FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RP: First Steps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs breathed out as the explosion ripped through the reactor, as he'd always been taught, in case of air-pressure spikes. The ship shook beneath him and he rode it confidently, his eyes on the dials and his hand on the telephone. He nodded at the captain's order, acknowledging it with a smart "Sir." and raised the handset to his mouth. "Engine room, full status report please. Inform the bridge of progress every two minutes please."

He continued to monitor his dials, and run through his pre-launch checks. Much more easy now the reactors were stoked and coming up to temperature ((not coming on-line, not anachronism for me =D)). He ran the test mechanisms for the steering jets, fuel injectors and re-checked the functioning of the gravity devices ((can we call them Einstein engines or something please =D)).
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even through the muffs she heard an audible explosion and felt a wave of queasiness wash over her. She took a deep breath then let it out. Her head swam a little, but it ended a few moments later. At least she wasn't standing at that moment. Once it had mostly passed she began to look around to make sure nothing had come undone.

She looked over at Thieli to see if she how she was, then rested her head back against the pads waiting for the ship to launch or until she was needed in fixing some problem with the engines. While she felt alright sitting, she wanted to wait a while before getting up.

(engine room)
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Sparrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the ringing in her ears softened, Jarvy swallowed to quell her stomach. She heard the Capitan say her name and turned to listen at his instructions, feeling more cheerful as she was finally getting orders. A glance at the screen in front of her reminded her of what tower their ship had been assigned. Jarvy tapped a few commands into the computer terminal and picked up the intercom mounted on the side of her chair, depressing the button to talk.

"Tower 4, this is the Bering, cold start has been initiated, status report imminent." Her finger lingered over the button to talk, her eyes watching Gibbs, waiting for a signal.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli unclipped herself from her harness, they wouldn't be moving for at least another 25 minutes, so she moved over to the comm and replied to Gibbs, "Engineering here, Stage 1 cold start is proceeding according to plan. Expect initiation of Stage 2 in 18 minutes. I will keep you up to date on our status."

With the reaction "managed" Thieli turned to Johanna, she looked a little green around the gills, but appeared to be managing her issues so Thieli thought best not to point out her weakness as it would not foster a good working relationship.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Engineering, thank you." Gibbs returned the telephone to its cradle, and swivelled his seat to face Miss Heit's, saying "Ma'am, cold start proceeds as planned, 25 minutes remaining, 18 minutes until stage two initiation. And might I request final weather reports from the tower , please, when we reach 20, 10 and 2 minutes before launch."
Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Miss Heit requested the weather report, the report would read that current expected weather is clear. Blue skies, with a 6:35 AM temperature reading in at about 58 Degrees farenheit. Barometric Pressure reading 29.97 inches and falling, and a 57% humidity. Southeast winds of 1-3 KPH. This was expected for the rest of the day, and on into the week.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Down in the engine room, Thieli and Johanna would be able to see that the engines would continue to run smoothly. Nothing special. All status green.

In a few moments, the ready lamp for the Stage 2 chamber would light up. Thieli or Johanna would simply need to press the corresponding button to power up the stage 2 engine once they're ready.

On deck, Damien might notice a pair of seagulls landing on the barrel of his turret gun. The birds might be injured in take off. Maybe he should scare them off? Or not.

In the pilot's chair, Mr. Gibbs may choose to notice or not a rather mysteriously unlabled green button blinking silently on the dash. He can simply push it, or ask it's significance.
Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvy repeated what Gibbs had relayed to the Tower, word for word, before accessing the Tower's weather station on the terminal. "I'm sending you the weather readout at your station, Mr Gibbs," and she did so.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien was still in his slightly delirious state when he saw a couple of gulls land on the end of the gun. One eyebrow slowly arced, and he reached forward for the controls.

If I fire, I may well injure them, and would definitely scare the ground crew half to death. No, best to just shake them off.

Leaning up to speak into the radio, he relayed his plan to the bridge. "Bridge, this is Gunnery. We have a few feathery passengers trying to ride one of the guns out, movement of the guns is just me checking tickets.."

He then proceeded to twist the handles of the turrets, moving them about in seemingly random directions in hopes of scaring the birds off of their perch.

Not a good place to be, guys.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs was satisfied with the weather report as it funnelled out of the telegraph printer on his console. Little wind, clear skies, an easy launch, all told. but he wasn't one to be cocky, so he continued his pre-flight checks. He wouldn't have to make any major allowances for windage on his launch.

Near the teleprinter, an unmarked button flashed green. It wasn't a familiar control, and he silently cursed himself for not having noticed it before the captain had left. The mate seemed to have about as much familiarity as he with this particular ship, so he felt it unlikely that she would know its purpose. So he resolved to keep his eye on it and carry on as normal until the captain entered.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli watched at the levels changed an the indicator for Stage 2 lit up. She hit the comm button and reported into the bridge, "Engineering here, initiating Stage 2."

Thieli pressed the button to start the second part of the cascade.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tomato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Thieli pressed the appropriate button, the engine in the boiler room whirred to itself impatiently, gathering more and more energy. The ship seemed to vibrate as each reaction was captured and stored within the ships hull. It wouldn't take long for the second stage to power up...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien's turret movement's shook off the rather annoyed bird. It squawked it's disapproval a few times, then fluttered off in a huff. The side effect of the turret movement was a noticable whine in the turret rotation. Damien could possibly find this particular whine somewhat annoyin, but not mechanically significant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the crew getting settled into their positions, Captain Eisner found a chair and pulled it up to his newest and most up to date star map. Brushing that aside, he laid down an old, weathered, beaten map that seemed to more resemble something used by ancient pirates than modern space-farers.

He grinned to himself, recalling a location.

He grabbed the comm, pulling the pilot's handset to his mouth.

"Mr. Gibbs, I want to know as soon as we're ready for lift-off. I've got a heading for us as soon as we break atmosphere. Also, send Ms. Heit my way, if you'd be so kind."

Calling then down to the engine room, the captain put in:

"Thieli, if you'd be so kind, please come see me once we're out of atmosphere. I'm going to have something of an officer's meeting."

---------------------------------------------------------------

A small, previously unnoteworthy sign flicked on anonymously throughout most main chambers within the ship. It said, "Please find a seat." in large, friendly yellow letters.

Anyone not sitting, probably has sound reason to do so now.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien released the controls again with a sigh. He kept one eye open, albeit halfway open, to watch in case any more "passengers" made an entrance. The whine, that wasn't going to bother him yet. He could help Thieli or Johanna tear it apart later and put it back together properly.

Almost out of it, almost got your head cleared again.

The little yellow light flickered behind the warm, friendly lettering, and he couldn't help but chuckle. Then, the chuckle turned into a bit of a giggle before he clapped a hand over his mouth to stifle it. Blinking a few times, he checked his harness and settled down into the seat.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Engine room, stage two initiation acknowledged." Gibbs began to feel the familiar surges of a ship coming to life beneath his feet. He relished it. HIs handset squawked again. "Acknowledged, Captain. I'll let you know when we're ready to cast off." He swung his chair to face Ms Heit. "Ma'am, the Captain wants to see you in his ready room, if you'd be so kind."

The bridge would be empty for a while. It might be a chance to figure out what the flashing button was.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli nodded more for herself then anyone watching. She pressed the comm button and replied to the Captain, "Yes Captain as soon as we're settled i'll be there."

Thieli watched as the pressure built up to the next stage and the seating warning came on, she wouldn't have long to wait for Stage 3 initiation.

Thieli thumbed on the comm and called up to the Bridge for her 2min report, "Engineering to Bridge, Stage 2 proceeding on schedual."

((i'll wait for Sparroh to move her char before going whole hog wild with the engines))

Sparrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvy briefly smiled her acknowledgment at Gibbs before moving quickly to the Capitan's waiting room, lest she get caught in the second stage blast. Turning from Gibbs, she wondered if he'd ever loosen up. It was very polite at the moment, but Jarvy mused it would grow old after awhile- for Gibbs or the other ladies first, Jarvy couldn't guess.

She knocked thrice, and then cracked the door-
"Sir?"

((Mato, to speed things up, when you post you can go ahead and assume Jarvy moved in and took a seat :P Thanks for saving her from a concussion Fea! XP Start 'er up ))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: