FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Dream Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: The Dream Thread Reply with quote

I think this thread was in the pre-crash forum and I liked it, it's always fun to talk about dreams.

Last night I dreamt I was one of my own characters (a guy no less) but it wasn't his story. Somehow I had managed to anger the devil himself and he was coming to fight me. I was really nervous and I went into hiding with a few friends (who I don't know in real life and weren't characters.) That worked for a little bit but then the devil found me.
It's a little hazy after this, I think we either talked or fought but either way I won and felt really happy afterwards.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we supposed to analyze each other's dreams, or just share...?

Dreams, to me, tend to be pretty gender neutral... And fighting the devil himself, huh? It sounds like fun, but then I have a different sort of "normal dream-state" than I think most would.

I scarcely have dreams, but plenty of nightmares to share. Let me know if you're up for a good horror story, Laughing

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
JackAce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamt I was in a Supermarket. The shop's layout seemed to be a mix of several Supermarkets that I frequent. I kept finding all kinds of stuff in my shopping cart, which I couldn't remember putting in there and couldn't afford to buy. So I was kinda busy putting aal these things back into their shelves, which took some time, because I had to find all the right shelves first.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, feel free to give any insight you have, talking or analysizing is welcome.

And I'd love to hear a horror story. I've had a few scary dreams which I will share when I don't have to leave the house in five minutes.
Tomato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dream thread. You talk about dreams. You can analyze, if you like, but most people just share since analyzing everyone's dreams would take forever for anyone except Freud, who is in fact, dead.

I had a dream I was getting into the car, and it exploded. Theeeeeenn... I survived. I walked out. I was naked and smoking. As in, from fire, not my amazing physique. Anyhow, I suddenly had this thought: "Wow! I must be a superhero."

So, I started jumping around, I could do this weird sorta jump-fly thing. Aannnnd I was explosion proof. Also: I could punch through metal. Really strong hands, or something. Anyhow, the bad guys (I'm not sure who these are) send tanks and stuff at me, and I blow them up. Then they send giant robots at me, and I punch through them and rip out important components. Theeeeeen, I woke up.

I kinda sucked waking up. I am no longer impervious to explosions. Lame. At least I can still punch through metal! Very Happy
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a dream thread earlier on in the forum v2.0, but it kinda petered out.

I had a dream this morning that I was me, but younger (about 12) and living in the late 1930s. My parents and I worked for a wealthy family, renovating their house and I was good friends with the daughter of this family but had never met any of the others. My parents were renovating the pantry when they heard a voice coming from a crack in the floor and it was a HUGE spider, like 10inches long! It said "I'm terribly sorry to be a nuisance, but would you mind giving me a hand?" So my dad used the tongs for the fire to lift him out of the crack and place him outside. He then said "Thank you very much." and scuttled off. This was evidently the norm in this dream since I felt no confusion or fear at a giant talking spider.
Later on in the dream I heard a buzzing and thought, "It's just a swarm of wasps" Just a swarm? Confused Anywho I was quite calm and walked towards the big house to shut the door on them when there was a huge explosion. It was the Germans and WWII had started! I ran inside and into a tiny room where all the rich family and my parents were hiding. For some reason I got on really well with the grandmother and we started singing "Tonight" from West Side Story while the bombs went off around us!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JackAce: That's a decidedly normal dream, though easily it could snowball into a panicky state. I mean, if things continued to appear in your buggy...

@Tomato: Your dream is made of epic win!

@Britland: You asked for it.

{[WARNING]}
{[Not a happy dream]}
This is a sort of recurring dream, actually. There's a cobblestone street, and sidewalks on either side of it. Coming out of the sidewalks are (barely) adult oak trees, maybe only 15-20 feet tall. These oak trees do not grow taller than the buildings they stand in front of, but they mask the fronts of these buildings so that they cannot be seen. The buildings themselves are brick and mortar, with solid concrete foundations and stairs leading up to each of them. Perfectly symmetrical, all of them.

The only other notable feature about the street are trash cans, paced every other tree, every one of them empty. I'm standing at an intersection, a "T" crossing. Before me, to my left, and to my right, stretch these identical roads as far as the eye can see. Behind me, I "feel" a dark sort of presence, the sort of thing you would associate with evil and death and a great deal of misery. I feel very threatened, and am compelled to run from it of course...so I begin down the street before me.

Then, as I'm running down this infinite street, I see a woman off in the distance. She's wearing a rather elaborate white gown, with frills and beads. She has dark, curly hair and brilliantly bright blue eyes, and she smiles at me as if she recognizes me. In her arms, she's holding a bundle of light blue cloth (classic baby bundle type deal).

Well, this shadow behind me recognizes her and glides off of my shoulder. It flows through the air toward her, and I can see it's jagged little razor-fingers stretching out from it's growingly solid form... so I start running. I run as hard as I can remember running, and in this dream I feel my legs start to cramp and my veins burn from all the pumping of blood. I remember feeling like I was going to die, because it hurt so badly, but I wasn't going fast enough and I pushed myself to the point of almost stumbling as I ran.

As I ran, I watched her smiling at me. I could make out every detail of her face, ever wrinkle in her lips, every eyelash. Her eyes were perfect, gorgeously bright blue, and her lips a soft and warm color that's hard to describe. She was perfect, and I was panicking, because I knew what was coming. As I willed my steps to carry me faster, as I desperately traied to hold my balance enough to keep running, my breathing came in ragged, painful gulps of rust tasking air.

Then my breath caught, and her smile faded. The shadow fell upon her. She dropped the bundle of cloth, and both the blue and white cloth became quite a bit more...red. I caught up to the shadow, and from my hand, in an emotion "rage" cannot begin to touch, created a sword made of pure light. She was falling, her mouth open in surprise, as I swung the beam of light into the shadow's neck...

The world fell into slow motion, while in real-time the shadow wrapped around the blade of light and coiled around my entire body. I remember understanding that there was no purity, no possibility to be "completely right and just" as it were. The shadow began to enter my skin, and I understood what evil in the world was made from. I understood the duality of a person, as I dropped to my knees and cradled her to my chest. As I held her tightly to me, I understood that the shadow wasn't a demon or an evil force or an outside creature of hatred. The shadow was me.

She mouthed something, returning to real time, but didn't have air in her lungs to project it audibly. The blue cloth lay scattered on the ground, it's contents mysteriously gone. Her beautiful blue eyes faded to grey, dull and lifelessly glazed over. Her dress grew more stained by the moment, and as I watched her continue to speak in slow, deliberate movements, it began to rain.

Much like it's raining today. An angry, constant (but not strong) rain backed by plenty of lightning and thundering chorus.

Erm. Did I mention I don't have dreams, but plenty of nightmares? Rather thought provoking though, I have a great number of spiritual and emotional epiphanies from dreams.

I'm going to go take a shower now. _ ::rambles off::

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tamir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But....but....but....
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knoooooow! I did say there was already a thread!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Where did...I have no recollection of that at all...

You wanna delete this thread?
Tamir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could merge the two, but I don't have that option. We might as well just continue here....
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I'm really sorry about the duplicate thread, I really didn't remember the first one.

On topic. Yes, that was a freaky dream Tenshi. My dreams vary from downright weird to downright ordinary.

I have recurring style dreams, for example in one dream I was fighting a guy I didn't get along with in school but no matter how hard I hit him there was no strength to my blows. In another dream my family were in danger but I couldn't speak and in a similar dream I was furious at my sister and when I tried to scream all that came out was a whisper.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is generally how it is with me and dreams.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Me too. Fortunately, there's usually something early enough during the day that reminds me of it, so I can write it all down. If it goes too long, I sometimes forget whether I dreamed or not at all. It's a shame, really, I used to remember every dream I had at night, every night. I still do dream every night, very vividly, I just don't have the discipline anymore to remember them. Le sigh.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has kind of stuck out in my mind ever since I've had it.

The dream starting out kinda mundane. It was one of those naked ones, and I decided to go buy some clothes. I bought some green panties to wear. I ran into my friend fighting someone, and she decided to come along with me. We would talk, but even the most harmless things I said would provoke her into a fit. On the street we met another one of my friends and for some reason he was leading a line of pigs. After a while we reached a gas station I often stop at to get something to drink.

We went in the garage, but something that hid under the cars was trying to grab my feet. I never knew where it was because there were so many cars, but I would occasionally see this trail of blood it left in between the cars. First it started to grab the pigs, and we wouldn't see it, only hear the pigs squealing. Then the friend leading them on, and then my angry friend. I was alone, and it was kinda creepy. It grabbed me and I 'woke' up. Only it was night and I wasn't home, but in my best friend's room. The walls were strange and moving and it scared me, so I left the room. There was that thing again standing in the shadows and it grabbed me again. Then I woke up for real.
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: