FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters RPG - OOC Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunters RPG - OOC Thread Reply with quote

The Order of the Anima’s History:

Legend has it that the Order of Anima had its humble beginning with a faithful Hebrew farmer named Caleb. Vampires were threatening to overwhelm humanity. God sent down his archangel, Michael, who blessed Caleb. This blessing bestowed holy abilities to the farmer, giving him powers with which to fight the vampires. He soon found that he could bless others and pass his power on to them. Over the centuries, these humans slowly began to organize, until finally, in 1467, they formally became the Order of Anima. The Order managed to nearly eradicate the existence of the vampires. When the vampires went into hiding, the Order of Anima assumed that they had completed their mission from god. In 1682, they disbanded.

With the Order gone, the vampires began to proliferate again. In 1991, the Vampires took over, and this time there was no Order of Anima to oppose them.

Or so they thought.

In the wake of this international coup d’etat, one man, known only as Cale, formed a group of vampire hunters and donned the name of the Order of Anima. This man somehow possessed the holy powers, and he in turn blessed his group of hunters. They single handedly have been the fighting resistance against the vampires in the US.

Unfortunately after 17 years of struggle, the Anima’s support network is infiltrated by a local Prince, and he uncovers the location of their base. He leads his own private special ops team down into the sub-sections of the city and attacks their base, devastating it and forcing the survivors into hiding.

Our RPG begins two years after these events. The former Anima members who survived this attack have set up base in a new city. They have accumulated some new recruits for training and have set up a new network, and are prepared to start afresh in this new town.

They are currently aiming to take down a new Prince known as Henry Joyce, who appears to be a legitimate businessman to civilian eyes, but has deep ties to many industries and several shady corporations. Joyce has been actively buying up pharmaceutical companies and real estate in Continental Europe, and there has been a marked increase in vampire activity in the area as well as some open clashes with a competitor and fellow Prince from a neighbouring city, Edgar Benton.

Our team of intrepid Hunters will be looking to thwart Joyce’s plans as much as they can and trying to bring down him and his grand scheme. However, they will soon discover that it goes further than deeper into the roots of vampire history and politics than anyone could have imagined…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A Short History on Vampires:

Caine murdered Abel. God cursed Caine. Caine became the first vampire.

Vampires have existed on Earth since that day. Caine fathered many childer in his days, to help ease his loneliness. He even fathered the infamous Dracula himself. The vampires grew powerful through the decades, and without an opposing force to keep their population in check, they quickly threatened to overtake humanity entirely.

God brought forth that opposing force. Humans, blessed with holy powers, began to hunt the vampires down. Caine was always a step ahead of them, vampiric historians say, and thus was not killed in those early days. The humans eventually became organized, forming the Order of Anima in 1467. The Order, over many centuries, managed to nearly eradicate all of the vampires on Earth. The vampires were forced into hiding.

1797 marks the rise of the vampires again. They began to slowly repopulate the earth, and slowly infiltrated the institutions of the world. Once they established their networks, they decided that the time for hiding was over. The vampires launched a major coupe of epic proportions in 1991 and managed to overthrow the World’s super powers.

Caine himself, spoke publicly to the vampires, via satellite broadcasts throughout the world. He laid forth a set of ground rules, rules that all vampires were to abide by, or face the sun’s wrath.

1. Do not father childer.
a. Vampires believe humans are cattle. If you turn all the cattle into vampires, you loose your major food source.

2. Kill humans only in defense of oneself.
a. If you kill all the cattle, you loose your major food source. Self restraint must be used.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Politics

Caine named 6 of his childer to rule the 6 populated continents. Antarctica was left unclaimed.

Conyers, Jayden
Sired by Caine in 1695. Caine named him successor to the North American continent. He or one of his childer either sired the majority of the vampires in North America. His seat of power is in New York City.

Ramiro, Fia
Sired by Caine in 1500. Caine named her successor to the South American continent. Originally from Portugal, she moved to Rio de Janeiro in 1900. A previous elder sired the majority of the vampires, but Fia quickly dispatched him upon her arrival to the city.

Diedrick, Barret
Sired by Caine in 1358. Caine named him successor of the European continent. His seat of power is in Berlin, Germany.

Hoshino, Kaori
Sired by Caine in 1712. Caine named her successor of the Asian. Her seat of power is in Tokyo, Japan.

Davis, Bricen
Sired by Cain in 1757. Caine named him successor of the Australian continent. His seat of power is in Sydney, Australia.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Order of Anima Terminology:

Lapdog – derogatory term for humans who willing serve vampires

Prince/Princess – a vampire who controls the vampires within a given city

Vamps – slang for vampire

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powers Available to the Anima:

Holy light – can create bursts of holy light that blinds Vampires, and harms younger vampires.
Purification – can be used to purify water, thus making it holy water…holy water will kill a vampire
Light cross – can bless any cross-shaped item to make it a holy cross…will repel a vampire
Detect Unholy – can detect the presence of a vampire
Holy Aura - can detect sacred/safe ground where vampires cannot enter

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Unfortunately, due to the forum downtime last month we have not just lost most of the restart that was begun on Forum Mark 1 back in November, but also all of the bios as well. I apologise a thousand times over, but I didn’t get a chance to save the bios of current players, so to those of you who participated previously, I need your bio again.
Since the version of Vampire Hunters that was running in Forum Mark 1 was ran as a “2 years later” to the original, I have a few proposals as to how to go about a restart for those of you who are interested…

1 - Just start from where we left off, and type up a “Story So Far…” thread for any new players who show interest so they can catch up with all that happened in Forum Mark 1.
2 - A much more complete retconn where we back-track the story more completely. We begin as if it were the beginning of the “2 Years Later” line. Much easier for new players to join, and it also saves trying to sort out which characters were buddy-buddy with who, but who had fallen out with so-and-so…
3 - Some kind of mix of the two previous proposals? I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter as well, if you’re interested in jumping in.

I know this may seem slightly pedantic and previous players might feel a bit of fed up “restarts”, but I just would like to hear everyone’s opinion on what would be both easiest and best for us to do. I can prepare the RPG in either way. I’m currently trying to re-work my own character’s bio at the moment, so as soon as I have enough players showing interest, I’ll open up a bio thread and an information thread we’ll get started pretty quickly.

GM NOTES:

- The main target of the Anima will be for them to find out what Joyce is up to to his fullest extent, and put a stop to his plans. I will put up more information about this later on, and edit it into this post.

- Raw recruits and old timers are okay. However, the youngest any character serving with the Anima can be is 18 - sorry if this peeves you, but since they are essential vigilantes on the run with very little prospects, they can't condone taking on children.

- This game will be set in the US ostensibly, but I have left off choosing a particular city so I can be a bit freer with my descriptions of the surrounding area.

- I will NOT be accepting bios for half vampires, or any kind of vampiric mutations. I liked Blood+ and Blade as much as the next girl, but that's not what this story is about. It's about human struggle, so let's keep it that way.

I will be adding to this post explanations of the holy powers, more terminology, how to kill vampires, information on Joyce's plans and Lilith, and other such things as I am asked questions about it. At the moment I would say my upper limit shall be 8 players excluding me, though that is just a rough cap. Some information I may put up for story clarification which is for the players to know, and not the characters, so I shall highlight that information in dark blue. I am open to any questions you may have! If you are a returning player, please check in here so I know you are returning. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

EDIT: Empty Character Sheet [if demand is popular, I will put up an example character sheet for one of the NPCs later this week]

Name:
Build:
Distinguishing Marks: [scars, piercings, tattoos, birthmarks – but remember these will be things that make you more identifiable!]

Power(s): [starting characters will begin with only one power]
Skills:
Weapons:
Equipment: [no more than 8 item blocks in a Backpack/Utility belt, no more than 10 in each block]

Time with the Anima? (if applicable):
Personality: [Quirks and irrational fears and the like may go here]
Background: [Be as wordy as you like! Preferably at least two paragraphs]
Relationships with other members? (if applicable): [can be sorted in the OOC]

Last edited by Ravenna on Mon May 05, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Into the Gloom a goner as far as powers go, then?
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is Into the Gloom a goner as far as powers go, then?

*sigh* The honest truth is I am yet to decide. It all depends on how people vote on the game style, and whether people choose Option 1,2 or 3. I'd like all returning players to throw in their comments on the options first. If there is an outcry for its return, then it'll be back up there for definite, but at the moment I'm considering a few story and power-up-y things. So I'm thinking about it.
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. I'm not a returning player, though, so frankly I know nothing about what's going on.

*goes off to craft a player who does what other people tell him*
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oop, missed that choice. I'd probably go for option 2, although that does lose out on a lot of Dia's lovely, lovely angst (though I'm sure we could work that back in =D).
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I'll obviously be waiting for all prospective players, old and new to weigh in on the matter, so Dia may yet to get hold on to his angsting. XD And as you say, there will be plenty of chances to work a little bit of angst back in, but let's not over-do the drama.

I'll go back in and add a character sheet at the very end as well. >< Can't believe I forgot that!!

Thanks for popping by Spindrifter! Very Happy If there is something in particular you're unsure of, please feel free to ask.

EDIT: Character sheet has been added, and I shall add an example bio using one of the NPCs should you all so wish. I'm currently trying to re-type and re-gen Jae's bio.
Violabelle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play. I'm going to be studying a lot this summer and this will be a great study break. Plus I'm fairly attached to Anna. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally in, and i managed to find Niamh's bio so Very Happy

I'm sorta tempted for option 1 as i actually worked out a reply for my next post way back, but i can totally see why option 2 would be better. I think option 3 would be a bit hard to pull off with the new people.

i hope that helps, and this gets off the ground again soon Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
- Issa
LordLegion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give this a try. Not to sure if I will be able to commit fully to it. So if and when we start I am unable to contribute on a consistant basis I will let you know and then bow out.

I used to think everyday I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a revolver was a victory, but little "golden" moments like this make me wonder, "A victory for who?"
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 9-12-2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unimportant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to dig my character bio out of my computer. Fingers crossed it hasn't been deleted!
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to play.
I'm not going to vote on an option, I think I'll leave that to the original players, since they were probably more attated to their characters and whatnot.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! It's good to see people are interested. Very Happy If the previous players and incoming players could tell me what they think of the options regarding how we start off as well, I would appreciate that and get started on crafting the first chapter.

Considering how epic my initial post is getting, I think I may just do another big post later to add in anymore explanations or information. And I think we have enough people for me to type up a provisional player list!

PROVISIONAL PLAYERS
- Ravenna (GM)

1. thespaceinvader - bio recieved
2. Spindrifter -
3. Violabelle - waiting on bio
4. Feaelen - waiting on bio
5. Nem - waiting on bio
6. LordLegion?
7. Fable - waiting on bio
8. Tinu -
9. Maeniel? (I know he's having compy issues, so I'll just put him on the list until he lets me know otherwise) - waiting on bio

- Just a quick note to the incoming players: don't get worried by the "waiting on bio" status beside the other names just yet, as these are the previous players who are returning and therefore wrote their bios a while back. XD
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally in! Smile I'll not be doing anything until after Wednesday, though; that's when I get done with my term paper and get my computer back. Smile
Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan-dabby-dosey! I know it's quite quick, but I think I can let myself set up a deadline for bios at this point, seeing as we have 9 prospective players! I think for the opening chapter, the top number I'll take is 10 players excluding myself, but I will probably accept more in the next chapters.

At the moment, the vote for story style stands at...
Option 1 - 0
Option 2 - 2(?)
Option 3 - 0
PLEASE pitch in your opinion on this, because I would like to be able to craft the first chapter over the weekend once I'm feeling healthier. It's up there towards the end of the EPIC post. I feel like since you guys are the ones particpating you should get a say.

The bio deadline shall be The Evening of Thursday 24th of April provisionally methinks. However if you need an extension or help, please do contact me! I will try to put up an information thread on that weekend.

I shall also put up an example bio or two this evening once my homework is done. In the meantime, here is an edited provisional player list!

PROVISIONAL PLAYERS
- Ravenna (GM)

1. thespaceinvader - bio recieved
2. Spindrifter -
3. Violabelle - waiting on bio
4. Feaelen - waiting on bio
5. Nem - waiting on bio
6. LordLegion?
7. Fable - waiting on bio
8. Tinu -
9. Maeniel - waiting on bio
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: