FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you were the eldest.

My dad says I finished being a teenager when I was seven. I never had a curfew, and the one time I stayed out til two in the morning, my mother waited up for me. I was mortified, and it has never happened again.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a stroppy teenager but I outgrew it and I was never the kind to go out really late. My parents trust me, I never had a curfew or anything.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a curfew, but my Mum always waited up for me, and since she usually had work the next day I gave up going out that late!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tyris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just... never went out late. Going out late was something that happened to other people. Most likely those people had friends, or some such concept.

On the other hand, there was (and still is, when we're back at home) the strictest curfew on staying up late you ever did see. The Matriarch is one hell of a light sleeper, and the noise made just from moving around the room (though the creaky floorboard doesn't help to that end) is enough to wake her up, at which she doesn't get back to sleep for several hours and gives us an earful in the morning.

As to stroppiness... again, just didn't happen. Instead there's this quiet little kid who does what he's told without any fuss. Híjole, are we ever boring.

Besides, little brother is stroppy enough for the entire family. Can't say he ever went through teen angst, as such - more like teen anger (well, and child anger... and adult anger.... though not quite so much these days). At what, we just don't know.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
unimportant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't stay out late much, but as long as I check in if the time is moved back, or if there's something holding me up, I believe I could potentially stay out until the sun comes up.

latest I've ever been out is like two or three though, guitar hero can keep you around like that.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past year, I always stayed up till 3am. Even when I had to work at 5am. Needless to say, complications regarding my health arose. >>;

But my parents always gave me a curfew of about 11pm when i was in high school. When I graduated, only the car had to be back by 11pm; what I did outside of that was my business, though they did like to know what I was doing.
Lithrath

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My curfew isn't set in stone but if I'm even going to miss the family dinner at 6, it launches a zillion questions with my mum. If I'm with my elder brother or sister generally she'll let me stay out as late as we feel like, but alone/with friends (who do not live near me sadly), she freaks as soon as the sun begins to set. As a result, I try to do all my socializing during the day just so my mum doesn't have a break down. I guess she's over protective since I'm her youngest. Rolling Eyes

Just a reminder: If you'd like to be included on the birthday list, please PM the month and day of your birthday to Lithrath. Thanks~!
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is the birthday list?

The latest I've ever stayed out with friends is.....11.30pm.

It's not that we're not sociable, but very few of my friends drink and we're not the clubbing type, normally it's cinema and dinner on our nights out.
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest I've stayed out with friends is hard to say, since it turned into the next day. Very Happy (You guys are missing out!)
Allicat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've stayed out to the next day, but that was with prior consent, and it usually turned into my friends staying at my house!

Lithrath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
What exactly is the birthday list?

Before the forum crashed, we had a thread where we wished people happy birthday/ announced our birthdays. To make it easier on those of us with poor memory, I made a list of everyone's birthday (with the months replaced by ES months) and posted it.

It's another little fun thing to do on the forum and often led to multi-coloured text and sparklies.

^_^
Allicat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh Shinies! *_*

Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My curfew's about 9:30 on a school night. . .Though now I can stay out until around 12 or later with my sister on weekends because of this one incident that happened a year ago. . .We went to see POTC 3 on a saturday night, and afterwards my sister dragged me to Outback to visit a friend who works there. We didn't get home until almost 1, and my dad flipped out, ran down the stairs and yelled at us. Woke the whole house up, and grounded us for a month. My sister bucked the rule and now they don't bother either of us as long as we get up in the morning.

My mom also has a habit of waiting up - though I don't think she's ever lasted longer than 12, unless she's got to go pick someone up from the airport or something.
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no official curfew, since the only way we can get out is being driven or biking. There's an hour when biking is too tiring, and, if we're driven, our parents are picking us up, and don't want to come by too late. Once my sister stayed at her friend's house 'till five, and my mom stayed up... so it hasn't happened since.

The exception to the unofficial rule is babysitting, since we are then driven back...
CBB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a set curfew-my parents and I worked one out depending on the situation. I tended to guard my sleep like a bear defending cubs-on school days I made sure to be back by 10. On weekends, however, my parents and I often argued about whether I should come back by 1 AM or 4 AM. We usually settled for 2 AM.

Then I spent 1 1/2 years out of the home, and when I came back, my dad and I had a huge argument about curfews. I'm 20 now, and I think I'm a little old for them. My dad thinks that since I'm living in his house, he should know when I'm going to be back by-plus, he worries and sleeps badly if someone isn't home by the time he goes to bed. At any rate, the situation is in stalemate, with no curfew being de facto.

Psychosomatic! That boy needs therapy...
Ya que estamos en el baile, ˇbailemos!

Keeper of Earthsong's Wispy Wooshy Memory Ball
Keeper of the Dragon Planet
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: