FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Mecha Knights OOC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry will be posting re the prince tonight, been trying to think of what approach to go with and then got busy and injured so will post tonight... after work...
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davion Vayne wrote:
Lord Kleas's voice crackled to life through the comms, breaking up to some degree due to the twin ECM fields from the Blykes. As he swung his left arm wide across his field of vision, and fired a couple salvos of gatling lasers into the muzzle flashes of the Blykes, he thumbed the comms toggle.


I can see how it could be easily missed, and I apologize. We'll go with it like he hadn't fired at the Blykes, as I should have made it much more clear (different paragraphs) what he was doing. I keep trying to trim down my posts, because I don't want to...I dunno, write too much? In my paring down the post, I combined two paragraphs where I should not have.

@Lope: Couple things...
#1 I'm assuming that one post by you = 1 "round" in game time. This is important for Laser Cannon refresh rates only, in truth.

#2 I'm assuming that Laser Cannons take 2-3 "rounds" to recharge. If you could clarify on that, I'd greatly appreciate it. Smile

IRT Burst Transmissions:

The Blykes will know this energy signature well, and recognize it as a call for reinforcements. Vayne, as per my thoughts about the history of the fiefdom (And Lope you're free to change as needed for your story) has become something of a paranoid fiefdom under Davion. His entire family betraying themselves, each other, and Myrandria in general, Davion trusts only one person honestly (his close adviser and friend, Alai). Alai handles several important figures below him, and they each have their own aids and helpers. This Monarchy, established both by Davion and by popular opinion in Vayne, has created a strong fiefdom of unity under one figurehead. Davion is regarded as something of a hero by most.

Note I said most. There are some (small) factions in Vayne that are fiercely loyal to one of Davion's uncles, now serving consecutive life terms in the highest security prison available in the fiefdom...right under the castle. I give this blackmai-Imean "Character Backstory" to Lope so that he may someday use it to give us more interesting plot elements. Wink

Anyhow, the burst transmission. The Blykes will recognize it for what it is, but nobody else can decode it. What is says is still a mystery to the Blyke forces, but they know it usually means any number of Vayne units are going to be on hand in short order. It's the exact number they're never sure about.

From a technical aspect, the Burst transmission is a private channel codec, then wrapped in cryptography. Since the beginning and end of these are indistinguishable if you're just trying to intercept the comms, it's virtually impossible to figure out what you're seeing. It goes like this:

(P for Private Codec, C for Cryptograph)

P C C P C P P C P C P C P P C P C C P C P C (And repeats)

This is strings of data. That represents the whole, and is transmitted in exactly that sequence each time. Intercepting it, of course, yields an unruly and unrecognizable string of data that (without knowing how to separate it into component parts) is unreadable.

Disadvantage being, if ever this system were compromised, it would by as simple as cracking private comms and then a moderate difficulty cryptograph...

See, told you I wrote too big of posts... Razz
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops!

Yes, I missed that.

Don't worry though, you did shoot at the twins, you simply didn't hit anything... Wink

I edited the part about ignoring the twins out of my post.
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries then, it wasn't as much to hit them as to send them off balance a bit. Davion's going for the snake's head before those extra forces arrive...
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[QUOTE=JackAce]((Have I forgotten anyone?))[/QUOTE]

Archer took another shot at Gemini 2's leg.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nem wrote:
[QUOTE=JackAce]((Have I forgotten anyone?))


Archer took another shot at Gemini 2's leg.[/quote]

Oh yeah, but you didn't hit her. Wink
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce:

A few things about this rpg have been naggling at me since the battle started. You'll have to pardon the tone, but i'm tired and have little time to mince words.


First off the Jump Jets. We were all led to believe that they were for short jumps not extended flight. However you have the twins flying above everyone and firing down like no tomorrow. But doesn't that go against what the jump jets were designed to do based on your statement in the BG thread...

JackAce wrote:
Jump Jets: Jump Jets mounted in the lower torso serve to propel a Mecha into the air, allowing it to jump over obstacles and enemy formations. They are, however, not strong enough to keep the Mecha airborne for any extended period of time. A Mecha can only have one set of Jump Jets, which takes up two "slots".


Also wrt my character, please don't assume thoughts for my character. The smile is because she enjoys hand to hand combat. Her response is the most logical for the attack. In no way is that a reflection that she thinks the prince is a bad at fighting. Someone who's mecha carries 2 blades and no shield is obviously going to be good.

As well, Brynhildr's weight is levered into the body of Cossack not the arm. Changing the pressure distribution isn't going to cause that many problems for her.

Also if Davion is firing at Cossack from behind how exactly can shots that occured before Brynhildr made her attack pass between her and Cossack?

As well is it just me or does it seem that our mecha are getting the stuffing beat out of them while your mecha are faring just fine with only minor damage from very few hits, as lately every single shot pretty much has missed. If you weren't the mod i'd be asking re god moding.

I'm not meaning to sound like i'm whining, i just find it strange is all.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feaelen wrote:
First off the Jump Jets. We were all led to believe that they were for short jumps not extended flight. However you have the twins flying above everyone and firing down like no tomorrow. But doesn't that go against what the jump jets were designed to do based on your statement in the BG thread...

JackAce wrote:
Jump Jets: Jump Jets mounted in the lower torso serve to propel a Mecha into the air, allowing it to jump over obstacles and enemy formations. They are, however, not strong enough to keep the Mecha airborne for any extended period of time. A Mecha can only have one set of Jump Jets, which takes up two "slots".

OK, this is probably due to me not describing the action properly. The Blykes aren't exactly "flying" they just keep jumping around. My descriptions might have led you to believe that they both only touched the ground once so far. But really, they've been jumping, landing and jumping again in rapid succession.

Jump Jets are easily powerful enough to make a Mecha jump over another. But they do not allow it to hover over the battle field.

Feaelen wrote:
Also wrt my character, please don't assume thoughts for my character.

Sorry.

I prefer to describe my part of the events in "story mode", as opposed to the "semi-OOC" mode I've seem from the GMs in other RP threads.

But I agree that I might have gone a bit too far with the specific comment you're referring to.

Feaelen wrote:
Her response is the most logical for the attack. In no way is that a reflection that she thinks the prince is a bad at fighting. Someone who's mecha carries 2 blades and no shield is obviously going to be good.

As well, Brynhildr's weight is levered into the body of Cossack not the arm. Changing the pressure distribution isn't going to cause that many problems for her.

I guess our disagreement in this case is based on conflicting visualizations of how the fight is actually going...

And while Kára is definitely a capable fighter, she is supposed to be seriously outclassed by the Prince. She made a move on him, but he outmaneuvered her.

Feaelen wrote:
Also if Davion is firing at Cossack from behind how exactly can shots that occured before Brynhildr made her attack pass between her and Cossack?

Garran's move caused the both of you to circle around each other. So the lasers could pass in between you two. Right now, your positions are exactly opposite those you started the fight in.

Feaelen wrote:
As well is it just me or does it seem that our mecha are getting the stuffing beat out of them while your mecha are faring just fine with only minor damage from very few hits, as lately every single shot pretty much has missed. If you weren't the mod i'd be asking re god moding.

Possibly a bit of both...

Yes, you haven't really made much progress against them yet, but I wouldn't say that's the result of god-moding or anything similar.

Knowing that they would be outnumbered (at least until their reinforcements arrived) the Patroponnese chose their tactics precisely for the purpose of making themselves hard to hit, while keeping you as busy as possible. That's why the Blykes keep jumping around like circus acrobats and the Prince hurried to get himself into close combat and not present himself as a target for anyone's guns (this part hasn't actually been that sucessful so far!)

I just did a quick counting of the actual damage both sides have suffered so far:

Patroponne:
2 Levels of Ablative Armor
1 Damaged Leg

Myrandria:
2 Levels of Ablative Armor
1 Damaged Shield

That doesn't look particularly unbalanced to me...

Also, Mecha are designed to be able to take quite a beating without breaking down. The vehicles that just arrived will prove to be quite easier targets.
The fact that Sir Jon has not caused any damage to his group of opponents yet is the direct result of him not having fired a single shot at them yet.
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's been busy trying not to get the stuffing blasted out of him. Five on one isn't terribly fair... which is why Jon's about to rabbit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the delay, life happened will post at lunch.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, am I holding anything up? Not sure, I need to carefully re-read tomorrow after class to see if I need to reply again...

If I am, I'm terribly sorry! My first week of college has been such a... erm, such a charlie foxtrot it's not even funny.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small reminder concerning the retreat Kára just ordered:

The shortest route towards Vayne territory leads at least partly along the road towards Nűrande Castle. There are enemy forces coming towards you from that direction, so your retreat will have to start with a breakout.

However, the same would have been true for retreat along any of the present roads. And retreating over open country might not be such a good idea due to the mountaineous nature of the terrain.
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, can someone please make a map that illustrates where we are in relation to the other countries and forces because at the moment i'm having a really hard time visualizing.

Especially since our only map has no real detail or even a North/South etc indicator therefore making it pretty hard to figure out where your forces are coming from. Especially since Patroponne is on the opposite side of the map to Vayne. and the Gemini twins are jumping all around the battle ground with no real indication of location.

Therefore my post is really just a shot in the dark as i there is no reference point for me to figure where your directions are with respect to where i'd like to head the Knights.

Also can we please consider my post on the rpg on hold until someone can plot out our immediate position and the location of everything else, and therefore enable me to better figure where to send us.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's the road map once more with some situational details added:

The big green symbol marks the position of the escort and the Patroponnese.

The small green symbol represents Lord Kleas.

The red symbols mark the enemy forces moving in on you.



The distances (along the road) to both Vayne and Kleas counties are nearly the same, and both counties are already supposed to be on yellow alert, so one choice is really as good as the other.

The advantage of retreating to Vayne is that it allows you to break through with only two groups of enemies present. If you now started to move north, the groups from the south and east could easily follow you and you'd ultimately have to face all three groups at once.
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lope, a couple questions now regarding Mercy:

First of all, what level of damage occurred to the left arm? Just, you know, what can I expect from it, and what will I need to know as to how it's working now?

Secondly, the vehicles that Davion just closed with, I want to know... how closely are they grouped? And even more importantly, Devastators are incredibly powerful missiles, right? Judging from your comments on Cossack firing them, I would assume they have some splash damage...

So, the main questions: How closely grouped are the vehicles, and what sort of splash damage to Devastator Missiles cause?
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group