the area would see a bright glow from the spire above Mercy's head, normally regarded as decoration. In the twilight, however, it could be seen that this was the source of a very potent transmission burst, using a heavily encoded frequency that was not shared with any unit outside of Vayne's borders.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tyris



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 876
Location: Beneath a vast mound of curly hair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't see 'em. Mental note: get this stupid starlight scope torn out and replace it with a proper thermal imaging system.
As he approaches what, by the very rough use of about three different rules of thumb, he judges to be the edge of visual range, Henry jinks the Caballus randomly left and right, as much as its manoeuvrability will allow. If the unknown contacts manage to spot him before he does them, he has no intention of being an easy target.

<Advanced Sensors active>
<ECM Suite active>
<Gatling Laser "Hot">
_________________
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Dubbed "Tetris" by Asa... apparently.
Keeper of Nanashi's ghostly blue visage and Felucca's hypothetical ejecting nose-cone.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's cursing silenced as he lost the concentration to spare even for that. Instead, his muttering evened out as he unconsciously began reciting weapons drills from his youth in the Ambrian military. Reciting drills however, did not thing to improve his present circumstance.

He brought up his gatling lasers and triggered a long burst from both weapons, firing into the oncoming cloud of missiles. At the same time he straightened out his gyros and leaped backwards, hoping to buy himself some time on the missiles and break the cone holding him in their fire. Again he leaped up and out, this time aiming to pass over a short ridge and acquire some cover. Without lasers boxing him, the missiles wouldn't be able to track him ballistically... and then he'd figure out where to go next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{i keep messing up, too many late nights + early morning, shield is on right hand side not left, i'll edit in previous post. being a righty playing a lefty is oddly hard.}}

Kara smiled as the battle truely began, on a side screen she monitored the rest of the Knights status to make sure that everything was going well and noticed that Mercy was heading her way, she turned off the open chanel and opened a voice channel over the initial coded line to Mercy to talk strategy.

Kara, grinned at Cossack's plan of attack as she countered his blow to her shield with a fluid movment of Brynhildr and her shield arm that allowed her to capture his blade in the cleave he had just created in her sheild. This move also enabled her to point her gattling laser directly at Cossack and begin firing.

Continuing to move Brynhildr in the same arc she dropped the her mecha's shoulder and edged Brynhildr inside Cossacks guard, using her blade to push his sword to the outside as she aimed a blow for the mechanical tendons of Cossacks front right leg as pushed Brynhildr's weight up against that of Cossacks.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No point going after a hostage if everyone knows we're not going to execute him."

The situation wasn’t looking good, they’d been flanked and there wasn’t any real cover for a mecha out here. Las rounds smacked into the ground around her throwing torn chunks of earth into the air. Not for the first time Alana wished for a smoke screen, or at the very least a more powerful laser cannon.

Gemini 2 staggered, she clamped her tounge between her lips waiting for the shot and put another burst of fire from her las cannon out towards the same leg as the mecha launched its missiles.

<ECM on>
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of missiles blew up in front of Jon as his laser bolts cut through them. More went right past him, their target-seeking capability defeated by his ECM field. Only a couple of them actually impacted on his front armor by sheer luck.

There was short pause in the laser fire, and as the Laser Cannons opened up again, their beams went across each other the position from where Jon had fired his Gatlings, but by that time, Hologram was no longer there.

The carriers turned sideways and started advancing onto the pasture on which Hologram was trying to hide, flatening a section of the chainlink fence in the process.

<Alpha 5: Reloading Missile Pod 6/18>

===============================================

Apparently, Prince Garran was a better swordsman than Kára had given him credit for. Instead of trying to resist her move he went with it, giving way with his right blade and pushing against Kára's shield with his left. The sudden lateral force destabilized Brynhildr's stance and made her stumble a few steps sideways.

Most of Davion's gatling fire passed between the two combatants, a few bolts hitting either Mecha without any serious effect.

Garran continued the circular move until Cossack ended up on the far side of Brynhildr from Davion and the other Myrandrians' point of view. With a quick flick of Cossack's arm, he freed his locked blade from Kára's shield.

===============================================

Tenshi wrote:
Davion rocked lightly in his seat as gatling laser fire scored a few hits across Mercy's rear.

((Those were missiles, not laser fire, but apart from that, the description is fairly accurate.))

<Mercy: Armor Degraded 1/2>

===============================================

Patroponne's approaching reinforcements finally came into visual range. Two quintetts of hoverlift vehicles, each group made up like the one Jon was already facing: Two Laser carriers and three Missile carriers.

Seconds later, Davion (being currently the only Myrandrian present without ECM protection Shocked ) heard the warning tone informing him of multiple missle locks on his Mecha.

The Laser carriers fired a couple of shots at various targets by sight only, but didn't hit anything.

<Beta and Gamma Squadrons: Missile locks on Mercy>

===============================================

Gemini 2 started to move towards the group of vehicles appraoching from the south, sending a couple of missiles and more laser fire in Archer's direction on the way.

Gemini 1 shifted his aim to Caballus and let loose with both guns in an attempt to cover his sibling's retreat.

<Gemini 2: Missile Pod 4/12>

===============================================

((Have I forgotten anyone?))
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyris



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 876
Location: Beneath a vast mound of curly hair

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missile pods, eh? Targets one to six in sight...
Caballus
breaks left and sticks its right arm out sideways, allowing Sir Henry to strafe the missile carriers. As short a burst as possible - only one to two Gatling laser bolts - streaks out at each one, aimed* at the missile pods in an attempt to detonate them.

Gemini 1's bolts are registered and ignored. At the current range, attempting to dodge will do little to change the probability of being hit. Instead, he breaks right again and heads for one of the laser carriers, męlée weapon and shield held forward.

*insofar as any aiming is possible on the move and with ECM on
_________________
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Dubbed "Tetris" by Asa... apparently.
Keeper of Nanashi's ghostly blue visage and Felucca's hypothetical ejecting nose-cone.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Now I know what I've forgotten before: Kára had fired her Gatling Laser at the Prince!))

Due to Cossack's circling maneuver Brynhildr's laser fire was a great deal less accurate that it was planned, but still enough destructive energy was transferred to the Patroponnese Mecha to cut further through its outer armor plating.

<Cossack: Armor Degraded 0/2>
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Can't stay here." Alana swore bitterly, this wasn't her kind of fight, too close in and they'd effectively been flanked already. Mecha could move fast when they had to; she didn't like working close in but sometimes there was no other way to do it. Gambling the Pats wouldn't shoot too near their own prince she drew Archer's sword just in case and advanced down the side of the road at speed putting herself on the prince's quarter.

Slaving the gatling laser to Archer's computer Alana dropped the ECM field freeing the enhanced sensors to paint the missiles for the computer. The Pats were all using their own ECM fields anyway so it wasn't like sensors would be helping the enemy. Archer's computer flagged the missiles and the gatling laser purred into life sending spears of blinding crimson light out to meet them with computer controlled accuracy.

Honour didn't fall high on Alana's list of life goals, she fired her las cannon into Cossack's legs point blank.

<Enhanced sensors on>
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I've been visualizing my movement as taking me roughly south-westward; backing away from the road and the opponents. Thus I think I'm probably far enough south of the hostiles to pull this.))

Jon once again vaulted up in the air, trying to keep himself as mobile as possible and find a way out of a confrontation he'd never win. This time, though, he cut loose with as much gatling fire as he could, sacrificing aim from his leaping Mecha for sheer volume of fire. He angled south east, cutting back toward a bend in the road, and rotated as he landed, hitting the ground running as fast as he could. Discretion's the better part and all that, he thought angrily to himself, but he knew he couldn't seriously combat these hostiles up-front. The Hologram was designed to get in and, just as important, get out fast. Time to get to the escort.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{sorry for the delay, life seriously took over these last few weeks, and then i had no idea what to post}}

Kara let Brynhildr move with the turn, this wasn't a very fair fight therefore she began to reasses her strategy.

She scanned the surrounding area and noticed the additional forces coming to aid the prince and the damage of her Kingiths mecha's and made a split second decision. There would be no wars decided on this battle.

Kara opened an encrypted comm to her Knights typing out a simple message as she began firing her gatling laser at the damaged area of the Princes mecha as she slowly backed Brynhildr towards the Vayne border. She wasn't a fan of the crash and dash tactic but it was her Queen's order and she would follow it.

To 'her' Knights, "Retreat towards Vayne, we need friends at our backs no foes."

To Davion/Mercy (via his further encrypted comm link), "Mercy, I hope your troops are near at hand. We will need them to cover our retreat."
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I feel like I have the flu, my head is going to explode... if my writing sucks, forgive me))

Davion exhaled slowly, listening to the warning alarms ringing softly through the cockpit. As he inhaled, he gripped the sticks more tightly in both hands, and planted his feet firmly on both pedals. Preparing for his next move, he smiled a sure, amused little smile and nodded to nobody in particular.

"Good luck, Kara," he offered to the viewscreen only. Cossack was now between him and Brynhildr, making further help impossible.

He twisted both sticks sharply, and pressed one of the pedals down to kick the mecha's leg out sharply. Mercy shuddered, spinning in place and teetering dangerously on one foot's toes. Before the momentum could plant it in the dirt, Davion thrust his other foot down and release the first. Mercy's leg sprung out from under it, kicking up a huge spray of dirt and grass as it took off like a rocket of it's own.

Rotating the weapon select wheels on both sticks, he disabled the automatic disable ability of both laser weapons. Dumping raw heat into Mercy's core was dangerous, in fact it was probably suicidal. Then again, he had come to a costume ball without a mask, as it were.

Working the pedals in rapid succession, he twisted the sticks lightly back and forth to keep Mercy's balance as it plunged off the roadway and into the forests. It may buy him a moment of time and cover, but it likely would take only a fraction of a second for the missile boats to realize he was heading straight at them.

He powered toward Vayne, distant on his overmap in it's little corner of his neon colored world. Only very distantly did he hear Kara, and realize that things were probably going to get much worse before they got better. In fact, he had thought that the RRF would already be here. Not much in the way of support, but enough to keep the vehicles from raining them with missiles...

When I get back, somebody is getting demoted...
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group