FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

GUITAR CHORDS URGENTLY NEEDED!

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: GUITAR CHORDS URGENTLY NEEDED! Reply with quote

I'm looking for the guitar chords/tabs for a couple songs, and I can't find them. Probably because I don't know where to look. I need them ASAP, so can I enlist the forum for help? It's worked before, I know that.

Anywho, I'm looking for the following songs:

"The Cruel Sister" by Clandestine (here's the lyrics)
"Scarborough Fair" by Celtic Woman (here's the lyrics)
"I Got Rhythm" by George Gershwin

The first two are a particular rendition of old ballads, so I really would like it if someone can find the tabs for that particular song, but the last is more recent.

Help! Thanks!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got nothing on the first one, the second one is offered by a site called "musicnotes" which required a download of a browser plug-in (I don't trust anything like that, though) or also through Amazon as the official tablature.

The third, however, was less elusive. All I could find was the intro, but erm...here's what I got?
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?3578863

Sorry I can't be more help. :\

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarborough Fair is actually a Simon and Garfunkel tune originally, that's probably why you can't find it tabbed under this other artist.

So you can try:
http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/s/simon_and_garfunkel/scarborough_fair-tab.shtml
if you want the individual notes or
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/simon_and_garfunkel/scarborough_fair_ver3_crd.htm
if you'd prefer the general chords

I'm a chord lady myself, but to each their own!

The others I'm not familiar with - sorry!
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarborough Fair is not originally by Simon and Garfunkel. It's an old song that they borrowed. Here's a wiki link if you don't believe me. ^_^
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* I know it's originally by someone else (and originally before that it was a country lullaby from hundreds of years ago. Unless S&G are particularly good at faking it), but the version by Celtic Woman is the one I want. It's on Youtube if you want to hear it, it's really amazing.

Anyway. I've changed my mind a bit and now I want to sing "Dreaming of You" by Selena, for which I've found the chords. dunno whether I want to still sing Scarborough Fair, but though Cruel Sister is a beautiful and haunting song (no pun intended), it's a bit boring to sing without the full instrumentals.

Dagnabbit. If only I could fill some of the time with flute, but it's a singing evening, and I can't really sing only solos, unless the guy who's playing the guitar agrees to not sing. But he's being so stubborn about replying! He's not talking to me, and we've only got a week left! AND, we've only got ONE DAY to practice together! Well, one and a half.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I formally disapprove of the Celtic Woman version. S&G did it much better, IMHO.
Asa

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but she sings in soprano A, and it's the first version I heard B. I'll sing in my range, thanks. And if your brother gets his tush in gear, you might not have to hear it after all.

YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamir wrote:
Scarborough Fair is not originally by Simon and Garfunkel. It's an old song that they borrowed. Here's a wiki link if you don't believe me. ^_^

They were the only ones who did it that matter. XP~~~

lol...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: