FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RP: First Steps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His smile faded, and he nodded again. He leaned back a bit to take in what the other man had said.

"I can relate, though I think almost any military man would say that in this age. When the universe began and ended on Earth, I am sure things were quite a bit more simple."

Reaching up, he rubbed the stubble on his chin for a moment before regaining his mischievous half smile. "On the other hand, we get the chance to brave the new frontier. We get to be the cowboys of the new age of humanity, and there is a certain appeal to that idea..."
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rolaoi



Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 247
Location: The Empire in the South

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down to the Cargo Hold Hanna listened to their discussion of a game of some sorts, but it was unfamiliar to her. She pretended she was observing the various workings of pipes and wires around her.

When they reached the cargo hold, she went to work searching for her bag. She found it in a small crate also labeled JS. She picked it up and looked inside to make sure everything was there. There were brushes for her hair, brushed for her teeth, a mirror, scented soaps, a towel, and some other personal items. Satisfied she turned towards the other two. Thieli was near the lift with a pile of belongings.

When Thieli mentioned the tightly squeezing into the elevator, she smiled nervously, "I'll take the stairs."

She had always hated feeling crowded with other people. It wasn't a fear of small spaces, just that closeness with so many people at one time.

((Cargo Hold > Berth))
_________________
Talked to a man who caught the
raninbow's end he found
That the pot of gold resided within
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was more storage room in the cabin than Leah had originally anticipated, and so she was able to completely empty her steamer trunk and turn it sideways to use as a bedside table. The duffel was emptied and stored inside, along with the carpet bag, and she left her medical bag on top to take with her when she left.

First stop: Infirmary. Across the hall and everything in order. She checked off things on a mental list, pleased to know the builders had the doctor in mind when they'd built it, and also pleased that the list she'd undertaken to send to them of materials she would need had been taken into account. There were some things she would want to have extras of, in case of emergency, but the extras were not in attendance. She'd have to ask Captain Eisner about it next she had a chance.

The kitchen was spacious for the small ship, with enough counter space that she laughed and clapped her hands in delight. And right next to the door was a floor to ceiling cabinet that currently held various appliances and food stuffs, but she could move stuff around and label that the snack closet. Opening doors and drawers, she saw that all the handles doubled as locks in case of 'turbulance', if they were twisted perpendicular to the current position. It was different in the infirmary, the doors there were locked automatically and needed to be twisted open. The oven was small, but she was only cooking for seven. It wouldn't be much of an issue. Not like when she was cooking for twelve that one time, with a kitchen smaller than this. Leah shuddered. That had been a nightmare.


{{She'll be puttering around the kitchen or infirmary until Eisner says it's launch time. The first person who decides to initiate contact can decide which they find her in, I don't really care. By turbulance I mean a battle situation, since we'll be in space.}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The idea does appeal somewhat, I'll admit."

He glanced back into his room, which was neat and tidy, with everything put away. "It's all shipshape and Bristol-fashion in here, so shall we go and explore the ship? I, for one, could use a cup of tea before we launch."
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sparrow



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 99
Location: One of many comfy couches in the known universe

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvy heaved her bags up the stairs and down the hall to her room where she began unpacking. She had tried to be sparse in what she brought, but looking around she felt like maybe she should have given a little more thought to the decor. Making a mental note to pick some things up next time they went anywhere interesting, Jarvy began organizing and putting away the necessities and a few non-essential items that she had brought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sounds like a plan."

Damien stepped back and out of the doorway, making plenty of room for Gibbs to exit as well. The hallways weren't cramped, not by some of the standards he had grown accustomed to, and provided enough room for Gibbs to pass.

"After you, sir."
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli, nodded as the others took the stairs, this was easier for her anyways. She stepped out of the elevator near her room and shoved her containers in through her room door.

The two containers in her tail were neatly deposited in on the shelves near the door, she'd deal with them in a minute. She lightly placed her tool box near the door and opened it, she'd need some of the tools for setup.

Thieli then turned to the large container. The doors opened out sort of like a wardrobe only not quite, Anyone who looked in through her open door would see a strange array of technology and what looked like a large light as well.

She scanned the pipes above her bed, with one eye as she turned and pulled a wrench like tool from her kit and 4 mounting brackets. Thieli then proceeded to attach them to the sturdiest pipes above her bed so that she could mount her heat light. Unlike humans she'd need more then the ambient heat to keep her warm as she slept. Once the brackets were up she quickly mounted the light and checked to make sure the power generation unit worked. She let the warm light spread over her hand for a few seconds before shutting it off. Nodding satisfied to herself she continued to unpack.

Her trousers, she hung neatly in the wardrobe along with her personal grooming items. And then she closed her large "wardrobe" and wheeled it over to the wall near the sink and locked it down so it wouldn't move.

Next she pulled one of her two cases from the shelves and began to remove small items from it. Some of them obviously technology, as they blinked away. However there was two strange items that Thieli treated with special care.

The first, a small shard of what looked like an egg set in a bioplastic block was gently placed on a shelf off by itself that held obvious sentimental value but no real purpose. The second, a strange blinking piece of technology that looked a bit like a round camera. She turned it on and stuck it to the center of her rooms ceiling. The lens scanned the room and then started projecting strange faint shapes across the walls. To human eyes, they would be strange, but not actually annoying shadow shapes, but under UV light it would be a very pretty picture.

The remaining case was opened just to make sure the contents were safe before being closed again.

Thieli sighed and surveyed her room, it would be strange but she believed she could live with these humans.

If anyone walks past her open doorway, they'll can drop in and say hi or something if they like. Or notice the strange techno-toys etc...
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tomato



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 312

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jameson pulled the crank-lever for a last time as his beloved punch-bag inched into the air. Suspended high enough for a good swing, but not so high as to be unnatural, the weighted body-sized training dummy was something he treasured.

Captain Eisner dropped into a boxing stance and threw a couple of fists into the worn leather, smiling to himself. This felt good. He cocked back a fist and felt his fist get heavier, a purplish hue surrounded it as the light bent and shifted towards the ultraviolet spectrum. Combining a pair of gravitational effects on both his fist and the bag, he threw a heavy right cross and hit it dead center. The combined shock of the gravitational effects and his hit erupted the air around the impact with the same purplish hue. The bag made a large, enjoyably familiar popping sound, and flew back a good foot further than his hardest punch otherwise could deliver. He caught it as it swung back, and settled it.

That was enough of that. Time to act like a captain.

He made his way to his quarters. He'd check the time, and make the call to posts soon. They'd probably be prepping for liftoff within an hour or so. Best to be making ready as soon as possible.

((Hold>Captain's Quarters))

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am gonna make the call to posts (meaning, getting ready for liftoff and checking the ready status at everyone's positions) soon. It'll depend on if anyone has anything specific to say to the captain soon, but I imagine it'll be in my next few posts, or, the next two days. Whichever comes first. Either way though, be ready.
_________________
:: I'm six foot four, an all-American guy, and handsome and talented as well! ::
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((ooh, a punch bag. Boxing matches between the pilot and the captain in the hold anyone?))

Gibbs clapped a hand around his fellow's shoulder as they walked. he could see that the pair of them would get along famously. It was only a short step to the galley ((please, not kitchen =P)), where he quickly found a kettle to boil some water and set it on the heat ((Presumably the cookers in the kitchen draw excess heat from the engine reactors in some way - it would make sense to pipe superheated steam through coils underneath on demand or something...)) with some water inside, before beginning to rummage through the stores for tea and a strainer ((no anachronistic tea-bags for me =D)). He did have some of his own, but he was loath to use it.

The cook was there too. It was only right that he be personable. "Can I interest you in a cup of tea, Miss Gregory? Will you have on, Mr Raude, or do either of you prefer coffee?"
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah propped her fists on her waist in annoyance, and said, "I'd actually prefer if you'd have told me before rummaging through my galley, Mr. Gibbs. I normally wouldn't mind, but I haven't got it organized and cataloged yet, and who knows how much time I have left before launch? When we're on our way, I'll let everyone know what's for taking and what's off limits, but for now... Well, how would you feel if someone started rummaging through your ship's logs?" Her piece said, Leah turned around and got down the tea jar from the cabinet she'd just closed. As she retrieved it, a drawer behind her glowed a faint lavender, opened itself, and a tea strainer rose up and flew at Gibbs's head. It stopped short, of course, and gently laid itself on the counter just as Leah put the jar down a little harder than necessary.

"Please put everything back where you found it when you're done, sir. This is my domain, and is under my command, as much as the bridge is under yours."


~~
{{Couple things - if I forget to call it a galley, it's not because I don't know, it's because I've forgotten. I do know that. Note to self, remember we're on a shipSecond, it really was... not rude, exactly, but inconsiderate to barge in. Especially since he's skeptical of her as a doctor, and now in her 'legitimate' field, he's also not giving her proper due. Third, this is my debut of Leah's grav implant. As such, the order to 'put everything back where it was' is not simply being overbearing, it's important so that she can get things without looking - if she doesn't know where it is, she can't open the drawer properly, and might damage whatever item it is by bashing against walls. Musings about her ability in the OOC thread. Lastly, I was guessing about the piloting terms, and I might have gotten it mixed up with captaining stuff. Just insert whichever terms are more appropriate, kthx?}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If they needed to do it, I'd be quite happy with that, and people are wont to require that."

He should have thought further about his action, but he hadn't thought she'd be this... homebodied. Whether she was the cook or not, this would have to be a shared galley everyone had a chance to use - she couldn't be up all hours to cook, after all. But that was a discussion for another day.

He took the flying tea strainer out of the air quite calmly, with a nod and a polite "Thank you", and poured his cup. If she'd been trying to impress him with her implant, she wouldn't get very far. Many of the naval men he'd served with had them. He simply preferred his own skills to the somewhat risky procedure of getting one.

"Of course I will. I fully appreciate the need to keep a tight ship."

((I'll address the OOC in OOC...))
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Damien has some very period appropriate views of women, I would like to go out of my way to say I do not share these views, thank you))
((I really want to call your character Gibbs, Space, but I can't find a good IC reason to do so as of yet. ¬_¬))

As Leah and Barry went back and forth, Damien's eyes followed the conversation with mild curiosity. It wasn't to be unexpected, that the two of them would clash a bit, given that he was a military man and she was a woman of the new era. A lot of people, himself included, still didn't see women as equals. In truth, most women weren't doing much to change the image that they were better suited for homemaker tasks.

"I would love some tea, in fact. Leah, would you care to join us?" He said, offering up his best diplomatic smile. As he spoke he stepped forward, not between them, but closer to it than before, and rest his hand on Barry's shoulder.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rolaoi



Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 247
Location: The Empire in the South

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna reached her cabin where she sat on her bed and began to rummage through her bag. She pulled out one of the bottles of scented soap and popped off the top. She held it under her nose and took in the pleasant scent which rose from it. The smell reminded her of her grand-mother. It gave her a warm feeling. She looked at a picture of her family. She hadn't been born yet, so her mother was still there. Her father looked very content. Hanna wiped a single tear from her cheek.

"Ich soll den Maschinenraum besuchen." She recapped the bottle and placed it away.

She quietly looked into Thieli's room as she passed it on her way to the elevator. Thieli had been busy, and there were many interesting baubles in the room she would have liked to learn about, but at a later time, she told herself.

Most of the systems were dormant, but there was still a buzz as engines churned around her. She rest her hand flat against a panel on one of the engines. It was warm. A hot, white-blue light radiated from the palm of her hand. She could feel the currents of electricity darting, pulsing, retreating! through her implant. Her hair rose and fell slightly.

"Hallo, meine Freunde. Ich heiße Johanna. Ich bin ihre Technikerin."

For a while she just stood in the solitude the engine room provided before deciding to leave. She was thirsty.

She entered the galley to find two new people she had not yet met. Gibbs looked a little upset, but she may have been wrong. She caught the smell of tea. "Ah, tea. Wonderful. May I have a cup, please?" Hanna waved at the man she had not yet met, "Hello, my name is Johanna von Sachsen." Hanna also waved to the woman, "Hello." She looked back at the man, "Excuse me, I haven't yet met either of you. What are you called?"

(galley)

*******
I should visit the engine room.
Hello, my friends. My name is Johanna. I am your engineer.
_________________
Talked to a man who caught the
raninbow's end he found
That the pot of gold resided within
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex


Last edited by Rolaoi on Tue May 27, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah sighed, and brought her hand to her temple. There was no use in fighting, as Gibbs was essentially right. But giving in to these men would be infuriating and embarrassing, and there was no telling how much it would hurt her credibility as a doctor.

"Yes, please. Just, next time, there will be a cupboard specifically for non-meal use, and I'd appreciate it if you or anyone else who wants anything takes it from there. If something runs out I'll replace it, but please don't go into general stores without telling me. And I'll have to drink on the go, I'm afraid, I still haven't made sure everything's locked down for launch." And yes, she was making a pointed reference to the kettle whistling on the griddle.

((taking the cup to save time, I guess just imagine whatever your reply is to be said while handing the cup over.))

Leah took a sip and sighed again. "Haven't had proper tea in a while. Feel free to pass the word about the cupboard around when you go." she sipped again, and went back to her drawers.

Leah's method for this was to open the drawer, look inside, close it, then open, look and close it again. She did the same with the cupboards underneath and over the counters, and sometimes she would take an item out and set it aside. When she had made the circuit of the kitchen, she had left a trail of loose appliances behind her. Then she made another circuit, picking things up as she went and placing them in different cabinets. She does this in silence, unless someone starts a conversation. And she'll finish before the call to launch.


{{The thing with the snack cabinet comes from a book I enjoy. The cook has a pantry for snacking, which he takes into account when he's calculating needs, so people won't take something he needs for the next meal and he goes short. This way everyone's happy. So this is what I'm trying to do, and it makes sense, since we'll be in a closed environment, and who knows what will happen.}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien watched Leah's reaction, taking mental notes as she moved about the galley with a quiet sort of precision. However, he kept the same warm smile as he nodded his thanks for a cup of tea, once it was poured.
Most people do not look into a stranger's eyes, ergo this is the time when my eyes can be most useful to me alone... he mused to himself, holding the cup of tea in both hands. He was just inhaling some of the steam from the tea for a refreshingly deep breath, when a new woman appeared from the door to the hallway.

He spoke first, and released his right hand from the tea cup to offer it for a shake. As he spoke, he offered a smile and looked into the woman's eyes with strikingly bright blue eyes of his own. "Hello miss, my name is Damien Raude, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance..."
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group