FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Wink Murder 1: SS Salamander
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Tamir



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1629
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam grinned at his apprentice. "Nope, the Aberan cycler is supposed to look exactly like that. See, it's connected right over there and it's moving just fine. Problem's somewhere else. Maybe if we.....waitaminute...."
The Engineer sniffed the air. And again.
"What's that smell? The engine shouldn't be smelling like that!!"
He looked around wildly before realizing the obvious.
"Ahhh, right. Dinner. You go along, Farhen, I'll catch up soon."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
horsin'around



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1260
Location: Stupidville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally turned bemusedly as Captain Munroe scurried off. There can be no other word for it; scurried. One eyebrow lifted, seemingly of it's own accord. Tally pinched herself. People were allowed to have their quirks. Speaking of quirks...

She trotted easily from the bridge towards the kitchen area, hoping to convince the cook to give her something other than what smelled like beef and bell peppers. She didn't like meat.

Walking a little too fast - she had wanted to beat the rest of the crew - she almost collided with a tall man in a lab coat. Wait...hold on...almost...what was his name?

"Clint!" Oops! She almost covered her mouth with a hand and blinked. Gathering the remaining shreds of dignity, Tally summoned all the command her short, slight frame had and said, "Excuse me."
_________________
Fall down seven times, get up eight. --Japanese Proverb

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela continued her work at the data terminal for a few moments longer, visibly having to pull herself away. As she stood, she tapped a few final keys on the terminal to lock out any unwanted users.

"Can never be too safe, a minute of damage would take a week to undo..." she mused quietly to herself, and began jogging to catch up to the other two women.

After all, the dinner bell (of a sort) had been rung! Angela had grown accustomed to the dining schedule, which usually meant turning up as soon as the food smelled like it was ready. As she passed the various rooms on the way to the galley, she made room for the assistant engineer (should she be leaving).

I should really make effort to learn people's names on these voyages... she mused to herself, entering the kitchen whilst trying to not look too obvious about her intentions...
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally's fast pace and collision knocked poor Clint over. Shaking his head and looking away, he mumbled "It's okay." He stood up and went closer to Adella; he liked her. She was nice and they had gotten along, especially since they worked together so often what with him being the med officer and her being the cook. He was shy around these new people.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
horsin'around



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1260
Location: Stupidville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Maen, I said almost collided...oh well. This works too. Wink ))

Tally sighed. Her job was hard enough without people treating her like an ogre.

"First mate Tally Sohovic at your service." She announced rather belatedly, hiding her embarrassment behind protocal and rank. She thought about apologising again, but decided not to. That was her biggest problem, she reflected, not being aloof enough. The very last thing she wanted to do was get close to anyone. Besides, these close quarters were really getting to her.

"Sorry to barge in here like that," she mumbled, trying to ignore the fact that Clint, so much taller than she was edging closer to Adella, the cook. "I was just wondering what was for dinner." She suddenly lost the desire to ask for a salad or something. She was already feeling like the eccentric first mate!
_________________
Fall down seven times, get up eight. --Japanese Proverb

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sparrow



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 100
Location: One of many comfy couches in the known universe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wild grin would be the last Sam saw of Lindsay as she trotted out of the engine room at the word 'dinner.' "Kay, thanks, see ya!"

She walked towards the mess-hall of sorts, trying to smooth out her uniform lest she get another lecture about walking around in a filthy set again. Trying to be inconspicuous, she smelled her sleeve and decided she was fine, she could wash it tomorrow.

"Hey all," she voiced in the direction of the three people standing in the hallway outside the kitchen. They seemed a little awkward, but Lindsay ignored it and added herself to the mix. "I second Tally's notion there, what is for dinner?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay paused in her study of star charts when she smelled dinner. She smiled, it smelled like steak! It'd been a while since she'd had any. She stuck a small push pin in a section of the large map to mark her place. Some Navigators used holograms. But she preferred good old-fashioned paper and plastic. Sticking her head out the door, she checked the hall, one of the crew was fond of jogging, and she didn't want to get run over. Seeing no one, Jay slunk out into the hall and towards the smell of food.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
horsin'around



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1260
Location: Stupidville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcomer

Tally swiftly assessed her. Ah, the bouncy one. Her name? Lindsey something...engineer's apprentice. Probably not dangerous.

"Hello Lindsey," Tally said automatically, "I cannot seem to recall your last name...?" she offered a half-smile at the girl.
_________________
Fall down seven times, get up eight. --Japanese Proverb

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spawnofjaws



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 559
Location: North Carolina! And proud of it...!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Ha your all wrong! we're having fajitas!))
Adella looked up from her cooking, she had been out of it for awhile.
She saw Clint, "Oh, hey, yes." She took the nutrients form his hand "Sam, right?"
She looked at the others filtering through to the mess hall.
"We're having Fajitas," Adella ginned wickedly.
"I don't often get to make Mexican dishes, so tonight I am pleased,"
she commented to Clint.
She dished out the peppers, onions and Steak strips onto flour tortillas, and folded them over.
"Could you help me pass they out?" she said to him. Adella dumped out the contents of the vial onto one plate, and proceeded towards the kitchen door.
She set Sam's plate in front of her, and passed one to Tally.
"Jeeze" she said "I keep on forgetting how many women we have on this ship...." and sneaked back to the kitchen....
((Clint needs to give Angela and Jay their plates))
_________________
Hoffman icon courtesy of my very good friend, Isaymakebelieve, on LJ, check her out! http://community.livejournal.com/isaymakebelieve/
In my brain, I'm someone famous AND important!
Dubbed 'Egg' by ASA, but also responds to "spegg"...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
horsin'around



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1260
Location: Stupidville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally blinked at the plate that suddenly appeared in her hands from the brisk cook. She didn't even like Mexican food, or meat, but complaining now would seem churlish.

She morosely took a tiny bite from her fajita-thingie. The cook was superb; that much was obvious, but Tally was banking on being able to ditch the tortilla somewhere.
_________________
Fall down seven times, get up eight. --Japanese Proverb

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spawnofjaws



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 559
Location: North Carolina! And proud of it...!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adella stopped in the middle of the kitchen doorway. She looked at Tally and her eyes narrowed.
"What is it?" she said, suddenly appearing behind her.
"Is there something wrong with it...?"
_________________
Hoffman icon courtesy of my very good friend, Isaymakebelieve, on LJ, check her out! http://community.livejournal.com/isaymakebelieve/
In my brain, I'm someone famous AND important!
Dubbed 'Egg' by ASA, but also responds to "spegg"...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint raised his eyebrow. He was the medical officer, not the servant. He put the dishes on the table, but with obvious distaste. It was not his station.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela was equally uncomfortable with Clint's sudden recruitment. She looked up with a bit of a smile, half forced and half noncommital, and reached for the plate along the table. Name...Name...Wasn't it the name of that old Earth western flick star...? Yes, that was it!

"Thank you, Clint."

Even as she finished offering thanks, her eyes were distracted by the cook suddenly hovering over the first officer. Angela watched, completely enthralled, and seemed to completely ignore the rest of the world around her. It was, after all, a new type of stimuli. Something to break the boredom!
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
horsin'around



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1260
Location: Stupidville

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tally tried not to startle as the cook suddenly popped into existence right at her left elbow.

Aaah, psycho-cook!

"What is it? Is there something wrong with it?" Adella rapped out suspiciously.

"Uh...eh? This? Oh this! No, nothing wrong, I'm just a slow eater." Tally widened her eyes innocently.

"Why don't you go help Clint?" she offered shamelessly, "he seems to be having problems serving out plates."
_________________
Fall down seven times, get up eight. --Japanese Proverb

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allicat



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390
Location: Land of the troll.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sara came into the galley just in time to hear her second in command offering up the proverbial lamb to the slaughter.
"Clint appears to be fine to me. He is not responsible for handing out plates. After all," and here the faintest note of a sneer entered her voice "we can't have his surgeon's hands getting tired, can we?"
_________________
He who does not eat cheese will go mad. ~ French proverb.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group