FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Wink Murder 1: SS Salamander
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally blinked, not finding this entirely fair, but unwilling to challenge the Capt. directly.

She wordlessly grabbed the two closest plates, slapped them quickly down in front of their owners, and leaned unobtrusively against a wall.

"Ma'am, perhaps you could enlighten us as to how the day/evening will be going?" Tally said, finding her voice surprisingly cool.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay walked into the cafeteria to find the captain arguing with. .. the first mate was it? She still wasn't used to all these new people, it made her edgy. She stole a late out of the surgeon's hands and grabbed a fajita - she loved fajitas. She watched the huffy looking cook with interest, but otherwise decided not to speak, the time for that would come later.
Sparrow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lindsay Farhen, ma'am," She called over her shoulder as she ducked under someone's elbow to get at a seat and a plate, not waiting to sit completely to chow down. Mainly focusing on her food, she was making a bit of a mess, but paid it no mind. Delicious!
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally knew she was appearing slow, but was past caring. At the moment, amidst the concentrated sound of people chewing, things were going slow. Perhaps this was a good time to ditch the fajita...?

Ponce
Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint put the rest of the plates on the table loudly before helping himself to the fajitas and going back to his quarters without a single word. The captain's words got to him. It wasn't HIS job to put out the plates--he was far above that. He didn't go to school for all those years just to set a table.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conflict over, Angela returned to her meal. She ate the rest of it rather quietly, scarcely making eye contact with anyone else. It was not in her interest to start another flare-up, and she was quite content to eat her fajita in peace.

Sometimes the simple meals really are best..

((Feel free to continue doing the dining bit, but this is for the next day))
-----THE NEXT DAY------
Anyone who was used to Angela's morning routine of jogging at a certain hour would find the hallways strangely...quiet. Not a single sign of Angela was to be found, not in the normal route she took nor on the bridge. There was one peculiarity, for somebody who normally locked everything up so tightly... her door was slightly open.

The first to investigate would be treated to a wonderfully preserved (or, rather, undisturbed) murder scene. She sat in her chair, facing the far wall, her arms dangling over the sides and her head lolled back, eyes open and staring up emptily at the ceiling.

((I'll defer any science-of-death questions to the GM, though))

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
horsin'around

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In her quarters, Tally stretched luxuriously. Last night's dinner had been a fiasco, and Tally was determined not to let anything like it happen again. Even it meant not talking with everyone. Yawning, she went to wash her face.

((I'll wait for guidance from someone else...Alli or something...))

Ponce
Allicat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why?! Why are they always idiots? I pick the best and as soon as we get a couple of clicks out they turn into morons!"
Sara was still fuming from the night before. And the night before that, and the night before that, and the night before that, and all the nights leading up to this one. She sighed and thought It'll never change.
She paused.
Maybe...

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Ach! when did my characters become free? D: Aww, sorry guys, I'm not able to get on on weekdays other than the hours between 4-8 pm EST, and there are 4 other kids.....plus my family went out yesterday....I need to stop signing up for RP's....))
Adella woke up from dreams of being chased by giant bunnies, and then being married to Buddy Holly.
She stretched, and jumped out of the bed. She threw on some outfit she had picked the night before....The night before!
God, she had been an donkey, she had to remember to apologize to everyone....
She stepped out of her room and headed towards the kitchen. Seh stopped. Where was the annoying thump-thmup thump-thump she was so used to. She hoped it wasn't her fajitas, it was the first time in awhile she had made them...
She slid over to Angela's room.
"Angie, 'you okay?"
she rapped on the door lightly, and it swung open. She looked at angela lying in a chair, her body limp like bad spagghetti.
"An...gela...?"
she touched her arm. Cold.
She jumped up and ran to Clint's room.
"Clint? Clint?! Clint!"
She banged on his door, as tears started streaming down her face. Her voice getting higher and frantic.
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were no giant bunnies in Sam's dreams, nor entertainers of an age long gone. There was no flying or running. Just a single person.

And when he woke, that person did not leave his mind. He was breathing strangely, and he had never felt this way before. How, how did he ever fail to notice that wonderful, amazing woman? How had he lived his life until now without her? He had been so close to her, how did he not see her for who she was?

Adella.

He stood up without realizing it and stumbled out of his room. He was unshowered and dressed in his sleepclothes, but he did not notice. He needed to tell her now, it had to be now, it was perfect! All he could think of was her eyes, the smell of her long brown hair, her heavenly food....

Sam walked oddly, clutching the cold metal walls as he moved down the corridor. He had no idea that Clint had put something in his food, nor would he have cared if you had told him just then. He was interested in one thing, and one thing only.

But before he could reach Adella's room, he saw her! There his angel stood, her face white and wet with tears, pounding on Clint's door. This was perfect! He could comfort her, she needed him! Sam half-limped towards the girl imprinted in his mind, his expression caring and his arms outstretched.

"Adella..." and her name was like honey on his tongue. "It's okay, come here..."
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay had slept well, and woken up to an unusual silence. Small things like this disturbed her. Where was the running girl? She threw a shirt on over her tank top and poked her head out her door. Out here there was an odd, faint noise. commotion. She made an indistinguishable noise, too tired to mutter. She was not happy. She shuffled down the hall and walked upon a strange scene. Adella was pounding on Clint's door, and the engineer was hobbling towards her, arms open, crooning something. "What in heaven's name is going on here!? Don't you know how early it is!?" Of course, she'd failed to look at the clock, but she thought she'd pretend like it was before the crack of dawn anyways - she just ignored the fact that, in space, time was practically irrelevant.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally stepped out of her doorway to chaos;

Adella the cook was pounding frantically on Clint's door, her face streaming tears, Sam the engineer was mincing towards Adella, saying something incoherent. And Jay the navigator was irritably chastising everyone for making a commotion. Tally suddenly thought of a wonderful thing: I can pull rank on them!

Stepping briskly out of her doorway, she snapped tersely, "Someone tell me what the bloody 'ell is going on here. Report! You!" she pointed sternly at Adella, the woman who was crying. Honestly, she had no patience for such things.

Ponce
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam was aghast. How dare this woman shout at his love! He moved quickly towards Tally, with rage in his eyes. He towered over the short woman.

"Don't you ever shout at her again, you got that?? I'll tear your guts out!"
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint bolted out the door as soon as he woke up; as a med officer, he was trained to be out the door in an instant to take care of whatever crisis that presented itself.

Adella was pounding on his door as he opened it, tears streaming down her face. She was pretty much the only person Clint was close to onboard, and his eyes widened to see her so distraught.

"Shh.... Shhh....." Clint said, giving her a big hug. Not one other person would be in this close a physical contact with him. He rubbed her back. "What's going on, 'Della?" He looked behind her and was shocked to see most of the crew behind her. Sam obviously had a violent reaction to the vasopressin--apparently he had given the guy too much... Tally and Jay were busy trying to fend off Sam; Clint would have plenty of time to calm Adella down without interference.

"Here... Sit down and tell me what's going on," he said, beginning to steer her towards one of his large, comfy chairs.
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adella looked up at them.
"It's Angela....she, she...she won't move....she..I-"
She grabbed Clint's hand and dragged him to the room, where Angela's body was limp in her chair....
"Angie..." She said.
"Look at her..." she quietly pleaded to Clint, tears still coming.
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: